[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teens: Oral Sex and Casual Prostitution No Biggie...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even my 15 year old doesn't fight with me that much about these things because she gets it.

errr, gets what... :wacko:

Edited by SEC=UGA

IMO having 2 teenage daughters, it is the parents responsibility to make sure their kids don't end up going to party's like that or in places where things like this might happen. Could it happen anywhere? I guess, but I can tell you straight out that if my child asks to go to any party and I can't talk to a parent that is going to be their the entire time, then my child isn't going. They can be upset at me all they want. It's my job to make sure crap like this doesn't happen.

:wacko:Like Halloween parties?

Nukem only beats on teenagers - really shows what he's made of :D:D

I had a few friends in high school, really , I did... :wacko: Any way, while they were in high school they went about 6'5" or better and 270+. If Nuke is whooping up on kids that size, maybe I won't give him a beat down.

But I get what yer saying.

Oh yeah tough guy - is that a threat?

:wacko: Pretty sure he was saying that he wishes you were there to see what took place, not to start something with you.

:D at people trying to act all "tough" on a frickin' message board.

:D

The more I think about this article, the more I think its just a bunch of sensationalistic journalism. They don't give any metrics for the more extreme cash for sex claims. Its all anecdotal except for one oral sex stat.

I forget what its called, but its a classic tactic for making a persuasive argument based on faulty logic: Here is one stat, and then here is a bunch of hearsay that seems legitimate by association.

Bah, its very Jerry Springeresque.

IMO having 2 teenage daughters, it is the parents responsibility to make sure their kids don't end up going to party's like that or in places where things like this might happen. Could it happen anywhere? I guess, but I can tell you straight out that if my child asks to go to any party and I can't talk to a parent that is going to be their the entire time, then my child isn't going. They can be upset at me all they want. It's my job to make sure crap like this doesn't happen. Restricting some TV shows and even certain radio shows is constantly what I have to do. It's freakin rediculous how much crap there is on TV today that just isn't appropriate for my kids.

I know I sound like some overbearing parent, but I'm not about to teach my kids that it's okay to be like this. I can tell you for a fact that I've made my point and they understand it. Even my 15 year old doesn't fight with me that much about these things because she gets it. Soon I won't be able to protect her and she's going to have to stand on her own two feet. I'm helping her understand right from wrong and I think she's getting it. Kids getting pregnant at 12 or younger is most likely the parents fault.

I only read about half of this because I was distracted by your avatar.

The more I think about this article, the more I think its just a bunch of sensationalistic journalism. They don't give any metrics for the more extreme cash for sex claims. Its all anecdotal except for one oral sex stat.

I forget what its called, but its a classic tactic for making a persuasive argument based on faulty logic: Here is one stat, and then here is a bunch of hearsay that seems legitimate by association.

Bah, its very Jerry Springeresque.

Was going to post the exact same thing. I've been around long enough to see several "end of the world" stories like this. Load of chit.

It's funny that people are ok with adults doing this but not for teens. Oh you can do that later in life....just not yet? Our society is so messed up it is so hard to explain to a kid what is right and what is wrong. I always point back to the European method, of not having restrictions on any age and it seems pretty successful. My parents were born in Greece and their culture is SO much different than ours in so many ways, and this type of poopy doesn't occur there...at least not at this scale.

We need to change society as a whole or else it will make it even harder to raise good kids...and alot of these parents are hyprocrites themselves.

It's funny that people are ok with adults doing this but not for teens. Oh you can do that later in life....just not yet? Our society is so messed up it is so hard to explain to a kid what is right and what is wrong. I always point back to the European method, of not having restrictions on any age and it seems pretty successful. My parents were born in Greece and their culture is SO much different than ours in so many ways, and this type of poopy doesn't occur there...at least not at this scale.

We need to change society as a whole or else it will make it even harder to raise good kids...and alot of these parents are hyprocrites themselves.

Much truth here

:wacko:Pretty sure he was saying that he wishes you were there to see what took place, not to start something with you.

:D at people trying to act all "tough" on a frickin' message board.

:D

I don't think so but if that's the case, I stand corrected. I have a history with Nuke'em - he attacked me based on advice I gave another person, so my perception of him isn't all that great.

So saving it for marriage is just out of the question I guess.

So saving it for marriage is just out of the question I guess.

You are misunderstanding me. Unless you are stating that the message our society is saying is, wait for marriage then suck away. If you think that, you are misunderstanding alot more.

Edited by MrTed46

It is amazing how much our society has changed. My father was a star basketball player in high school. He lettered is freshmen, sophomore, and junior year. He was also all district his junior year and was garnering the attention of a few good universities. He ended up not playing his senior year, because he was kicked of the team. The offense that got him kicked off the team? He was caught spending the night with his girlfriend.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I don't think so but if that's the case, I stand corrected. I have a history with Nuke'em - he attacked me based on advice I gave another person, so my perception of him isn't all that great.

I got that out of it, FWIW - that nuke was saying if you'd been there you would've done the same. I've (verbally) let kids have it too. Filthy-mouthed when I'm taking my two little girls to see a movie. I've also jumped on them for chatting up during a movie. That just jumps all over my "bully" nerve, and I can't stand bullies.

It's like in the movie Second-Hand Lions when Robert Duvall says (paraphrasing here) "This kid's been indulged since he was on his Momma's tit and walks around at the expense of people too good-natured to do anything about it!" before he whips a carload of teenagers. :wacko:

It is amazing how much our society has changed. My father was a star basketball player in high school. He lettered is freshmen, sophomore, and junior year. He was also all district his junior year and was garnering the attention of a few good universities. He ended up not playing his senior year, because he was kicked of the team. The offense that got him kicked off the game? He was caught spending the night with his girlfriend.

This day and age he would get a high five by Tiger Woods himself.