[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, crap.

Chief Dick

Olympics, Combine, NFL Draft, FF rookie drafts, training camp, preseason...

This.

Sadly this is the time of year where I always lower my standards and say "Maybe I'll start watching basketball or hockey now..." and it lasts for a week or two, and then I just flip back over to NFL Network.

Hopefully the Olympics can circumvent this painful process this year.

FIFA World Cup in June. :D

:D

:wacko:

One of the great things about following English soccer is that it's something to fill most of the NFL off season. Season is from Sep - May. With European or World championships contested every 2 summers.

I can't really be devoted to other American team sports. They all have way too many meaningless games. The season barely matters until the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Between the Olympics (and I'm not even taping/watching the 10+ hours per day on MSNBC, etc.), college hoops, this week's Match Play PGA event, American Idol, and a few other various shows that my wife and I watch throughout the week, my DVR has never been so full. There are literally not enough hours in the evenings for me to watch even half of what I'm hoping to watch. I end up fast-forwarding through not only the commercials, but also a lot of the other stuff (this includes figure skating) between events. I'll probably spend a good chunk of the weekend trying to catch up.

Next month will be just as crazy... For the past 10+ years, I've always taken the third Thursday/Friday of March off from work to watch the opening two rounds of the NCAA tournament. This year, I'm taking the Thursday/Friday of the previous week off as well, just to watch the conference tournaments. Needless to say, the number of hours spent watching hoops next month will easily reach triple digits.

As far as the NFL goes, I'll definitely record and watch the draft and some of the post-draft analysis, but for me, the NFL combine has to be one of the most over-rated/over-hyped sporting "events" of the year... I probably won't watch five minutes of the entire thing.