[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers requested . ..

bpwallace49

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Mr. John Winkle . . . . you will be missed.

On Sunday evening one of my members just succumbed to esophogeal cancer. Great guy. You can always tell the measure of a man by how he treats others, particularly those who serve him. Mr. Winkle was an advocate for caddies, always had a kind word for bussers and kitchen employees.

However my chef is doing much better and the cancer is aggressively REtreating . . . .

Edited by bpwallace49

• 2 months later...

-sigh-

RIP Mr. Nick Falcone. A true scholar and a gentleman. One of the search committee members that hired me and that I worked with very closely passed away last night from complications of esphogeal cancer. You will be missed sir.

:wacko:

This year sucks. 2 great members, my chef is still in chemo treatments, and my dining room maanger of 10 years just went on disability with stage 4 colon cancer with very little time left. F you cancer. F you. :tup:

• 1 month later...

On a positive note the staff started planning a golf outing to raise money for his family (a freshman in high school, freshman in college and his wife) as they will have difficulties in the future. As long as the club doesnt LOSE money, the board agreed to let me do whatever.

All staff has volunteered to work for free that day, I have over 6 grand in donated silent auction items( and rising), and we are donating all entry fees for golf to his family . . with over 80+ signed up so far. We expect to fill the whole event, which will be a huge burden off his family's shoulders . .

Sorry to hear of all the bad news. The big C sucks big time. Lost too many friends and family over the years.

This however is great news. Good on you putting this together.

On a positive note the staff started planning a golf outing to raise money for his family (a freshman in high school, freshman in college and his wife) as they will have difficulties in the future. As long as the club doesnt LOSE money, the board agreed to let me do whatever.

All staff has volunteered to work for free that day, I have over 6 grand in donated silent auction items( and rising), and we are donating all entry fees for golf to his family . . with over 80+ signed up so far. We expect to fill the whole event, which will be a huge burden off his family's shoulders . .