[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a new dishwasher

Savage Beatings

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations of what to buy and where to buy for a new dishwasher (or what to stay away from)?

We have had Bosch in our last two houses and they are awesome. sooooo worth the extra cash. i do not prewash anything. you can hardly hear them running. awesome, i cannot recommend them enough.

We have had Bosch in our last two houses and they are awesome. sooooo worth the extra cash. i do not prewash anything. you can hardly hear them running. awesome, i cannot recommend them enough.

Good call - the Bosch or all stainless Kitchen Aid would be my picks.

$1500 for a dishwasher? Really?

No reason you cannot buy a good dishwasher for less than $600. Hell, the dishwasher in my house is a $300 model, and cleans great. I can live in my house 20 years and not spend $1500 on a dishwasher. :wacko:

On the flip side - I went through 3 $300 models in 12 years before I bought a "good" one.

$1500 for a dishwasher? Really?

No reason you cannot buy a good dishwasher for less than $600. Hell, the dishwasher in my house is a $300 model, and cleans great. I can live in my house 20 years and not spend $1500 on a dishwasher. :wacko:

you get what you pay for.

It's like saying "Why spend $50k on a Corvette when I can get a Fiesta for $10k? They will both get me back and forth to work for the next 20 years!"

It's like saying "Why spend $50k on a Corvette when I can get a Fiesta for $10k? They will both get me back and forth to work for the next 20 years!"

Excepting that a Vette will get you laid much more regularly than a fancy dishwasher will...

Ummmm, don't be ghetto. Get something that matches yer Fridge and oven and microwave. It's all made by the same company nowadays in Mexico and different labels are stuck on it anyways.

My dishwasher gets me laid. Sometimes more than once a week. But most times not. She just has trouble putting the dishes away after they are cleaned.

Another vote for Bosch. We have a model like this one. 3 years old. Works great, but because it doesn't have a food grinder, you have to lightly scrape the big chunks off. It has no heating element either, yet it's amazing how clean and streakfree everything is.

For you guys with the Bosch's have you ever had the problem with it smelling really bad (I've read that a couple of times in some user reviews)?

The Eastern Europeans always smell bad. Eventually you get used to it...or not.

+1

I recently replaced a cheap dishwasher with a more expensive one (Electrolux).

The main differences are that the new one is so much quieter than the old one. I can barely tell when the new one is even running. With the old one it was so loud that we couldn't even run it at night.

Another big difference is the drying is much better with the new one.

The old dryer was just your basic white metal one with the white plastic interior. The new one is stainless steel inside and out. A lot of the less expensive stainless steel dishwashers will just have the stainless steel on the front but the interior will still be white plastic. Over time the plastic becomes stained due to foods like spaghetti sauce. I imagine this could lead to odor as well.

We love our new dishwasher but if you think you're going to cave in to the "appliances must all be the same brand" mentality (like we did), than you better price the stove and the fridge first as the dishwasher will generally be the least expensive of the three. I bought the dishwasher first and then found myself sort of on the hook for the Electrolux fridge and stove. Ouch!