[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foods you loved as a kid that you rarely/never have now

BeeR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fried chicken

Forgot about that, in fact pretty much all fried foods....

frosting

This too - in fact even tho most frostings now aren't as much pure sugar as they used to be, I still often scrape a lot off of cake.

In fact, now that I think of it, cake. Really most sweets not just candy.

Edited by BeeR

The Hostess packages of six mini donuts.

Hostess apple pies.

hahah i hadn't had those donuts in years. I had a bout with insomnia last night and ended up going to 7-11 at 2am to get a pack and some chocolate milk to dip them in. Slept like a baby.

Fast food. Maybe once a year now after growing up on the stuff.

Pizza (heartburn issues)

Pancakes

World's Finest Chocolate bars (the ones you sell when you're a kid)

Chips Ahoy

Potato Chips

Hot Dogs

Hamburger Helper

I didn't say pizza because we didn't have it all that often as kids either, so not sure I'd "count" that - the main diff now is I don't do pepperoni or even "meat lover" type pizzas. I'll go with a supreme minus the pepperonis or just a veggie.

I don't know why but somehow that just sounds :wacko: to me

:tup:

Edited by BeeR

With four kids in the house, its hard not to dabble in some of the old favorites now and then.

That being said:

Fish sticks

Fun Dip

Push pops

Alpha Bits

that's a good one. ate a lot of those when i was young. throw some marshmallows in them and you have some lucky charms. they really were magically delicious.

Sugar Frosted Chocolate Bombs, Cream of Mushroom Soup, grandma's homemade Chicken&Dumplings, canned spaghetti, and Tuna Helper.

Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs!! Calvin and Hobbes.... I miss that comic. :wacko:

Pretty much candy of any kind - sweet tarts, peanut patties, etc.

Every morning for breakfast during grade school I would eat "cheese things" - bread with mustard, a slice of american cheese and bacos (fake bacon bits) all toasted. I ate those every morning and probably not once in 25 years now.

Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs!! Calvin and Hobbes.... I miss that comic. :wacko:

+1

We lived on Coco wheats for breakfast when I was a kid, now I can't find it.

I'm still a sugar cereal junkie, so I can't agree with most of you here.

Hate LIst: Sloppy Joes, boiled mixed veggies ( corn, peas, green beans, potatoes ), Cadbury Creme eggs

Still love: Hostess Fruit pies. I crave the Peach and Blueberry ones, but can't find them anywhere where I live. I remember there being lemon, chocolate, boysenberry, blueberry, peach, and the pudding pies. Now it's just apple and cherry. I still look on the hostess rack at every convenience store I walk into.