[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pantstight

i_am_the_swammi

Well, it appears they've finally given up pretending like anyone gives a damn about what these women think. It is now openly what we all knew it was, a looks contest. At least now we won't have to hear anymore tripe about world peace.

Watched this with my wife last night. When the swimsuit competition came on, I put my magazine down and said "Baby, I love watching TV with you". Dirty look. Then we started rating the women. Wife: "She's nothing special". Me: "Oh, I disagree, she's at least a 9". Judges' score: 9.23. More dirty looks. This happened three times. Then she asked which ones I thought had fake breasts. Wife: "This one?" Me: "Yep, they look fake". Wife: "How about this one?" Me: "Definitely". Wife: "Have you ever felt fake ones?" :wacko:

Watched this with my wife last night. When the swimsuit competition came on, I put my magazine down and said "Baby, I love watching TV with you". Dirty look. Then we started rating the women. Wife: "She's nothing special". Me: "Oh, I disagree, she's at least a 9". Judges' score: 9.23. More dirty looks. This happened three times. Then she asked which ones I thought had fake breasts. Wife: "This one?" Me: "Yep, they look fake". Wife: "How about this one?" Me: "Definitely". Wife: "Have you ever felt fake ones?" :wacko:

You have a seriously under-developed trap detector. :tup:

Meh, have to agree with CN on this one. One can go anywhere & see chicks dressed up in lingerie. I think it sends the wrong message to younger girls who look up to these women. Something they already get too much of IMO. They're giving up their morals for ratings, but what's new in today's society?

Why don't they just cut to the chase and have Playboy do the photo and video shoots?

+1. I also find it pointless to judge these gals when you can't even tell if they have enormous roast beef curtains or not. That's a minimum 5-point deduction in my book.

Meh, have to agree with CN on this one. One can go anywhere & see chicks dressed up in lingerie. I think it sends the wrong message to younger girls who look up to these women. Something they already get too much of IMO. They're giving up their morals for ratings, but what's new in today's society?

I don't know of any young girls who look up to these women. Is there a way to find out?

Instead of the standard swimsuit and evening gown photos, they were posed on a large bed in various states of undress.

Looks like all the same stage to me.

What do you think of Miss USA's new direction?

I'm all for it. Now this is why Lincoln gets so much credit for keeping all the states together. But I think we could come up with a few more states somewhere. We could get three out of California and maybe 4 or 5 out of Texas. Maybe even Alaska could be 4 states.

okpantsverytight

this might be the best thing out of Fox News in quite some time.

Discuss

I was flipping through this link ont he couch last night while the wife was sitting next to me. She looked over and said " Hey, Jude are you looking at?" I told her it was the girls from the Miss. USA paegeant, she didn't believe me. Then I showed her the headline and she said, "God, what a bunch of freaking skanks." I said, "Yeah, you gotta love a skank." She just shook her head.

ETA: I might have to start stalking Arkansas and SD.

Edited by SEC=UGA

I've got to believe that 90% of parenting is explaining that almost everything you see in pop culture is shallow/harmful/stupid/pointless/unhealthy.

I've got to believe that 90% of parenting is explaining that almost everything you see in pop culture is shallow/harmful/stupid/pointless/unhealthy.

Agreed, but without healthy examples it's becomes increasingly difficult to sell that idealism to kids. If you tell them one thing & everywhere they look they see something else...

What Miss USA used to promote was that the contestants were beautiful, smart & morally responsible. Now it's just about the sex.

Edited by rajncajn

Agreed, but without healthy examples it's becomes increasingly difficult to sell that idealism to kids. If you tell them one thing & everywhere they look they see something else...

What Miss USA used to promote was that the contestants were beautiful, smart & morally responsible. Now it's just about the sex.

Its just parallelling everything else in our society.

There are tire commercials that use sex to try to sell now for god's sake...

I REALLY enjoyed watching pageants starting around age 13. I would guess that without the swimsuit competition, straight male viewership would disappear. It's always been very much about sex.

I REALLY enjoyed watching pageants starting around age 13. I would guess that without the swimsuit competition, straight male viewership would disappear. It's always been very much about sex.

+1 Once I found pron, the pageants didn't do anything for me anymore. :wacko: