[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The impossible soccer goal explained...

Not really that astounding. Running in that direction as a lefty is going to naturally put spin on the ball to bend it back in to the back post.

Only if he hits across it. The natural thing to do from there is to hit it with the inside of the left foot so it bends away from the goal, not the outside.

Not really that astounding. Running in that direction as a lefty is going to naturally put spin on the ball to bend it back in to the back post.

Have you ever played soccer? My pants are moist just watching those goals.

Only if he hits across it. The natural thing to do from there is to hit it with the inside of the left foot so it bends away from the goal, not the outside.

Right. The natural thing to do there is exactly what you are saying IF you are trying to set up your teammate.

Cmon yo....I'll let you try that same shot 1000 times, running full speed. I'll even let you have no goalie....and pay you $1000 for each one you make. You pay me $100 if you can't make on.

We on? :wacko:

Cmon yo....I'll let you try that same shot 1000 times, running full speed. I'll even let you have no goalie....and pay you $1000 for each one you make. You pay me $100 if you can't make on.

We on? :wacko:

I agree 100% Swammi!! CD is off his rocker with this one. That goal was amazing! Hell, even the goalie didn't think/expect it to happen.

I agree 100% Swammi!! CD is off his rocker with this one. That goal was amazing! Hell, even the goalie didn't think/expect it to happen.

No kidding. You can see the goalie start to drift away from the goal and then the ball curved the opposite direction that would be expected. Incredible.

:wacko: come on, man! natural spin would bend it in the opposite direction. what he did there is like throwing a 90 mph screwball painted on the corner while running full speed in a perpendicular direction. that shot was absolutely ridiculous. I can almost guarantee you can't find tape of one quite like it -- either a lefty from that side or a righty from the other at that angle on a full run.

:wacko: come on, man! natural spin would bend it in the opposite direction. what he did there is like throwing a 90 mph screwball painted on the corner while running full speed in a perpendicular direction. that shot was absolutely ridiculous. I can almost guarantee you can't find tape of one quite like it -- either a lefty from that side or a righty from the other at that angle on a full run.

Depends on which way you position your foot. It would spin the opposite direction if you used the inside of your foot. The way he struck it was across his body with the outside of his left foot.

Amazing shot? Absolutely. But not impossible.

Depends on which way you position your foot. It would spin the opposite direction if you used the inside of your foot. The way he struck it was across his body with the outside of his left foot.

Amazing shot? Absolutely. But not impossible.

I made one like that against Galatasaray in the Turkish league a few years back. :wacko:

We on? :tup:

I'd take that bet & I've never played soccer a day in my life. :wacko: