[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Grease" being re-released in theaters with lyrics on screen for sing-a-long...

http://chud.com/articles/articles/23833/1/...MMER/Page1.html

It's hard out there for studios. Every year it's getting harder and harder to get people out to theaters instead of waiting for the DVD (or just stealing the movie from the internet). Paramount is tackling the problem head on, and no, it's not another goddamned 3D movie.

It's a sing-a-long.

Paramount is rereleasing Grease this summer with lyrics onscreen, urging people to sing along with the songs. It's a great idea, and one that's been gaining popularity at rep houses across the country (the legendary Alamo Drafthouse does sing-a-longs on the regular). The Grease Sing-A-Long is getting a special two week release, and Paramount is doing one of those "Demand it comes to your town" events that worked very well for them with Paranormal Activity.

I'm psyched for this - I'm a huge fan of Grease and a huge fan of public singing. I'm hoping to get something cool for CHUD readers, at least in Los Angeles, going for this release.

In the meantime,

, which gives you an idea of how the sing-a-long works. Controversy time: will all the girls scream or cream for Greased Lightning? I always thought it was cream...

http://chud.com/articles/articles/23833/1/...MMER/Page1.html

It's hard out there for studios. Every year it's getting harder and harder to get people out to theaters instead of waiting for the DVD (or just stealing the movie from the internet). Paramount is tackling the problem head on, and no, it's not another goddamned 3D movie.

I thought Hollywood was having a record year? :wacko:

Oh, and what a stupid idea.

Well, with society turning our younger generations into ummmm....:wacko: ... well let's just say both the boys and the girls now need feminine hygiene products... with crap like High School Musical, Camp Rock, and Glee...

This is to be expected.

Edited by millerx

Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse...

:wacko: Hollywood

Posty started a thread that didn't involve an almost famous person dying?

I saw Jeff Conaway on tv recently. He's in really bad shape.

link

from the link... Gee thanks for all the help John... :wacko:

He also took courses from the Church of Scientology to cope with his problems after Travolta came to his aid, but is believed to have struggled recently with his addictions.

Edited by MikesVikes

Like I need the lyrics on the screen to sing along....

+1

I got chiiiiiiiiills, they're multiplyin'

and I'm loooooooosin' control

I don't know...ONJ in those tight black leathers may have been the first time my pants got tight. :wacko:

+ a bazillion. I don't even remember it but my Mom tells me ONJ was my first crush at 4 y/o or so.

+1

I got chiiiiiiiiills, they're multiplyin'

and I'm loooooooosin' control

Seriously, I'm just wondering if the theatre will let us do the dance moves?

You're the one that I want, oooo oooo oooo....