[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

favorite sheets

Savage Beatings

What in your opinion is the perfect combination of durability, softness, and price for bed sheets?

I've found some high thread count sheets online for a good price, but I have no idea if they would end up being as soft as I like or not. I just really don't know what to look for. Any thoughts?

What in your opinion is the perfect combination of durability, softness, and price for bed sheets?

I've found some high thread count sheets online for a good price, but I have no idea if they would end up being as soft as I like or not. I just really don't know what to look for. Any thoughts?

Hard to call. I know my wife has gravitated toward higher thread count sheets in recent years, but the feel seems to vary quite a bit from set to set. My favorites are a 1200 thread count cotton something or other she paid $120 on sale if I remember right.

My real favorites are industrialized, transparent rubber :wacko:

I'd go w. 600+ thread count. I'm not too familiar w. different manufacturers. I will say one thing, though, Ralph Lauren/Polo sheets fade something awful, but they have some of the best looking patterns I've ever seen.

I'm not a fan of cotton "sateen". They have a sheen and a slippery feeling that I don't care for. And sateen cotton seems to wear out faster. If you want a slick feeling similar to satin....by all means, do sateen. But it you just want soft, try to find 450-600 thread count in 100% cotton....not sateen cotton. Prices vary depending on brand names. Obviously Ralph Lauren will set you back more...lol. But I've found nice sheet sets in 450-600 TC for $40-75 for a queen set with deep corner pockets.

Do you have a Home Goods store near you? They have a pretty big section of clearance sheets, some of which are hotel quality brands.

Just be aware that when you go for a high thread count in 100% cotton....learn to live with the wrinkles, unless you actually iron your sheets. It's always good to pull them right from the dryer and put them on the bed to get them to flatten out better. They get softer with more washings. :wacko:

They won't last forever....but while they do, they are SO worth it.

Hard to call. I know my wife has gravitated toward higher thread count sheets in recent years, but the feel seems to vary quite a bit from set to set. My favorites are a 1200 thread count cotton something or other she paid $120 on sale if I remember right.

My real favorites are industrialized, transparent rubber :tup:

I'd go w. 600+ thread count. I'm not too familiar w. different manufacturers. I will say one thing, though, Ralph Lauren/Polo sheets fade something awful, but they have some of the best looking patterns I've ever seen.

:tup:

When did we get to the Better Homes and Gardens forums? This is quite the sewing circle. You ladies going to braid your hair and gossip about boys too?

+1 on the 600+ tc. :wacko:

We had a set of 1200TC that were perfect. I think we paid around $100. When they gave out we replaced them with 800TC which I figured would still be pretty soft but they feel like sandpaper by comparison.

The best prices and selection I've found:

:wacko: