[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

name an everyday occurrence that wouldn't normally be upsetting ...

montster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not stand it if I get something on my clothes, particularly my shirt, unless I'm doing manuel labor then I don't care. I've been known to go home and change shirts if I get something on one, and I'm not talking about a big glob of marinara, but a little speck of anything, or dirt transfer from a water bottle when I change that out in the break room.

i have a female relative who, whenever she wants us to do something for her, asks, "so, what are you doing on thursday at 3 pm?" just tonight she asked my wife, "so, what time do you go to work in the morning?" she wanted my wife to drive this relative's daughter to some class every morning for three weeks in july. it grates on me so f'ing much because she can't just ask like a normal person. "hey, my daughter has this class she has to go to, and i can't drive her. would it be possible for you to take her to work with you, if it's convenient?" is that so hard? and by the way, why did you sign your kid up for something if there was no one to take her every day?

i have a female relative who, whenever she wants us to do something for her, asks, "so, what are you doing on thursday at 3 pm?" just tonight she asked my wife, "so, what time do you go to work in the morning?" she wanted my wife to drive this relative's daughter to some class every morning for three weeks in july. it grates on me so f'ing much because she can't just ask like a normal person. "hey, my daughter has this class she has to go to, and i can't drive her. would it be possible for you to take her to work with you, if it's convenient?" is that so hard? and by the way, why did you sign your kid up for something if there was no one to take her every day?

I know, right?

I find a dog slurping from a water bowl really amusing. :wacko:

Horses drinking are more amusing, seriously, they don't lap, the suck, strangest thing I've ever watched. THough, a buddy of mine did have a German Sheppard that drank the horse way when it was young, that was pretty funny too.

I hate when people don't show common courtesy. Don't hold doors, say excuse me, or show just general human manners.

My number one pet peeve is when people don't let you off elevators. When the door opens and people push their way in before letting anyone out. It drives me friggin' crazy.

Also hate the "so what are you doing Saturday" thing. My sister in law is the queen of this, and it always ends up with me getting stuck doing some bs thing for her.

I hate when people don't show common courtesy. Don't hold doors, say excuse me, or show just general human manners.

When I was in grad school I was walking out of a building and I held the door for the girl that was entering the building, stepping aside so she could come in. She stopped, looked at em and said "I can open doors for myself"... My retort was "Not with that attitude."

OK, I've got one that sort of qualifies. At least, it's a simple thing that shouldn't be such a big deal but annoys the hell out of me. I'm basically reminded of it 4x a year. During the 4 tennis majors. Well, really just the French, Wimbeldon, and US Open because I don't pay attention to the Aussie.

At any rate. Why effing seed a tourney if you completely ignore the seedings when you set up the bracket? They always seed the top 32 but then don't bother setting it up so that those 32 are divided out the way they should be. They do make sure the top 4 seeds are in different brackets but that's it. Not only that, provided they all make it through to the semis, they don't set it up so that 1 would play 4 and 2 would play 3. Being a numbers guy, it always annoys the hell out of me when I see matchups in the quarters that simply shouldn't be possible. Again, what's the point?

Also, why not rank the whole bloody thing? Federer is the #1 seed and played the #65 player in the world today. It's a 128 player tourney. Shouldn't #64 be playing #65? I understand the seeds in these tourneys aren't supposed to mirror the world rankings because some guys get pushed up or down depending on how well they play on that surface. That's OK. Have a freaking committee just like the NCAA. I mean, there must be some criteria to determine who gets in the thing. Why not spend another hour and just rank them all 1 through 128?

Sorry, rant over.

It's about as annoying as knowing that it's some dude's job to update the ticker on football Sunday and see the same score roll past showing 10pts and listing the FG as the score. Thanks a-hole, I kind of figured they got a FG. What say you let us know who got the 7?