[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cigars

whomper

Any huddler cigar people out there ? I have maybe 1 every year after this benefit I go to with my brother and his friends. My brother smokes them frequently. It seems people really love a good cigar. The banquet facility that I work at has an optional cognac / cigar cart that we offer as an extra for parties and I work it sometimes. I basically cut the cigars and pour the cordials and that station gets absolutely packed. What are some good brands ? My bros birthday is coming up and there is a place in the city , Nat Shermans, that has tons of them. I dont know what they cost but id be willing to buy him a few expensive ones I suppose

The only unaltered cigars I like are the Romeo y Juliet shorts. The Cuban ones. I'll smoke 1 or 2 every time we go to Mexico. I've never tried the non Cuban versions of them but they make them. Probably not the cigar for an officinado like your brother; however.

Any huddler cigar people out there ? I have maybe 1 every year after this benefit I go to with my brother and his friends. My brother smokes them frequently. It seems people really love a good cigar. The banquet facility that I work at has an optional cognac / cigar cart that we offer as an extra for parties and I work it sometimes. I basically cut the cigars and pour the cordials and that station gets absolutely packed. What are some good brands ? My bros birthday is coming up and there is a place in the city , Nat Shermans, that has tons of them. I dont know what they cost but id be willing to buy him a few expensive ones I suppose

Find a good humidor in the city and ask them. Usually the most expensive cigars aren't always the best.

The only unaltered cigars I like are the Romeo y Juliet shorts. The Cuban ones. I'll smoke 1 or 2 every time we go to Mexico. I've never tried the non Cuban versions of them but they make them. Probably not the cigar for an officinado like your brother; however.

Sometimes when I work that cognac cart I mentioned above they have cigars left over and they let us take them home. A few weeks ago I brought my bro a Romeo and Juliet and he said it was a good one.

Used to smoke them much more frequently than I do now....nothing like a great cigar on the golf course, or while tailgaiting at a game. With a big family, and less discretionary income than I had 4 kids ago, it's a luxury I enjoy less than I'd like.

Some great smokes:

Ashton Crystal #1

Romeo y Julieta Churchill

Montecristo #4 - my favorite; Cuban version

Macanudo Diplomat

I only get to smoke cigars on the golf course ... they are usually dried out from sitting in the golf bag.

This made me laugh, so true.

Whomp, do you know what kimd of wrap he prefers? Its been years since I have smoked good cigars, but I used to prefer the maduro wrap. Its darker and I prefer the taste. If you remember that it might help narrow it down. R y J is good. I remember a brand called Onyx or something like that. I think it was a quality but inexpensive smoke.

Almost more important than the brand is the type of cigar. Does he like a maduro or natural wrapper? Does he like a robust or mild cigar. Once you know those answers, go to the local shop and tell them. They can then recommend a solid cigar. Don't get hung up on the Cuban cigar thing either. Most of them are highly overrated. There are some fine brands out there to look for. Liga Privada is a great new stick(10-15 dollars here in Pa), as is any of the Caine(8-10 dollars) cigars. Camacho(8-15 dollars) has a number of great belnds too. Of course you have the old stand bys of Punch(5-9 dollars) and Macanudo(in my opinion overrated).

Almost more important than the brand is the type of cigar. Does he like a maduro or natural wrapper? Does he like a robust or mild cigar. Once you know those answers, go to the local shop and tell them. They can then recommend a solid cigar. Don't get hung up on the Cuban cigar thing either. Most of them are highly overrated. There are some fine brands out there to look for. Liga Privada is a great new stick(10-15 dollars here in Pa), as is any of the Caine(8-10 dollars) cigars. Camacho(8-15 dollars) has a number of great belnds too. Of course you have the old stand bys of Punch(5-9 dollars) and Macanudo(in my opinion overrated).

He said Mild and naturally wrapped

I have two cigars in my desk drawer that are VERY dried out.

Any chance of rehabilitating them before smoking?

Yep, but its a process..this is from ecigardepot.com:

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to restoring cigars that have been dried out due to a lack of humidification. Time and a slow re-hydrating process are the two essential elements required to restore the cigars to their original state. Start by placing the cigars in a sealed box for a few days to allow them to breathe and adjust to their environment. After a few days, introduce your humidifier to the environment with a partially filled humidifier. Let the cigars rest and re-adjust to the new environment. Repeat this process during the course of the next few weeks until the cigars are supple to the touch. WARNING: Remember to be patient! If you introduce the cigars to an environment with too much humidity (like your already-charged humidor) you will shock the tobacco and it will cause the cigars to absorb too much humidity causing the wrappers to burst and you'll end up with cigars that will never be usable.

I get mine from Monica Lewinsky.

I smoke 1-2 a month. I'm partial to a more mild Arturo Fuentes or Gloria Cubana. The ones I like run $8-$15 and should be available at your run-of-the-mill tobacconist, so its not like I'm high-brow... for once.

Edited by yo mama

Yep, but its a process..this is from ecigardepot.com:

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to restoring cigars that have been dried out due to a lack of humidification. Time and a slow re-hydrating process are the two essential elements required to restore the cigars to their original state. Start by placing the cigars in a sealed box for a few days to allow them to breathe and adjust to their environment. After a few days, introduce your humidifier to the environment with a partially filled humidifier. Let the cigars rest and re-adjust to the new environment. Repeat this process during the course of the next few weeks until the cigars are supple to the touch. WARNING: Remember to be patient! If you introduce the cigars to an environment with too much humidity (like your already-charged humidor) you will shock the tobacco and it will cause the cigars to absorb too much humidity causing the wrappers to burst and you'll end up with cigars that will never be usable.

Right.

I don't own a humidor / humidifying box.

The two cigars are in a sealed ziplock bag in my desk drawer. And have been for about three years. I'd like to smoke them this weekend while fishing (but realize that may be a really bad idea).

Suggestions?

Right.

I don't own a humidor / humidifying box.

The two cigars are in a sealed ziplock bag in my desk drawer. And have been for about three years. I'd like to smoke them this weekend while fishing (but realize that may be a really bad idea).

Suggestions?

Here's hillbilly suggestion that works (sort of). Keep the cigars in the ziplock, but slip in a moistened (not sopping wet) clean piece of sponge about the size of a quarter/half dollar. It will rehydrate the cigar in a couple days. It can also cause the cigar to start getting moldy if you leave it in there too long. So check it periodically, and add moisture/remove the sponge as necessary. Smoke sooner than later, or it will just dry out again. And don't let the sponge and the cigar physically touch each other. That will cause mold to grow more rapidly.