[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Political Thread

matt770

:wacko:

Stop the madness, just stop!!!!!! You conservatives are ruining this board by ratcheting up the political debate to outlandish and obscene levels! Your and the Tea Party's obvious racist bent are showing through in every negative thing you post about Obama (peace be upon him) and his agenda. You want him to fail only because he is 50% African American and that gnaws at you and encumbers your thoughts every waking moment of your life. It is definitely a symptom of some sort of deep seeded penis envy syndrome. You can't stand the fact that he is intellectually, morally, and athletically superior to you and since he has quit smoking he probably even smells better; like cocoa butter and honeysuckle, much like Karl Marx himself must have smelled.

You lampoon him and fail to even exercise a modicum of rational thought when speaking his name or seeing his picture. He is a honey throated deity, a modern day savior that has come to rid the world of the ills that we were saddled with during the past eight years by "America's Hitler." The balance of the nations of the world heralded his arrival and have brought him to their breast and he nurtures and suckles, feeding off of their good will and energy. In exchange he has navigated us through the treacherous waters, the caverns, the fishers that were created by the jackal of a leader we had previously and created good will among the US and all nations of the world.

He is a shining beacon of hope and prosperity. His actions and agendas have pulled us out of the worst recession the world has seen. He has charted a new course to prosperity. He has created 3.5 million new jobs where there once was nothing but unemployment and nagging, abject poverty and hopelessness. He has saved the American autoworker, nay, the entirety of the US auto industry. He prevented the collapse of the US economic system and he has brought charity, honor, and grace back to the office of the American Presidency.

In due time, you will all see, that his policy and politics have healed this country, have repaired and salved the gaping wounds that were festering as the dark age of US politics came to a close. We are again revered in the eyes of the world. We have reached out to Muslims, Hispanics, Latinos, Communists, Dictators, Jews, Gentiles, and Hindus. We have made their ordeals our priority, we have made their happiness our mandate and for this we have received good faith and good will from all of the countries of the globe. Obama (peace be upon him) is a peacemaker and icon of prudence and intellect; he has been in fact the savior of the once again great nation that we call home.

And you, you conservatives want him and his policies and the US, alike, to fail. God will have his judgment on you in the afterlife for your transgressions but fortunately, god willing, Obama (peace be upon him) will cast his judgment on you and your greedy ways much sooner!!!

Political threads usually start out with good intentions but they almost always end up in a different place.

We've tried to be a bit more lenient in the offseason but with (hopefully) new people in the coming weeks we need to dial back the rhetoric in this forum.

Will do. Thanks for the explanation and the free reign for a while!

Political threads usually start out with good intentions but they almost always end up in a different place.

We've tried to be a bit more lenient in the offseason but with (hopefully) new people in the coming weeks we need to dial back the rhetoric in this forum.

You're the boss, but candid discussion is a good thing IMO. I understand that personal attacks are not good, but philosophical attacks are IMO. If it weren't for the political banter here in the tailgate, I'd probably end up spending half as much time at the Huddle during the off season that I currently do. There have been several discussions where I went in having one belief, and have changed my beliefs due to what some have posted here. Sure there are some that will forever be closed minded on all subjects, but unless they are attacking someone rather than someones argument I see no harm in it.

I assume that you most of your revenue through advertisement now, and that advertisement is linked to the number of times the site is viewed. I have to think that political threads that on a whole keep us coming back even if it is nothing more than to scratch the scab are better for your revenue.

this thread offends my delicate sensibilities. can we please just talk about unicorns and rainbows?

Also allowed - sunshine, kittens, puppies, origami and being "high on life".

You're the boss, but candid discussion is a good thing IMO. I understand that personal attacks are not good, but philosophical attacks are IMO. If it weren't for the political banter here in the tailgate, I'd probably end up spending half as much time at the Huddle during the off season that I currently do. There have been several discussions where I went in having one belief, and have changed my beliefs due to what some have posted here. Sure there are some that will forever be closed minded on all subjects, but unless they are attacking someone rather than someones argument I see no harm in it.

I assume that you most of your revenue through advertisement now, and that advertisement is linked to the number of times the site is viewed. I have to think that political threads that on a whole keep us coming back even if it is nothing more than to scratch the scab are better for your revenue.

While advertising is part of the equation, actually membership fees are several times as important so it is very much about attracting and retaining members than it is about page views. Everything has some importance though. Bottom line - this is a fantasy football site and no one joins it because of the political discussion. There are some who would leave it though - just a reality.

Bottom line - this is a fantasy football site and no one joins it because of the political discussion. There are some who would leave it though - just a reality.

Bingo. Many people don't really enjoy arguing and will eventually get tired of putting their 2cents in if they are just going to get whacked by the dismissive other side of the aisle. Many people wouldn't discuss politics or religion the same way if they were in person with friends or even strangers. There are reasons for that.

And I don't know if many people can claim that they've learned a lot and grown on political issues due to the discussions here. I've seen monkey chit fights that are more productive than some of the political threads that happen in the tailgate. :wacko:

I caught yesterdays thread late and when I went to reply it was gunned. I agree wholeheartidly with Cunning runt. I said it years ago too when the right was getting slammed too so I have always maintained the same position. It is slowly costing us great huddlers. Guys like atomic . and people that are slowly shying away because the boards are a downer. I once again suggest a politics forum. You can say to me not to click the political threads but politics makes its way into non political threads quite frequently. I just remember enjoying the TG a lot more. There are probably thousands of political boards that you guys can go nuts on.

Edited by whomper

Bingo. Many people don't really enjoy arguing and will eventually get tired of putting their 2cents in if they are just going to get whacked by the dismissive other side of the aisle. Many people wouldn't discuss politics or religion the same way if they were in person with friends or even strangers. There are reasons for that.

And I don't know if many people can claim that they've learned a lot and grown on political issues due to the discussions here. I've seen monkey chit fights that are more productive than some of the political threads that happen in the tailgate. :wacko:

For my part, I just get tired of a certain few people, and yes Perch, you're #1 on that list, who takes a shot almost non-stop. You're on my "ignore" already and have been for some time, but the ignore doesn't work when you're replying to a thread which you seem to also do non-stop in an effort to beat your already well-known opinions into everyone's head.

I've been around the Huddle a while, but am thinking of taking my anonymous FF board business elsewhere. Sorry DMD.

You can say to me not to click the political threads but politics makes its way into non political threads quite frequently.

the same thing would happen if we had a political forum though as threads in the tailgate would still get 'perched'

I am one of those cats though that does feel like he learns a bunch from these discussions. There are so many damned talking points out there and misinformation and I feel the discussions here do a pretty good job in shooting down BS - not all of it, but a fair amount. It happens on both sides and when the right is shooting down the far left's lies and the left is shooting down the far right's lies - if you look really hard you can find in the middle, admid the things that remain, something that kind of resembles reality.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I don't venture into most of the political threads as I try to pretend to be productive at work. However, it's unfortunate when threads are non-political and get gunned because they run off on some tangent. Case in point, the 1099 stealth law thread. As a small business manager, I was curious what others thought about the implementation and execution, anyone know anything besides what has been written up in big papers, etc. Instead, it got derailed and gunned.