[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

phew!

Bier Meister

just started running again today after 7-8 years.

the good:

-total distance= 4 miles (jog/walk)

-ran the 1st 2 1/2 before having to stop (goal was 2m)

-only walked maybe 1/4 mile

-able to run through the cramp for a mile or so

-no pain (back, knees)

-no burning in the chest

-all this at altitude

the bad:

-poor time

-need to work on breathing

-need to lengthen stride

good first day back for an old man :patsselfonback:

Nice work Bier :wacko: For those starting up programs or currently in programs of any sort, we have a good group in the Huddle weight challenge forum updating our progress in various types of work outs. It started out a weight loss forum but is now weight loss/ fitness/ nutrition etc.

Dont mean to hijack Bier just inviting you to keep your progress in that forum if you would like to. There is strength in numbers and we try and keep each other motivated . good luck pops .I.I.I mean Bier

Nice work Bier :wacko: For those starting up programs or currently in programs of any sort, we have a good group in the Huddle weight challenge forum updating our progress in various types of work outs. It started out a weight loss forum but is now weight loss/ fitness/ nutrition etc.

Dont mean to hijack Bier just inviting you to keep your progress in that forum if you would like to. There is strength in numbers and we try and keep each other motivated . good luck pops .I.I.I mean Bier

np. i remember that one from a while back. i may pop in. big part of me wants to do it on my own....

Edited by Bier Meister

Where is this located? I didn't see it in the forum list.

Where is this located? I didn't see it in the forum list.

It's in the non-football forums section. Maybe I should ask DMD to change the name of the forum to the Huddle Fitness Forum. Has an alliteration and everything.

Edited by Puddy

yeah....i believe i'll be sore.

You'll be sore, probably worse on Wednesday than tomorrow. And I can't stress the importance of good running shoes, they alone will prevent various injuries from occurring. You should go to a running store where they can analyze your running technique and feet and fit you with the right shoes. They may cost you a hundred bucks, but they're worth every penny. And don't run more than 300 miles on a pair, they'll need to be replaced. And get good socks with NO cotton, cotton absorbs moisture and causes blisters.

Good luck. :wacko:

just started running again today after 7-8 years.

the good:

-total distance= 4 miles (jog/walk)

-ran the 1st 2 1/2 before having to stop (goal was 2m)

-only walked maybe 1/4 mile

-able to run through the cramp for a mile or so

-no pain (back, knees)

-no burning in the chest

-all this at altitude

the bad:

-poor time

-need to work on breathing

-need to lengthen stride

good first day back for an old man :patsselfonback:

Consider seeing a doctor before you start doing this a lot. Seven-eight years is a long time.

Stick with it. Impressive stuff. Fisrt week or two is probably the toughest. Once it gets into your daily routine, you'll miss it when you can 't get your exercises done. Be safe and have fun.

big part of me wants to do it on my own....

I know that feeling.

Stick with it. Impressive stuff. Fisrt week or two is probably the toughest. Once it gets into your daily routine, you'll miss it when you can 't get your exercises done. Be safe and have fun.

I know that feeling.

yep...it's all about getting it into the routine for me.

when i made the career change in 01, i had a month off in sf before the move.... was running 5 m for 4-5 days a week. dropped 12 lbs in a month. got to colorado and got winded after about 3.5 miles :wacko: then got busy with everything and couldn't/didn't fit it in.

JMHO, but I think you are pushing it. After that long of a layoff, you may feel great about getting off to such a good start, but I did this once, and 2 weeks in my calf muscles would cramp badly. My doc told me I asked my legs for too much too soon. I actually had to lay off for nearly a month.

Sounds like you have run before. Then you know it is no short term deal, it's a change in your life style. Be patient, and work your way back into it is my advice. Going too hard too soon can set you back, and when that happens, it's harder to resume. It's pretty demotivating.

In any case, best to you, and pat on the back.