[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For my 10,000th Post

Rovers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that. I told the story of how I got banned... and you guys invaded that board. I didn't know anything about it till the next day. That guy came to the Huddle and started to threaten people, that he would report them for posting in FF forum from work on company time. :wacko:

Good times, good times.

Edited by Rovers

I remember that. I told the story of how I got banned... and you guys invaded that board. I didn't know anything about it till the next day. That guy came to the Huddle and started to threaten people, that he would report them for posting in FF forum from work on company time. :wacko:

Good times, good times.

:tup:irishjny

I just read that whole thread...I need a life. :wacko:

LOL, I reread it too.

The epilogue... there were 5 guys who owned that brew supply joint that sponsored the forums. One of them, the only decent one, the only one who was a full time employee and part owner and ran the store, the shipping, local and on line orders, etc., well they sold it out from under him and screwed him out of his full time job. The new owner ran it out of business within a year. Really nice guys those other four were, including the idiot that came here.

They refused to sell it to that 5th owner on a note. Last I heard about the tool who came here was that he was out of work and on his last dime.

For my 10,000th post, I had no idea of what to do. I asked a couple of Huddlers, but they basically had no ideas either, except one said I should talk about myself. That made me realize what I should do. Talk about the Huddlers who have made a difference in my life. People who stuck by me in the worst of times, people who have proven to be tried and true friends, people like FWmaker who once offered to give me a ride to a hospital and those who have simply made coming to the Huddle more fun, more enjoyable.

So, here goes, but understand, there are far more I would like to add to this list, but for obvious reasons, this post has to have an ending, because I could probably go on for pages from my 6 years of posting here. In no particular order:

Stingers: Everyone should be so lucky to have such a loyal, stalwart friend.

Rockin Robin: When it was Huddle bandwagon time for some long time posters to be ripping me after a forum conflict, he did not. He defended me when most had me on their chit list. He also knew me better than others did at the time, what kind of man I am, but still, is there a better way to measure a man? To stand up for one when so many others are against him? That is all you need to know about Tom. A true gem I am honored to call friend.

SEC: Darn near proposed marriage when he called me an Irish drunk. Few have ever complimented me so highly. I almost accepted till I sobered up. Oh, wait, I haven't sobered up yet.

Lord Opie: Being of Irish decent, I am still fearful of Lords. He has to get mentioned or he might take my pigs.

Ah, you take what you can get. :wacko:

Congrats on the milestone. Good post.

Hope to earn a mention in the 20K post.

Ah, whenever a lis of people is made, there are always people who get left off. I've been in one league here for 7 years, still 10 original owners and didn't name but a couple of them. I mean heck, there are over 80 Huddlers with over 10k posts. Just can't name everyboby, other than to say Huddlers.

Sorry BC.... you have always been a solid poster. Irish, you have never annoyed me either...LOL. Coulda been on the list too. :wacko: Thanks, Square. (for no whining) :tup: