[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Car was victom of hit/run

AFRO

So I get up this morning (it was a struggle as it was overcast)

go thru my daily routine, shower'n'such.

grab my lunch, head out the door..

What am I greeted to? a Busted mirror, and some other scrapes and damages..

I didnt hear anything. could be partially due to the A/C running since its so humid around here. so I have no clue as to even when it happened.

(and my GF did not notice on her way to work either, she was parked in front of my car...)

so now I have had to call the police, to file a report;

call my ins. co. to start the claim process..

waste my lunch break to get estimates...

(I friggen hate auto insurance as it is; I have paid for it for years and have never used it besides OTHER people crashing into my PARKED vehicals!! :wacko: )

so now my ride is in the shop and I am waiting to get quotes as far as how much damage will cost to fix..

I did get a loaner for the time being.. but still friggen sucks I have to waste so much time/energy on some delinquent driver's cowardly (or worse drunken) behavior.

So obviously its been a long ass day, and I have been a little distant and preoccupied none the less..

End Rant.

on the good note no one was injured; that I am aware of, and that seems to be the only issue at hand.

anyone else had any similar grief -or bad day- happen lately?

feel free to post yer grief in here too!

My 80 yr old neighbor ran into the back of my car with her car about a month ago. They had to tow hers away but mine was still drivable. Nowhere near as bad as yours since she was covered insurance wise but it did happen a day or two before my wife was due so it was a little of a nuisance.

This happened to me once (hit and run with uninsured motorist).

Make sure you make a 'demunition in value' claim. This is the claim over and above the cost of repairs for the reduction in the value of the car because of someone elses action; you'll have to disclose that it was in a car wreck (I had to have structural damage fixed to the frame; it was in the shop for about two weeks) and as a result it was worth less. My insurance company paid me like $2100 on that part of the claim, in addition to getting the car fixed. FYI.

Make sure you make a 'demunition in value' claim. This is the claim over and above the cost of repairs for the reduction in the value of the car because of someone elses action; you'll have to disclose that it was in a car wreck (I had to have structural damage fixed to the frame; it was in the shop for about two weeks) and as a result it was worth less. My insurance company paid me like $2100 on that part of the claim, in addition to getting the car fixed. FYI.

muck, did u have to fight hard for that diminished value claim? im about the file a claim for our accident. tia.

It wasnt that bad, considering I guess.. the mirror was whacked pretty good though, chipped the seal on the windshield (like a nic) but the guy said he would try to see if they would "take it off the top of my deductable" basically... No frame damage, its drivable, just looks like a black eye of sorts for my car...

Ironically the guy that is doing the damage report now, did the one for my old car. and remembered it like it happened last week!

and also Ironically (Twiley) my other parked car was hit by an elderly motorist..get this.

My car was parked in the lot accross the street from where I work. I was three spots from the handicapped spot..She got in her car, thought she was breaking (are you kidding me?) flew accross two lanes of one way traffic, (including parking spaces) up the 4" curb, over this 6" slab of concrete that is basically the curb for the parking lot.. AROUND the handi-spot..misses the first two cars..BUSTED THE FCK outta my rear pass-Bumper and smashed it into my buddys car parked next to mine damaging the other side... then proceeded to drive out of the parking lot (only God knows how, as they had to tow it on the FLATBED tow truck) parked her car again and called the police.

amazingly she was fine (although shaken) but of all the cars to hit, she sure as hell did a "bang up job" on my ride back then...over the two curbs and around two vehicals..WOW. just my luck..that wasnot a fun day either..but her ins paid for my/my buddy's damages.

Last fall we had some family over afete one of my daghter's soccer games, and my wife had to park on the street because the drive way was full. I get a call on my cell and a biddy of mine who was driving by says he thinks the mail lady just hit my wife's car. About that time the doorbell rings and my neighbor says that he thinks the mail lady just hit my wife's car. I go outside, mai lady no where in sight. I get in my car and drive and she has booked it about three blocks down, skippin the houses in between. I have to pull in front of her and make her call her supervisor and come back to my house. Worst part is that the b!tch still delivers our mail after all of that.

sorry about this. Same thing happened to me last month,discovered damage at a grocery store parking lot on my way out. I filed under my unisured/underinsured...$250 deductible and it can't be used against me for a rate increase (surcharge I think they call it). Can u do the same?

That's too bad. I backed into a post moving my car out of the way of a forklift in a warehouse today. It's hard as hell to drive when you're stoned off your ass.

Good luck.

fjck yiu. damm its hsrd to type and drve

:wacko:

Definitely uninsured. A couple of weeks ago I switched from Progressive to Hartford to bundle it with my homeowner's insurance. I upped my coverage limits and really went into detail coverage for the first time in a decade. It sure is fun having to pay that extra for uninsured coverage. People suck.

I've heard stories of people getting hit by uninsured motorists and the cops simply let them go on their way. Unbelievable. I'd be taking away these people's licenses for a decade. It should be the most severe punishment we have for drivers....on the same par as DUI.

That sucks. I had that happen a couple years back. Ended up finding the vehicle that hit mine a block away one morning. Easy to tell by the pieces of his car left at the scene, paint, so on. The guy claimed to be out of town at the time, saying he didn't know who drove his car and never had to pay a dime.

Ticked the cop off because he knew he was lying. The cop harassed him until his higher ups made him stop. I guess it had happened to his wife recently so he took it personal.

That sucks. I had that happen a couple years back. Ended up finding the vehicle that hit mine a block away one morning. Easy to tell by the pieces of his car left at the scene, paint, so on. The guy claimed to be out of town at the time, saying he didn't know who drove his car and never had to pay a dime.

Ticked the cop off because he knew he was lying. The cop harassed him until his higher ups made him stop. I guess it had happened to his wife recently so he took it personal.

if you had the evidence it was his car, his insurance should have picked it up. doesnt matter who was driving the insured car, no?

if you had the evidence it was his car, his insurance should have picked it up. doesnt matter who was driving the insured car, no?

It does matter who was driving. I was in a head-on accident a few years ago. The gal who owned the car claimed her boyfriend took her car without permission. Her insurance refused to pay anything. Went to court, the judge sided with the insurance company. We appealed, different judge again sided with the insurance company. :wacko: