[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs. Redskins

Cowboyz1

Well it's that time of year again and what do we have here Cowboys vs. Redskins. Wheww I thought it would never get here.......

Before I begin let me say that this has been a fine offseason for the Cowboys. No drama just football. The redskins on the other hand, have a 350 pound drama queen/diva to keep the heat off of Snyders poor managment skills. I mean 7 coaches, 5 Qb's later and what do you end up with. Jason Campbell and Haynesworth. Man oh man do I love me some snyder. The guy makes Jerry Jones look like a saint. Well maybe not a saint but he certainly finds a way to turn that short mans complex into an infomercial for extenze.

I mean come on. You go and dump Campbell for his older twin Mcnabb. Now that is the very definition of a head scratcher. Mcnabb is a shell of what he once was and to go a step further he wasn't all that accurate in his prime. At one time he was a double threat. Could beat you with his legs and shot put the ball out there enough to allow Westbrook to save the day juking his way down the field. No longer. Now it is Portis a middle aged injury waiting to happen.

The Cowboys not only have three running backs that one could argue are all better then Portis, but they reload to add no.88 Dez Bryant to the mix. So when I look at these teams I see my Cowboys pitted against a Redskin team that is well struggling to keep up with the Jones's. I mean how on earth can the Redskins compete.

QB Cowboys

RB Cowboys

WR Cowboys

D Line Cowboys

Secondary Redskins and that is only because I still think the old guys can play.

O Line Push until Kosiar and Colombo are back full strength.

Now the only wildcard is Shanahan and Hasslets new 3-4 defense. But even that has some doubt about it, as Haynesworth may not even finish the game if he decides he doesn't like the scheme and quits or tries to stomp Gurode's head off again after getting mauled into the endzone again.

Bottom line is this. Redskins are going to get beat and it won't be gentle this time either. No 7-6 stuggle or 17-0 shutout. No No No....this time it's going to get ugly. I am talking in the neighborhood of 27 to 10. The last 7 coming in garbage time.

Mcnabb gets punished. Romo finds Bryant for a score and shows what we have been seeing in training camp. Jones and Barber pound the rock all day.

Finally, it's over and the skins will crawl back to their locker room, while Haynesworth barks "see I told you it wouldn't work, they hit me in my sides and hurt my hips, I sore all over and I didn't get any sacks". "I don't wanna play no more, I wanna go back to the 4-3" Meanwhile Snyder kicks his pet rat dog, and screams WHY can't I beat the Cowboys"

Yeah 27 - 10 Cowboys sounds about right. I guess Shanahan's new system is good for 10 points.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited but dont like the fact that Columbo and Kosier are looking shaky at best to be playing. I think it will be a typical hard fought NFC east battle.

I think the Boys can run on anyone ... this pre-season you did not see any Cowboy WR (starters) go in motion and I believe that the play calling you will see on Sunday will squash any broke=offense jibberish. Also, I would expect a big games from Witten and Barber, they out match the Redskin LB corp, who is having to learn a new scheme that Shannahan has the wrong personel involved in.

I was predicting a 27-20 Cowboys victory, but, after reading your post, along with Scooby's Hubby's confirmation, I'm now predicting a 72-3 Cowboys victory. I'm also now predicting that after Week 6, Cowboys opponents will begin forfeiting games. It won't be worth the pain and embarrassment that the Cowboys will surely inflict. This will include teams forfeiting their playoff games and the Super Bowl to the Cowboys. In the off-season, the Cowboys will only continue to get better, which will lead to the full demise of the NFL as we know it. Thanks a lot Cowboys !!!

I was predicting a 27-20 Cowboys victory, but, after reading your post, along with Scooby's Hubby's confirmation, I'm now predicting a 72-3 Cowboys victory. I'm also now predicting that after Week 6, Cowboys opponents will begin forfeiting games. It won't be worth the pain and embarrassment that the Cowboys will surely inflict. This will include teams forfeiting their playoff games and the Super Bowl to the Cowboys. In the off-season, the Cowboys will only continue to get better, which will lead to the full demise of the NFL as we know it. Thanks a lot Cowboys !!!

I like the way you think..... :wacko:

I am a Skins fans and what I find most sad about our rivalry with the Cowboys is that both franchises have been total failures over the past 14 years when looking at the teams in terms of what really matters to the people in each city. Both cities point to their glory periods, super bowl rings, and franchise hereos with great pride - but the fact remains that neither team has won the world championship since 1995 - that is a mightly long drought for both squads.

Call it what you want...sure the Skins have been the bigger terd over the last decade, but the Cowboys have just one playoff win since 1997 - there is no ribbon given out for sucking less. Both teams need to get their act together. The Skins are in the process - the Cowboys have had more talent for years (as they do this year) and have squandered it with mediocre coaching.

Here's hoping that one day both teams will matter again (championships) so that this rivarly will really matter again like it did in the "old days".

Edited by SpinalTapp

I am a Skins fans and what I find most sad about our rivalry with the Cowboys is that both franchises have been total failures over the past 14 years when looking at the teams in terms of what really matters to the people in each city. Both cities point to their glory periods, super bowl rings, and franchise hereos with great pride - but the fact remains that neither team has won the world championship since 1995 - that is a mightly long drought for both squads.

Call it what you want...sure the Skins have been the bigger terd over the last decade, but the Cowboys have just one playoff win since 1997 - there is no ribbon given out for sucking less. Both teams need to get their act together. The Skins are in the process - the Cowboys have had more talent for years (as they do this year) and have squandered it with mediocre coaching.

Here's hoping that one day both teams will matter again (championships) so that this rivarly will really matter again like it did in the "old days".

Sadly, I have to agree with you completely. My hope is that all changes this year.

someone needs to be bench pressed across the room.

I know, Claiz is nowhere to be found. Way out of line. It's Cowboys vs. Skins week, the first game of the season no less and he decides to take the week off. Bench pressing is a bit mild. :wacko:

I know, Claiz is nowhere to be found. Way out of line. It's Cowboys vs. Skins week, the first game of the season no less and he decides to take the week off. Bench pressing is a bit mild. :wacko:

He has been gone for a few months now.

:wacko:

Huh...Cowboys marching down field and then the strange play calling starts. I think Collinsworth was right. Cowboys using quick throws because they're worried about the O-line.

Yep. The back to back quick throws to Dez was a drive killer.