[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

weird musical pairings

Dr. Sacrebleu

The hard to beat standard bearer is of course David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Drummer Boy

here

top that....

(my runner up is Joey Ramone who produced an aged Ronnie Spector album called "She talks to rainbows" which is actually pretty darn decent. They sing the a duet together (not one of the stronger songs of the album) called bye bye baby)

wynton marsalis and willie nelson. someone got me that CD for christmas a couple years ago, and I just can't figure out what the hell either of them were thinking. it's not that either of them sound terrible with the other, I just totally fail to see the point of this endeavor.

KRS-1 and REM on "out of time". just plain stoopid.

john lydon (johnny rotten) and afrika bambaata on a bill laswell material album, song called "world destruction". that is actually weird-but-awesome, the only rap/rock collaboration thing I can recall actually liking. although now that I think of it, flava flav shows up on another material album and it friggin BURNS.

wynton marsalis and willie nelson. someone got me that CD for christmas a couple years ago, and I just can't figure out what the hell either of them were thinking. it's not that either of them sound terrible with the other, I just totally fail to see the point of this endeavor.

KRS-1 and REM on "out of time". just plain stoopid.

john lydon (johnny rotten) and afrika bambaata on a bill laswell material album, song called "world destruction". that is actually weird-but-awesome, the only rap/rock collaboration thing I can recall actually liking. although now that I think of it, flava flav shows up on another material album and it friggin BURNS.

Afrika bambaata is sheer genius.

Equaly weird pairing is Afrika Bambaataa and Gary Newman. Results just as awesome (probably a slightly better song)

The one that was scheduled but cancelled due to his death: Hendrix and Miles Davis. That would have shot be-bop/funk n roll ahead 20 years.

woulda been interesting for sure, but I don't know how seminally important it would have been. now if they worked together regularly for 5 years? that woulda been something. as it is, around that time miles was working with another incredibly gifted guitarist in john mclaughlin.

another one I was just thinking about....duke ellington (the swing era behemoth) in a piano trio with fierce beboppers max roach and charles mingus. the result (an album called "money jungle") is one of my absolute favorite jazz albums.

Not neccesarily wierd but i remember one time listening to the radio and I caught one of those archive deep tracks that stations ply once in a while and it was Hendrix and Stevie Wonder. I dont have audio on my work comp so i didnt listen to this but if that is what I heard that day it is friggin awesome

AXL and Elton John at the Concert For Life, right after AXL was in the news for bashing homosexuals.

Michael Jackson and Eddie Murphy was a bit odd.

Edited by Seahawks21

I swear I remember someone mentioning

For better or worse, I have unconditional love for Mike Patton. As far as I'm concerned, he craps gold. I once payed money to stand in the Knitting Factory and listen to him jiggle the wires on the back of an old faulty amplifier while John Zorn made screeching noises with his sax. True story.

Pick any of the "Pavarotti and Friends" pairings over the years.

Luciano Pavarotti + Queen

Luciano Pavarotti + Spice Girls

Luciano Pavarotti + Mariah Carey

Luciano Pavarotti + Bon Jovi

Luciano Pavarotti + Tracy Chapman

Luciano Pavarotti + Celine Dion

Luciano Pavarotti + Bryan Adams

Luciano Pavarotti + Bono

Luciano Pavarotti + Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, Laura Pausini, Zucchero, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey, Boyzone, etc - We Are the World

Luciano Pavarotti + Deep Pur­ple, Tom Jones, George Ben­son, Michael Dou­glas, Katheren Ze­ta Jones, etc - A Little Help from my Friends

Edited by Riffraff

Pick any of the "Pavarotti and Friends" pairings over the years.

Luciano Pavarotti + Queen

Luciano Pavarotti + Spice Girls

Luciano Pavarotti + Mariah Carey

Luciano Pavarotti + Bon Jovi

Luciano Pavarotti + Tracy Chapman

Luciano Pavarotti + Celine Dion

Luciano Pavarotti + Bryan Adams

Luciano Pavarotti + Bono

Luciano Pavarotti + Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, Laura Pausini, Zucchero, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey, Boyzone, etc - We Are the World

Luciano Pavarotti + Deep Pur­ple, Tom Jones, George Ben­son, Michael Dou­glas, Katheren Ze­ta Jones, etc - A Little Help from my Friends

Please tell me you're kidding. This did not happen. If true, the easy winner, despite a strong showing by the OP and the Sinatra sings w/everyone barfaramas.

Most of these are excellent candidates. And here I was thinking Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. Y'all dusted that candidate easily.

Please tell me you're kidding. This did not happen. If true, the easy winner, despite a strong showing by the OP and the Sinatra sings w/everyone barfaramas.

Most of these are excellent candidates. And here I was thinking Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. Y'all dusted that candidate easily.

Search Youtube for "Pavarotti and Friends."