[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUGE SCANDAL!

redrumjuice

I can't believe it, this will rock our nation to the core and we may never as a democratic republic recover from it. Hide your children, hide your wife, everybody fix'n to get raped!

Eric Holder, the attorney general of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has investigated, and dropped this bombshell, please sit down before reading, then turn off your computer and weep.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has elevated his national political profile as a conservative cost-cutter since taking the state's highest office, used taxpayer money to stay at luxury hotels while serving as a federal prosecutor, according to a new Justice Department report.

Christie exceeded the federal government's set lodging rates by as much as $242 per night on 15 occasions between 2007 and 2009, states the report by Justice's inspector general.

He spent $2,176 more than his budgeted rate over the course of 23 trips, of which only eight stays were booked in compliance with the federally allotted travel rates.

“There are only a few rooms at each hotel that are reserved for government rate,” Christie told the Asbury Park Press last year. “If you got them, you got them. If you didn’t, you didn’t. I wouldn’t have slept in the park.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44879.html

That is TWO THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS!!!! :wacko:

We need to skip impeachment, and put this corrupt REPUBLICAN in front of a firing squad NOW!

I can't believe it, this will rock our nation to the core and we may never as a democratic republic recover from it. Hide your children, hide your wife, everybody fix'n to get raped!

Eric Holder, the attorney general of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has investigated, and dropped this bombshell, please sit down before reading, then turn off your computer and weep.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44879.html

That is TWO THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS!!!! :wacko:

We need to skip impeachment, and put this corrupt REPUBLICAN in front of a firing squad NOW!

If he did it he is flat out wrong to do so. I don't care if it was $10 or $100,000. Seems like he broke the rules and should be held accountable. If it was that difficult to find rooms that were OK then there seems to be a flaw in the system and the rules should be changed.

Now with that said - whoever investigated this better be squeaky clean and I would hope other politicians would be held to the same standard as Christie.

Hmmmm :wacko:

I wonder how many tax dollars were spent by the Attorney General's office investigating this $2,000 + outrage!

I'm certainly not defending Christie for going over budget. He should be fined and pay back every cent of the moeny that he was not supposed to spend. But seriously, what in the hell are they doing wasting their time on this? Chicago politics at it's lamest.

I wonder how many tax dollars were spent by the Attorney General's office investigating this $2,000 + outrage!

I'm certainly not defending Christie for going over budget. He should be fined and pay back every cent of the moeny that he was not supposed to spend. But seriously, what in the hell are they doing wasting their time on this? Chicago politics at it's lamest.

That was my first thought as well, however looking at Christie's explanation it seems that what he says is plausible. If there were not rooms to be had, I don't know what we should expect him to do. If there were rooms to be had, then he should definitely be forced to repay the money with interest, and he is just another Washington hypocrite. I also agree with your assessment of the Obama DOJ.

one reason why people are so divided on politics: crying about money spent, but when its spent on your own side its okay.

I get it....there is a limit to which you can break the rules. If you only break them a little, thats OK, but if you break them a lot....

interesting that he was only staying at luxury hotels at exhorbitant rates...the same practice his party lampooned AIG for employing.

Who do you think you see arguing that it is ok?

A conservative Maryland physician elected to Congress on an anti-Obamacare platform surprised fellow freshmen at a Monday orientation session by demanding to know why his government-subsidized health care plan takes a month to kick in.

“Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap,” added the aide, who was struck by the similarity to Harris’s request and the public option he denounced as a gateway to socialized medicine.

Like most of the OUTRAGGGGGED posters here you have not taken the time to find out what actually happened, but fall hook line and sinker for the innuendo that Christie was singled out and prosecuted for his mismanagement.

A DOJ review of travel expenses for ALL US ATTORNEYS from 2009 had been ordered.

It was an attempt by the govt to keep expenses down.

DOJ report

You will see that no names are named in the report, although jourrnalists did easily find out who was who, and Christie was a consistent overcharger though obviously not the most egregious, perhaps he is the most famous though.

actual article with REAL facts

ETA: btw if this were all pure politics (and i am not naive, i do understand that sometimes a political damaging nugget that appears in a report can be highlighted or leaked to the press to hurt an opponent) wouldn't they have released this BEFORE the election? Once again the right wing victim machine seems to be in 5th gear....

Edited by Dr. Sacrebleu

wouldn't they have released this BEFORE the election?

They did bring it up, and no one cared cause it is so stupid. But now, now they are bringing it back up because of how popular and successful cristie is proving to be. So it is the essence of blatant partisanship.

So get enraged about a few bucks at 15 hotel stays, but don't care at all about private jets flying members of congress all over the world.

Do you have any idea what kind of budget members of congress are given? Do you have any clue how much waste those aholes dole out every day?

They did bring it up, and no one cared cause it is so stupid. But now, now they are bringing it back up because of how popular and successful cristie is proving to be. So it is the essence of blatant partisanship.

So get enraged about a few bucks at 15 hotel stays, but don't care at all about private jets flying members of congress all over the world.

Do you have any idea what kind of budget members of congress are given? Do you have any clue how much waste those aholes dole out every day?

So the leg you have decided to stand on is outrage at the overspending by members of government

while being outraged that a branch of the government is trying to root out and curtail overspending by it's members?

:wacko: