[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alternate Ice Scrapers

nuke'em ttg

sez the guy from San Diego . . . :wacko:

:tup:

I fire up the car and use the defrost for about 10 minutes . . . then wipers.

Well excuse me for living in a part of the country where we average 70 degrees year round :tup:

I did grow up in Oregon however and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

sez the guy from San Diego . . . :wacko:

:tup:

I fire up the car and use the defrost for about 10 minutes . . . then wipers.

Although I live in a warm climate, with the humidity our windows freeze almost every time it gets cold enough. A jewel case usually does the trick for me. :tup:

Funny story from last year or the year before. We don't get snow often here in New Orleans but it had been cold all night and sure enough we got like 2 inches of heavy stuff that coated all the windows on the cars we had outside. It was time to pull them into the shop and nobody wanted to mess with the snow removal. I thought for a second and started looking at the tags on the cars we had to see if we had a northern tag on one of em. Sure enough there it was... a Passat with a New York tag and behind the drivers seat on the floor was a big ass scraper slash brush.

I looked at everyone with a big smile and said I found it so now you guys get to learn how to use it!

Funny story from last year or the year before. We don't get snow often here in New Orleans but it had been cold all night and sure enough we got like 2 inches of heavy stuff that coated all the windows on the cars we had outside. It was time to pull them into the shop and nobody wanted to mess with the snow removal. I thought for a second and started looking at the tags on the cars we had to see if we had a northern tag on one of em. Sure enough there it was... a Passat with a New York tag and behind the drivers seat on the floor was a big ass scraper slash brush.

I looked at everyone with a big smile and said I found it so now you guys get to learn how to use it!

:wacko: As much as I hate working on cars it's 10 times worse when it's cold.

genius

According to CNBC, you won't need ice scrapers soon.

You’d think a company famous for its sleeping bags and down jackets would be worried about the effects of global warming on its bottom line. Not so, explained North Face president Steve Rendle on Thursday.

“I’m just wondering,” asked CNBC anchor Joe Kernen, “you know, if you’re going to be agile and adept enough you know, with global warming, to quickly shift to a completely different product line when New Jersey has a South Carolina climate, or maybe as the coast comes up into New Jersey. You got bathing suits? I mean, what are your plans five-years from now or so?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/16/north-fa.../#ixzz18Jv0o51I