[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bin Laden - Dead

The Irish Doggy

To those of you that doubt Bin Laden is dead, when do you think that we'll hear from him?

He's definitely dead, but there is also an audio tape he recorded some days before the raid that is making its way through Al-Qaeda propaganda channels and may come out in the next week or so. At least that's what our guys are saying.

Here's the question I have - if three people were killed and Bin Laden, how does this operation take 2 dozen ass-stomping SEALs close to 40 minutes? How many others did they mow down, or am I missing something here?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely dead, but there is also an audio tape he recorded some days before the raid that is making its way through Al-Qaeda propaganda channels and may come out in the next week or so. At least that's what our guys are saying.

Here's the question I have - if three people were killed and Bin Laden, how does this operation take 2 dozen ass-stomping SEALs close to 40 minutes? How many others did they mow down, or am I missing something here?

38 minutes end to end, including securing the LZ,fighting their way in, locating him, killing him, stripping the place of any possible information source and extracting c/w his body.

Seems pretty damn impressive to me.

38 minutes end to end, including securing the LZ,fighting their way in, locating him, killing him, stripping the place of any possible information source and extracting c/w his body.

you left out blowing up a helicoptor that had become inoperable so that it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands

Photos. Absolutely necessary when you dump the body in the ocean. Not unreasonable at all. Not one iota.

While my guess is the photos will eventually become public info, I'm sure there are other potential consequences presently being weighed that are more important than convincing the conspiracy truther crowd (who are likely going to believe in a conspiracy anyway).

And when the photos finally to become public info the hard line conspiracists will say they are doctored. So it doesn't really matter.

you left out blowing up a helicoptor that had become inoperable so that it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands

and the reports I've seen say 22 people were killed or captured. so it would seem they went out with a good number of prisoners as well.

How is someone going to beat Obama in the election after this?

Quite easily if ask me. As long as the GOP puts up a halfway respectable candidate, which admittedly, to date, it has not done.

Photos. Absolutely necessary when you dump the body in the ocean. Not unreasonable at all. Not one iota.

While my guess is the photos will eventually become public info, I'm sure there are other potential consequences presently being weighed that are more important than convincing the conspiracy truther crowd (who are likely going to believe in a conspiracy anyway).

I can see why they wouldn’t want to release the photos to the general public. However, what they should do is gather a small group of congressional leaders from both sides of the aisle and present the photos and DNA evidence to them and then they can make public statements. This won’t quite down everyone, but if you hear someone like Jim DeMint come out and say that he has seen the evidence and is satisfied with the proof that OBL is dead it would go a long way, IMO.

Quite easily if ask me. As long as the GOP puts up a halfway respectable candidate, which admittedly, to date, it has not done.

Someone like McCain? Who is going to look better than a war hero who has been in Congress forever?

Gas is 4.09 here. This will lose it's speed and the economy won't.

I agree. As big a story as the whole OBL thing is, the public has a short memory and Nov 2012 is a long ways away.

However, what the OBL thing does do is it strengthens Obama's national security credentials big time and makes him look more presidential than ever. The "community organizer" attack has really lost its juice now.

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

I agree. As big a story as the whole OBL thing is, the public has a short memory and Nov 2012 is a long ways away.

However, what the OBL thing does do is it strengthens Obama’s national security credentials big time and makes him look more presidential than ever. The “community organizer” attack has really lost its juice now.

This.

How is someone going to beat Obama in the election after this?

Obama watched it happen, he didn't gather the intel, plan the mission, or execute the mission. He did what any sitting president would have done with the opportunity to get Bin Laden. Now, having given his speech a re-listen, you might think he was responsible for all of it, which is exactly the desired perception. But lets get real. Bin Laden was just a figure head. Seems unlikely he had anything to do with day to day operations in the terror business. The world is only a tiny bit safer than it was Saturday. Our economy is in shambles. Oil is going up and it won't be coming down, and 3 years into his presidency we have no energy policy except sending all the off-shore drilling away.

But the answer is nobody will beat Obama in the election because as stated, the Reps have nobody. We will be stuck with Obama for 8 years and the America we remember will be unrecognizable if he has his way.

You’re right. This current batch of candidates is not very promising.

To use a baseball analogy I think the GOPs best prospects (Christie & Rubio) are still in the minors and won’t be ready to come up to the Bigs till 2016.

Obama watched it happen, he didn't gather the intel, plan the mission, or execute the mission. He did what any sitting president would have done with the opportunity to get Bin Laden.

This was not a slam dunk decision. It was based on good intelligence but much of it was cirumstantial evidence. If this operation would have failed would you also not blame him and write it off as any president would have failed in this sitution. Didn't think so.

This was not a slam dunk decision. It was based on good intelligence but much of it was cirumstantial evidence. If this operation would have failed would you also not blame him and write it off as any president would have failed in this sitution. Didn't think so.

jimmy jimmy and in walks the Duke :wacko: