[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4th of July weekend Plans

whomper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a one year old? Am I crazy or did I just assume you were older. :wacko: I mean, not ancient but I was sure you were a bit older.

I AM ancient, but my daughter's sister in law has the one year old. I'm going to the party to help barbecue the food.

Goin ta Tbones house, replacing his Captain with chicken broth and chew,sending the spiced rum ta Slaywhore....got alot of work with work, ribs on sunday, best plan is no plan, friggin busy and need a tune up, hang 10,that's what she said, :Tbone: i'm not folding it in half for anyone

:wacko:

I AM ancient, but my daughter's sister in law has the one year old. I'm going to the party to help barbecue the food.

:wacko: That's what I "kinda" thought, but I was trying to respect my elders. :tup:

Annual block party tomorrow. Actually hired a yo-yo guy to do a demonstration for the kids. Sno Cone machine as well. Bunch of food, drinks and music. Normally a good time that goes longer into the night than some neighbors appreciate.

That's a lot of churchin...for a non-religious holiday! :wacko:

The churches around here put on fabulous patriotic shows every Fourth of July.

My cuz is having a little BBQ. I didn't want to miss it but my 2 week long gout attack was making it a 50/50 prop. On some roids as I type and feeling much better.

Enjoy the holiday and yall be safe!

N God's country in the heart of Montana tonight......headed to Jackson Wyoming tomorrow and then up through the Tetons and Yellowstone through all of next week. First Clark Griswold type vaca for my where I'm playing Chevy.

I'm thinking really long and hard about moving to the middle of nowhere in Montana. As I do everytime I come out here.

the family is getting together for the first time since the "shut the Ginsu up" outburst on Mother's Day. The Uncle has asked me over beforehand I'm guessing to talk to my folks so things don't get so out of hand again.

Friday: Steaks, squash, shrimp on the grill with the wife and son. Then watched the Pirates on my brand new patio, which is the new love of my life. :tup:

Saturday: Swimming with wife & son, played outside for a few hours with son & neighborhood kids, dinner at a restaurant deck with wife and son. Home for Pirates game 2 on the deck.

Sunday: Played outside with my son for a couple of hours this morning. Getting ready to rest and watch the Pirates now. Pool with wife and son later (if weather works out). Dinner at another outdoor restaurant deck with wife and son. Beers on the patio, watching a movie with son/wife tonight.

Monday: Wife's family and my family are coming over for a BBQ. This will be kind of the christening of the new patio.

All in all, it has been a great 4th of July weekend thus far. I hope everyone is having a good time as well. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

This may sound boring, but I'm staying home for the 4th. I have 3 weeks of sobriety I don't wanna mess up. Curse you Sobriety...CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!

Get yourself a nice cheesy pizza and some root BEER and watch Independence Day real loud. As Nuke said, spank the monkey, take a nap, and smoke a few cigs and call it a night. Booya.

This may sound boring, but I'm staying home for the 4th. I have 3 weeks of sobriety I don't wanna mess up. Curse you Sobriety...CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!

Get yourself a nice cheesy pizza and some root BEER and watch Independence Day real loud. As Nuke said, spank the monkey, take a nap, and smoke a few cigs and call it a night. Booya.

That's a pretty good night no matter what.

Enjoy the night. It can be done.

I'm looking forward to a good report on Tuesday, Taz!

That, and we are having like 60-80 people out for a hugh show, etc. I'm the master of ceremonies! WOOT!

I just wish I knew whether or not Chief Dick, Mrs. Dickette and the three little Dicklets were coming out. :wacko:

OK.....went to my reunion tonight. I was a bit dubious about it.....I think I made our 5th year, but none since.

I had a blast!! :tup: Everyone looked great! Our organizers apparently thought name tags were a bad idea....that created a few awkward moments.....lol. 30 years people....hand out some damn name tags......LOL. We had a graduating class of 600.....come on.....lol.

Quite a few folks came in from both East and West coasts. That was surprising.

Hey RR....remember the story I told you last week? The Dallas/LA 'big shot' and our flat tire date back in HS? He flew out.....and I was totally, pleasantly wrong. :rofl: After a HUGH hug, he gave me crap for taking so long to accept his FB friend invite......lmao. :lol:

So.....guess I'll be going to the parade after all.....in......errr......3 hours. :wacko:

Bringing baby girl home in 2-3 hours and getting her settled in to her new home.

Also, some serious play time with the boy has to be made up for over these last couple days. Time to get his golf club out and teach him how to hook one into the swamp. :wacko:

Bringing baby girl home in 2-3 hours and getting her settled in to her new home.

Also, some serious play time with the boy has to be made up for over these last couple days. Time to get his golf club out and teach him how to hook one into the swamp. :tup:

:wacko: got a buddy that loves golf, has the worst hook in the world, we all crack up when he tees off at a totally different hole.

friday: date night with wife. dinner and a movie

sat: picnic at the beach with friends

sun: played some golf with my father yesterday, then family went swimming for about 5 hours

today: open. right now. grilling burgers tonight. likely will not fight crowds to watch fireworks.