[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kickoff

peepinmofo

So how anticipated for the kickoff are you? Me? Well, none. The start of the game, sure... Im pumped. But the opening kickoff usually is returned, and kind of gives you chills every year. This year, not so much. All the excitement will quickly fade as soon as the ball sails out of the endzone for a touchback.

This rule sucks, and has really diminished the opening kickoff for not only games, but the season opener tonight.

Pick your poison - a touchback on every kickoff, or an 'illegal block in the back' penalty on almost every kickoff ... seems like sort of a jump ball, although I guess I'd rather at least have the chance to see the occasional KO return.

The Packers Dat. :wacko:

Me & a coworker took the Lambeau tour last Friday. When the guide brought us down on the field they asked us to yell Go Pack, go to get an idea of how loud it will be in the stadium. I just looked at him, laughed & said "not gonna happen."

Not a big fan of the Thursday game to be honest. Kids stuff to do, homework, trying to get ready for the next day, so never have time to actually sit down to watch the game.

Much prefer the Sunday openers, where the day feels like an EVENT, because you know there's football all day, and you go in the yard and throw the ball around at halftime, and you have the smoker going.

Thursday game....meh.

Not a big fan of the Thursday game to be honest. Kids stuff to do, homework, trying to get ready for the next day, so never have time to actually sit down to watch the game.

Much prefer the Sunday openers, where the day feels like an EVENT, because you know there's football all day, and you go in the yard and throw the ball around at halftime, and you have the smoker going.

Thursday game....meh.

You shouldn't have been honest. Maybe your husband will watch the game, Sally. :wacko:

So how anticipated for the kickoff are you? Me? Well, none. The start of the game, sure... Im pumped. But the opening kickoff usually is returned, and kind of gives you chills every year. This year, not so much. All the excitement will quickly fade as soon as the ball sails out of the endzone for a touchback.

This rule sucks, and has really diminished the opening kickoff for not only games, but the season opener tonight.

Clearly you havent watched Crosby this pre-season. For someone who has a powerful leg, he's struggling to get it to the endzone.

I'm pretty excited. I think this won't be the last time they play each other this season. I made a promise to myself last year that if the Packers won XLV I'd relax and actually enjoy the games more. So far I'm not anxious about the game but ready to sit back and watch.

I think Rodgers picks up where he left off last year and continues to build his legacy.

I also see Mark Ingram introducing himself to the masses that don't watch college football or follow the pre-season. His impact will be felt this week. And teams that looked at him, but passed over him will regret it. I think that starts tonight.

May the better team win, and hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Clearly you havent watched Crosby this pre-season. For someone who has a powerful leg, he's struggling to get it to the endzone.

I'm pretty excited. I think this won't be the last time they play each other this season. I made a promise to myself last year that if the Packers won XLV I'd relax and actually enjoy the games more. So far I'm not anxious about the game but ready to sit back and watch.

I think Rodgers picks up where he left off last year and continues to build his legacy.

I also see Mark Ingram introducing himself to the masses that don't watch college football or follow the pre-season. His impact will be felt this week. And teams that looked at him, but passed over him will regret it. I think that starts tonight.

May the better team win, and hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

But what if the Saints kickoff? :wacko:

:wacko: