[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dunta Robinson

Shorttynaz

Tried to deliver a knock-out blow to Maclin's chin with his helmet. Maclin shrugged it off and continued to play but did later drop the 4th down pass right in his hands that would have given the Eagles a 1st down on the 15 or so with a minute remaining. Did the hit play a factor in him missing the catch? I mean it was going across the middle of the field and all....

If the NFL wants to crackdown on this stuff (like it or not) they need to suspend this guy. No question about it. The dude even said after the game he doesn't think he will get fined or anything will happen. :wacko:

Yep, they risk making a joke out of themselves if they don't.

This guy wasn't even trying to make a tackle or dislodge the ball. He hit Maclin in the jaw with his helmet while both his hands were by his side.

Protecting the QB is a joke too. That Atlanta defender clearly saw Vick throw the ball.

If NFL teams were really hurting for money, they would press the NFL for bigger penalties for these hits so their investments are safe.

Edited by WaterMan

This guy wasn't even trying to make a tackle or dislodge the ball. He hit Maclin in the jaw with his helmet while both his hands were by his side.

Protecting the QB is a joke too. That Atlanta defender clearly saw Vick throw the ball.

If NFL teams were really hurting for money, they would press the NFL for bigger penalties for these hits so their investments are safe.

C'mon, man! The Vick hit was totally legit. He hit his own blocker and the ball was barely out at that point. You can't be serious with this weak junk.

The Robinson hit was bush league, but nowhere near to the level of the DeSean Jackson hit last year. I am not saying Robinson didn't intend it to be just as bad. Maclin just got lucky to get hit towards the facemask so it was more of a twist than a snap like DeSean's.

C'mon, man! The Vick hit was totally legit. He hit his own blocker and the ball was barely out at that point. You can't be serious with this weak junk.

The Robinson hit was bush league, but nowhere near to the level of the DeSean Jackson hit last year. I am not saying Robinson didn't intend it to be just as bad. Maclin just got lucky to get hit towards the facemask so it was more of a twist than a snap like DeSean's.

It gets called all the time. There was a second between Vick throwing and the defender wrapping him up and slinging him into the lineman. The reason that wasn't called was the defender couldn't slow down after the ball was thrown.

Edited by WaterMan

I didn't see the hit until Monday night's halftime show, and I was pretty stunned. A lot of these things are just incidental, but that was a clear headshot if I've ever seen one. 40k is a joke to an NFL starter. If I'm the commish, I'm fining a guy like this 25% of his yearly salary, which for a guy making 5.5 million like Robinson would be 1.38 million. That or a significant suspension would fix the problem overnight.

Edited by cbs0121

These BS fines are cute and all, until someone is paralyzed or killed by one of these hits. They'll then set the fines at a half million, which is frankly where they should be now. This is a tragedy waiting to happen. And DR is scum of scum for doing this again after 'apologizing.'

Plus, it's not even the same as the hit that knocked out VIck which was 100% legit.

Fines won't fix this. You can't fine a guy $500k if he's making $300k, and 40k doesn't mean squat to millionaires. Suspend them. Make it a coach's problem to solve. If this guy is out the next three games you can bet your ass they will be walking around practices paying attention to how to avoid it. Dungy and Harrison said it in plain english last year many times on their Sunday Night show. Harrison used to work with his financial planner to set up how to fund for fines!

Oh, and a suspension hits the wallet even harder. Now that guy making $8 million a year loses $500k PER GAME he's out - that's gonna sting.