[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last movie you saw

BeeR

Went & saw "We Bought a Zoo" with the family. Pretty good family movie, good story, but there were some parts that I think they could have done without for the type of movie that it was. The son draws some pretty disturbing pics and there's quite a bit of cursing including the "7yo" in one instance. Still, it had Matt Damon for the wives & Scarlett Johansen for the guys. :wacko:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not read the books and admittedly mysteries are not my cup of tea anyway. There were several things I could not understand in the movie that I assume was better fleshed out in the book. Sitting there with my in-laws and wife and son was a little uncomfortable during the rape scene.

Yea, I heard that was pretty graphic. Not really sure if I'll get around to seeing the Dragon movie. :wacko:

We watched "Howl's Moving Castle" directed by Hayao Miyazaki on Netflix last night. The kids and I enjoyed it, my wife thought it was lame. Pretty typical story about a curse, but with some interesting twists. If you liked Ponyo or Spirited Away, you will like it.

I was kinda meh on War Horse. To be fair I didn't like it for what it was not, a good WW1 film. That was only the setting but what there was sure was sanitized.

Saw MI4 last night and thought it was a great ride, and I'll give it the Ultimate Compliment: at 2 hours 15 minutes it felt like 90. IMAX is the way to go, 3D has nothing on that format.

I just watched Cedar Rapids with the wife last night. :tup: She picked it, by the way. Good for some laughs here and there and Anne Heche is definitely hawt. Especially since she bangs dudes now, it is more believable. :wacko:

Saw "Big" for the first time in a long time a little while back. Apparently it's trendy to hate Tom Hanks but IMO it's a great flick and he's perfect for it. In fact the whole cast is great IMO. Elizabeth Perkins at her hottest by far. :wacko:

Saw "Big" for the first time in a long time a little while back. Apparently it's trendy to hate Tom Hanks but IMO it's a great flick and he's perfect for it. In fact the whole cast is great IMO. Elizabeth Perkins at her hottest by far. :wacko:

Just watched this a few weeks ago so my wife could see it for her first time. Always loved the film growing up, still has appeal. The piano scene is still one of the more memorable scenes from any comedy.

Wow I can't believe any woman hasn't seen this one. :wacko: Yep that's a classic scene. I like the one where he cashes his first paycheck. Forgot Mercedes Ruhl (sp) was in it.

Yeah, I had completely forgotten about Jon Lovitz as well. My wife wasn't born here, we're still learnin' her.

Saw Horrible Bosses. Good flick. I thought it was pretty funny. It's not overly long, it's not trying to be a Hangover type blockbuster or anything but it's a solid rated R comedy IMO.

We watched this last night - I laughed my ass off quite a bit. Very entertaining flick.

The bride Netflixed "Marshall" the other nite because "it was a football movie". Might have been the worst acting job of a coach I have ever seen. McConaughy was God awful. I told her next time pick a movie she wants to see, not something she thinks I want to see.

We watched this last night - I laughed my ass off quite a bit. Very entertaining flick.

Yea, I definitely think it's worth seeing. Is it just me, or is Jennifer Aniston actually a little hotter (I was kind of luke warm on her) now that I've seen her talk dirty through the majority of that movie. :wacko:

Yea, I definitely think it's worth seeing. Is it just me, or is Jennifer Aniston actually a little hotter (I was kind of luke warm on her) now that I've seen her talk dirty through the majority of that movie. :wacko:

Totally, that dirty side works well for her.

Watched "Sucker Punch" on Saturday. I realized it is based on a graphic noval but it was a little weird. Fantasy scenes were pretty cool, sort of Captian Amercia meets Lord of the Rings meets I Robot. Hot chicks with machine guns/swords killing lot of bad guys always works. :wacko: Still feel like I missed a few parts though....

Wife and tween daughters watched Twighlight 2 and 3... I had to leave after 5 minutes of that snooze fest!! TEAM NAP for me!!

The brunette look does it as well as opposed to her regular look I think.

She was awesome in that movie. Loved her line about fingering herself, I just about fell off the couch.

Elizabeth - Was in the mood for a historical flick. A well done movie IMO. Was a sequel made (hopefully w/same people)? When it ended I went.....waaaaaait, that's it? :wacko:

Yep. It's called "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"

England goes to war with Spain and takes on the mighty Spanish Armada.

It's not bad if you're in the mood for that kind of a movie.