[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Years celebrations

millerx

What do you do to celebrate the new year?

Back in my younger days it was all about the mega parties and going to where the action was... whether it was hitting the bar scene or going downtown to watch the ball drop, it was a reason to party. Having gotten older and now with kids, it's been about sitting on the couch watching chitty TV programs and dozing off before midnight.

So what are your plans for this year? Do you still celebrate the new year or is it just another day to you? Share your thoughts about the holiday.

My friends typically avoid me while drunk because I cuss in front of their children...

So, I usually sit at home and fall asleep on the couch, my hands clutched around a cheap bottle of Malt Liquor, wine, or vodka in a brown paper bag and remember the good 'ol days when I was actually an amusing and integral part in the revelry rather than some obnoxious drunk who is to be relegated to the waste bin of solitude and loneliness...

Back in my younger days it was all about the mega parties and going to where the action was... whether it was hitting the bar scene or going downtown to watch the ball drop, it was a reason to party. Having gotten older and now with kids, it's been about sitting on the couch watching chitty TV programs and dozing off before midnight.

Well, with the 2 small kids we've had plenty of calm nights at home for NYE so this time we are actually going to one of the bigger parties. Surprisingly it was the wife's idea this time. We'll see how it goes. I have a feeling this is what it might be like.

My friend has a great new years party every year. It is parents and kids and he does it up right. I really want to go but my wife is on the fence. If we dont do that we will probably stay home and maybe have a small crew here

+1 but I can stay up until the ball drops. I have two sky lanterns left over from the 4th :wacko:

For years I always had to work NYE....inevitable in the Food and Bar business. But I had a standing party that would request me every year and it just got bigger and bigger.....lol. The last year we were open, there were 15 couples. So it was a quick $300 with a couple tables sprinkled in before that party came in at 9pm. Then on to the bar as the second bartender until 12:30am. Then a couple hours cleanup. Some celebrating with coworkers, and by 3am we'd be heading off to the closest person's home for a cutthroat game of Trivial Pursuit, more champagne and a big breakfast.

By the time I was out of that business and actually had New Year's Eve off.....I was in my 30's and didn't feel like being out on 'amateur night' with a bunch of drunks.....lol. So I've never really done a NYE in the normal sense. :wacko: Nowadays MrBunz has to go in to work before midnight, I watch the ball drop and fall asleep.....lol. Once every 4 or 5 years, it'll fall on a night he doesn't have to work and we'll sit around getting silly drunk on a couple bottles of champagne, make plans for a vacation we never take, laugh until tears roll down our faces and gear up for a day of bowl games on New Year's Day. :tup:

One year I was in NYC with some friends and got so completely annihilated that we got separated, I remember holding a hand over one eye so I could read the train schedule at Grand Central, eventually found the right track, threw up on the train, got in a cab and was still too drunk to actually verbalize where I lived..."okayokayokayokay, hersh what we're gonna do, see that light, go left...oh crap where are we?"...eventually got home and paid the driver $40 for driving all over town.

This year the wife and I got a hotel room for two nights and we had big plans to go out for a nice dinner, get our drink on and possibly watch the peach drop, but we're both really sick and running fevers, coughing like crazy. Not looking good. :wacko:

Gotten to be friends with my Emergency room Dr. go watch them drink wine, talk about vacations, mostly just wait for bev shots, i'll be home by 10:00 fallasleep watchin football. New Years was only fun when my Dad would step out on the front porch and shoot his shotgun, that was cool :wacko:

My friends typically avoid me while drunk because I cuss in front of their children...

So, I usually sit at home and fall asleep on the couch, my hands clutched around a cheap bottle of Malt Liquor, wine, or vodka in a brown paper bag and remember the good 'ol days when I was actually an amusing and integral part in the revelry rather than some obnoxious drunk who is to be relegated to the waste bin of solitude and loneliness...

:tup:

:wacko:

I typically do nothing on New Year's Eve. I don't go out because I believe that there is a higher than typical number of drunk drivers on the road. Additionally, I don't see New Year's Day as a big deal.

Same. Too old for that stuff and esp for bars etc. I'm lucky if I stay up to midnight.

Booked a table for a nice restaurant but have to wait until 9:00, so will be ravenous by then. After that, it's back home and a bottle of champagne.

Used to go and get royally chitfaced when I was single but really don't want to do that any more. One year I tried to steal a bulldozer to drive home in. Fortunately I couldn't get it started.

I can get drunk in comfort at home. :wacko:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Booked a table for a nice restaurant but have to wait until 9:00, so will be ravenous by then. After that, it's back home and a bottle of champagne.

Used to go and get royally chitfaced when I was single but really don't want to do that any more. One year I tried to steal a bulldozer to drive home in. Fortunately I couldn't get it started.

I can get drunk in comfort at home. :wacko:

Solid vehicle choice for those slippery winter roads.

Yearly party at a friend's house about a mile away from home. Eating and drinking ourselves silly, but we'll be home by 12:30 or 1. Kids invited but otherwise occupied.

For those with young ones, it does get easier. For a while, we did a New Years around the world thing to amuse the kiddoes. let them blow up some poppers every hour on the hour. I think we had balloons with lots of cities on them too that they got to pop. Lots of yelling and running around in the yard in the dark. Good times. :wacko:

We get to a party once every five years, but most of the time it's boring like tonight. Will play Wii with the family, eating like crazy...not even sure if I'll get around to my shrimp linguini or not...I'm more interested in waking up the next day not feeling like total dog crap.