[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sold the house!

TimC

We ended up knocking $2,500 off the asking price. No more hour drives to the new job! Can't wait. It's been a loooong 5 months trying to sell it. Wooohooooooo!

Goodbye old house

Right now, here are our top 3 choices...all within 10 minutes of work.

House #1

House #2

House #3

All have their pros and cons. We close March 30th. :wacko:

I think 5 months is pretty much the average time it takes ... personally, I have a 2 story house and will try not to buy another one again. Too loud, not enough privacy and they are harder to cool and heat. I also prefer a big driveway and a big backyard for the kids. Neighbors and school district weigh alot in my decision, for resale reasons. I heard that a good time to check out houses is when it is raining. That way you can really see if there are any issues concerning drainage, etc. Oh, and I recommend checking to see if the peatrap (kitchen) is in the slab (problem, harder to unclog). It is easier to clog your kitchen drain if it is. I know you are probably aware of those type of things, just something I ran into on my last house.

It is fun to shop for houses, so take your time and have fun. Good luck.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Congratz!

And being the board architect- I say stay away from house #3.

House #1 is quainter and sits on a bigger lot, but it is smaller than #2.

If size doesnt matter, go with #1

(cant wait for the reply on this one)

• 2 weeks later...

What a week. We bid low on the foreclosure one and, after pretty much sitting around for a year plus with no activity, another bid came in that beat ours. So we decided to go to the other 2 choices (one had been on the market over 2 years) and they both went under contract this week before we could write up a contract. There is almost nothing out there right now. Unreal.

I don't want to rent until the market builds back up during the spring because moving twice isn't appealing at all. Now we're down to these two choices. We offered $20k under on the first one because it is still stuck in 1992 but is in good shape otherwise. It's only been on the market two weeks so they may not be that desparate yet. If that doesn't work, we're going for the second one and try at $10k under. It's been out there for months and months. Both neighborhoods are equally good and just a few blocks apart. Sigh.

Both of these are owner owned...so no more dealing with the bank.

House 1

House 2

What a week. We bid low on the foreclosure one and, after pretty much sitting around for a year plus with no activity, another bid came in that beat ours. So we decided to go to the other 2 choices (one had been on the market over 2 years) and they both went under contract this week before we could write up a contract. There is almost nothing out there right now. Unreal.

I don't want to rent until the market builds back up during the spring because moving twice isn't appealing at all. Now we're down to these two choices. We offered $20k under on the first one because it is still stuck in 1992 but is in good shape otherwise. It's only been on the market two weeks so they may not be that desparate yet. If that doesn't work, we're going for the second one and try at $10k under. It's been out there for months and months. Both neighborhoods are equally good and just a few blocks apart. Sigh.

Both of these are owner owned...so no more dealing with the bank.

House 1

House 2

both houses are nice. I like house 2 (for what it's worth). The front yard is nice and the back yard is even nicer ( I really like #2's backyard and the gazebo, etc). The grounds just seem prettier, more roomy and I like the exterior colors more. It also appears to have been well maintained by the previous owners. Scooby always says that a well manicured yard = a better maintained and cleaner house inside.

Good luck in your journey of finding your new residence. :wacko: