[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some food for thought

Infinity

Since football season is over...Let's talk about totally hypothetical scenarios because lord knows we aren't watching basketball.

If you could replace one player on your team, anyone QB, S, CB, WR, RB, etc with an Elite player at that position. Do you think your team makes it to the playoffs/superbowl.

I'll start with my Jets, obviously Sanchez is the piece needing the most replacing(he's definitely not all). However, if you give us an Elite QB. I bet you everyone has their frowns turned upside down and Holmes and Burress have much better seasons. The whole team improves, we probably make the playoffs and i Don't think we make the superbowl, but we may come close.

How about your teams?

I'll take a LB for the Chargers and they are in desperate need of an OLB to take pressure off the secondary. DeMarcus Ware all day long. Then everything else falls into place.

BTW: If AJ Smith does not select an OLB in the 1st, Whitney Mercilus **cough cough**, I'm gonna slit my wrists. And no, that is not on the poll.

If you could replace one player on your team, anyone QB, S, CB, WR, RB, etc with an Elite player at that position. Do you think your team makes it to the playoffs/superbowl.

JPP on the Saints D line? Absolutely, without an inkling of a doubt. :wacko:

Seahawks with a better QB than T.Jackson (or Hasselbeck) would have been extremely interesting. 5 games with an opportunity to comeback in the last part of the 4th quarter. 0 wins.

This is what I was saying last night. Lynch is finally playing very well. You have Rice and Baldwin i like your chances for a playoff run with a solid QB

Haloti Ngata to the Packers. Game over for everybody else.

Eh, I'm don't think upgrading Raji/Pickett was necessary - getting a bookend to CMIII or an actual replacement for Cullen Jenkins at DE would have helped IMMENSELY.

Or never mind GETTING an elite player - how about just not losing Nick Collins?

Nwe England really needs to improve their pass-rush so I will go with Albert Haynesworth to New Engl.........Hey wait a minute!

Edited by Papajohn

Eh, I'm don't think upgrading Raji/Pickett was necessary - getting a bookend to CMIII or an actual replacement for Cullen Jenkins at DE would have helped IMMENSELY.

Or never mind GETTING an elite player - how about just not losing Nick Collins?

I'm not suggesting replacing one of Raji or Picket, I am suggesting replacing Wynn or Wilson. With Ngata inside Raji and Picket would go back out to the ends were they have been very effective. This not only replaces Cullen Jenkins, it massively upgrades the position from when he was there. This would make the Packers as stout against the run as any team. On passing plays those three behemoths would be effective against any four blockers. They would free Matthews from the constant double teams. I dare say no Q.B. would ever be able to step up in the pocket against those three. I think this would reduce the average time a Q.B. has by more than one tenth of a second, which is an eternity. Our D.B.'s would look great again, or at least better. Our sack total would go up. Situational football would favor the packers as the improved run defense would have offenses of schedule. I would love it.

I do agree that the return of Nick Collins would be huge.

Another thought that intrigues me is a healthy Mario Williams. mario coming from the opposite side of Matthews would give Offeensive coordiantors pause.

Another thought that intrigues me is a healthy Mario Williams. mario coming from the opposite side of Matthews would give Offeensive coordiantors pause.

Yeah, that would be very nice. But I'm guessing he'll get priced out of GB's price range (at least what TT is willing to pay) probably immediately.