[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am white trash, according to a guy with a dot on his head.

Rovers

gotta agree with the others who have said that you did a whole lot more to instigate this than the other guy, even only hearing your side of what went down.

but I guess my main objection is that if you want any sympathy when you play the "victim of racism" card, you probably ought to give the "dothead" chit a rest.

Meh, his numbers matched, his interpretation of those numbers changed. That's typical Tailgate to me.

Depends on how you read between the lines.

Here's what I see:

"I had 4 drinks at lunch and was borderline but, IMO, absolutely safe to drive, so sure, a little buzzed but not drunk enough to start a fight"

Then, once that becomes a bit questioned, the 2 hours, and corresponding dilution of BAC comes up. Now, let's look at the data. 1) Dude was 1/2 mile from home and it sounds like he just ran out to get some dog food and grabbed a 4-beer lunch along the way. I sell lunch for a living, and a 2-hour lunch is significantly longer than, what even people who settle in and enjoy themselves, take for lunch. So, I sort of doubt the time frame.

What else makes me doubt it? Is that he apparently wasn't impaired and yet got out of his car and shoved a dude for flipping him off and calling him names. Like I said before, I would actually hope that he was drunk, because that would be about the only reasonable excuse.

Let us also take note of the fact that Rovers made a point of saying that he gave all the details. So, if this was one of those "last straw" sort of situations where each and everything that could go wrong that day did so and this poor a-hole was just the wrong dude at the wrong time, I'm guessing we would have found that out by now. If not in the first "can you believe what some dot head called me?" rant, but at least in the defensive follow-ups that ensued.

So, and this is according to his own account, dude ran to the store for some dog food and whatnot. Grabbed lunch and had 4 beers, drove home when he was probably OK but maybe "borderline", had some dude piss him off and turned into a complete and total d-bag.

Now, if the 4 beers and driving home bit doesn't eliminate most of us, the getting out of your car and shoving some dude for calling you names would. OK, so maybe you're still on-board. I would like to think that, once you got home you'd stop and think about what an a-hole you just were. No? OK, so now you're part of a tiny sliver of society that thinks it's cool to slam four beers at lunch, essentially assault a dude for calling you names, and somehow still thinks he's been so wronged that you have to come here and rant.

But wait, there's more. After your ill-advised slamming of 4 beers at lunch, followed by borderline assault of a dude with an infant in his car for allegedly saying something mean to you, and your subsequent "can you believe the nerve of some people" rant, amazingly, most people of a subset of football fans (which I'm guessing is likely more receptive than if you, say posted this ACLU message board) aren't exactly down with your stance. After that. After you've already excluded probably 99.999999% of society in terms of things you'd even dream of doing, you come back for more? You start insulting people for "needlessly fixating on the 4 beers at lunch" bit. Reminding us that, the only reason why you even bothered to mention the four beers was that you're "honest to a fault".

Just sayin'

Yeah, see I'm not doing that. In both posts he says he's 175 lbs and had 4 beers in 2 hours. Everyone is free to draw whatever conclusions they wish from that information but he was consistent. He was inconsistent in his interpretation of what those numbers meant. He was almost legally drunk, then not even close to legally drunk. The fact that his interpretation of those numbers can change so drastically can justifiably lead one to question the veracity of those numbers but his numbers were consisitent nevertheless.

That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, see I'm not doing that. In both posts he says he's 175 lbs and had 4 beers in 2 hours. Everyone is free to draw whatever conclusions they wish from that information but he was consistent. He was inconsistent in his interpretation of what those numbers meant. He was almost legally drunk, then not even close to legally drunk. The fact that his interpretation of those numbers can change so drastically can justifiably lead one to question the veracity of those numbers but his numbers were consisitent nevertheless.

That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough, but what about this. When you drink, do you feel it at all? If you ever admit, "Hey, I might have been borderline but I was still certainly fine", aren't you at least buzzed enough to contemplate the situation? I know this much, I know when I am 100%, absolutely fine and when, "I'm cool", and it's not the same thing. 100% absolutely fine means that I had so little to drink in a long enough period of time that it is completely not an issue, no question. I may as well have been pounding nothing but spring water for the last few hours so far as anyone is concerned. "I'm cool" means, by every estimation I'm legal but let's fool ourselves, I've had a few drinks, but I'm a big boy and would be surprised if I blew a .08. Anyone who drinks knows the difference and I would never initially sort-of regret, but later have to defend driving when I am absolutely 100% fine.

Sounds to me like he was "cool" at first and then, all of a sudden, so freaking sober that anyone who questions his judgment in driving can go cuff themselves, once the story started to evolve. Oh, and in both cases he doesn't mention 2 hours. He mentions 2 hours when pressed.

Sorry ETA: It is also fair to mention that he made a point of talking about how close he was to home. If you're truly cold sober, what difference does that make. 1/2 mile, 10 miles, 30 miles, you're totally sober, so why bother bringing it up?

Edited by detlef
  • Like 1

Here's what I see:

"I had 4 drinks at lunch and was borderline but, IMO, absolutely safe to drive, so sure, a little buzzed but not drunk enough to start a fight"

Then, once that becomes a bit questioned, the 2 hours, and corresponding dilution of BAC comes up. Now, let's look at the data. 1) Dude was 1/2 mile from home and it sounds like he just ran out to get some dog food and grabbed a 4-beer lunch along the way. I sell lunch for a living, and a 2-hour lunch is significantly longer than, what even people who settle in and enjoy themselves, take for lunch. So, I sort of doubt the time frame.

What else makes me doubt it? Is that he apparently wasn't impaired and yet got out of his car and shoved a dude for flipping him off and calling him names. Like I said before, I would actually hope that he was drunk, because that would be about the only reasonable excuse.

Let us also take note of the fact that Rovers made a point of saying that he gave all the details. So, if this was one of those "last straw" sort of situations where each and everything that could go wrong that day did so and this poor a-hole was just the wrong dude at the wrong time, I'm guessing we would have found that out by now. If not in the first "can you believe what some dot head called me?" rant, but at least in the defensive follow-ups that ensued.

So, and this is according to his own account, dude ran to the store for some dog food and whatnot. Grabbed lunch and had 4 beers, drove home when he was probably OK but maybe "borderline", had some dude piss him off and turned into a complete and total d-bag.

Now, if the 4 beers and driving home bit doesn't eliminate most of us, the getting out of your car and shoving some dude for calling you names would. OK, so maybe you're still on-board. I would like to think that, once you got home you'd stop and think about what an a-hole you just were. No? OK, so now you're part of a tiny sliver of society that thinks it's cool to slam four beers at lunch, essentially assault a dude for calling you names, and somehow still thinks he's been so wronged that you have to come here and rant.

But wait, there's more. After your ill-advised slamming of 4 beers at lunch, followed by borderline assault of a dude with an infant in his car for allegedly saying something mean to you, and your subsequent "can you believe the nerve of some people" rant, amazingly, most people of a subset of football fans (which I'm guessing is likely more receptive than if you, say posted this ACLU message board) aren't exactly down with your stance. After that. After you've already excluded probably 99.999999% of society in terms of things you'd even dream of doing, you come back for more? You start insulting people for "needlessly fixating on the 4 beers at lunch" bit. Reminding us that, the only reason why you even bothered to mention the four beers was that you're "honest to a fault".

Just sayin'

Just sayin.. a whole lot of B-S detlef.

OK... it was my day off. I worked in the yard all morning, fired up the grill for a burger, finished the first beer in maybe 20 minutes. Burger ready, I eat and have another Coors light with the meal. Two beers, about 45 minutes. I return to working in the yard with a brew. I drink two more in the next 1 hour and 15 minutes. I wasn't sure how "legal" that might be. I thought it might be a bit close, I certainly did not feel drunk by any stretch. Any buzz I might have felt (and I don't recall feeling any buzz at all) was long gone as soon as I ate. But legal... I wasn't sure.

You good folks have chosen to question the facts as I outlined them... LMAO at some other accusations as well. Did I say his kid was one? He was in the front passenger seat. He had to be at least 5, more likely 7 or older, but NOT in a car seat.

I changed my story? No, but some of you did. After some accused me of DWI, I then went to a BAC calculator on line and discovered it said my BAC was approx 0.031, far, far below the legal limit. I never changed my story. I was concerned, as I generally won't drive at all after a few brews, that I was well within legal limits.

Now... I do admit how I reacted was a mistake. I should have blown it off. Recently, I have had a rash of people cursing me out, and never for good reason. Someone has been letting thier dog crap without picking it up in the neighborhood. I ALWAYS pick up after my dog. I let her into the yard for 20 minutes before we go for a walk hoping she takes a crap there. I don't like picking up dog chit if I can do it in my yard with a shovel vs. handling the stuff. Then, I carry TWO plastic bags AND some paper towels (in case of a loose stool) so my dog NEVER leaves a mess. Now... this other person who does not scoop the poop has also left piles in front of MY house.

However, I have been cursed out by no less than 3 homeowners around here when I walk my dog. I've just had enough of being cursed out for no reason whatsoever. They see me walking the dog, assume I'm the culprit, and start cursing me out, even using the F word. I've had enough of being cursed out by morans, and I snapped. This guy... was the straw that broke my camel's back. I was mad as hell and wasn't going to take it anymore. 'Network' reference.

Keg.... you of all people would question me? Really dude? The guy had a red dot on his head. Why even question that? He called me white trash. That just set me off. I am generally VERY slow to anger, but this guy lit my fuse.

Man... you folks sure are willing, even anxiuos to make accusations and wrong assumptions here. I was just venting. I sure wasn't looking for validation or anyone telling me what I did was right. I was venting. I hardly expected this sort of attack. I did NOTHING to instigate this guy. NOTHING. Yet, some are sooo sure it was all on me? All MY fault? In football, I believe it is still called piling on. Happy now? Gang mentality or what?

Glad some of you had so much fun with it, basically telling me I'm a liar, slanted the story, lied about how many beers I might have had... nice. Glad I could entertain. detlef... I have lost respect for you dude. I hardly did anything so terrible as to deserve the personal attack you just leveled. Wait... next thing you are going to say is to make some sort of comparison to Hitler, right?

I thought I had some friends here. Wrong.Well, maybe a couple, but the list just got shortened by about 80%. Very disapponted in some people I thought were pretty cool, up until now. I wans't asking anyone to tell me what I did was right, or even justified. But that is another ASSumption that people jumped to a conclusion on.

Very disappointed in the Huddle right now. It isn't the site it used to be. Too bad.

LOL, from the Tom Brady nut hugger / Jets fan hater. Who takes a 2 hour lunch? Someone who works a chit retail job and had the day off. Us white trash work weekends. Feel superior now? You have a real job, me, I'm white trash. That'll make you sleep well tonight. That after all, IS the penchant of Pats fans. Kick em when they;re down, kick em all around. So revel baby, revel. I was up at 6, and working spring cleanup on the property from about 6:45. By noon, I was hungry and thirsty. I had a few brews.

A red dot on yer forehead is sorta hard to ignore. Unless I got that wrong. Especially when the mouth under the red dot makes racist comments and curses you out for no good reason at all, but hey, I may not be open minded enough about this stuff as you MASS libs. I mean when someone who is from another country makes a derogatory skin based comment, it was very low of me to respond in kind. I should have bowed and thanked him. Groveled a bit perhaps. I suppose you would have just smiled.

I still wish I had kicked his az.... and now, I might add a couple of others to the list! :brow:

Dude, you need a hobby or something. Seriously.

... LMAO at some other accusations as well. Did I say his kid was one? He was in the front passenger seat. He had to be at least 5, more likely 7 or older, but NOT in a car seat.

uh

I asked if he just called me white trash. He went into some story about how he was talking to his son, all of a year old in a child seat.

exactly how much have you had to drink today?

Fair enough, but what about this. When you drink, do you feel it at all? If you ever admit, "Hey, I might have been borderline but I was still certainly fine", aren't you at least buzzed enough to contemplate the situation? I know this much, I know when I am 100%, absolutely fine and when, "I'm cool", and it's not the same thing. 100% absolutely fine means that I had so little to drink in a long enough period of time that it is completely not an issue, no question. I may as well have been pounding nothing but spring water for the last few hours so far as anyone is concerned. "I'm cool" means, by every estimation I'm legal but let's fool ourselves, I've had a few drinks, but I'm a big boy and would be surprised if I blew a .08. Anyone who drinks knows the difference and I would never initially sort-of regret, but later have to defend driving when I am absolutely 100% fine.

Sounds to me like he was "cool" at first and then, all of a sudden, so freaking sober that anyone who questions his judgment in driving can go cuff themselves, once the story started to evolve. Oh, and in both cases he doesn't mention 2 hours. He mentions 2 hours when pressed.

Sorry ETA: It is also fair to mention that he made a point of talking about how close he was to home. If you're truly cold sober, what difference does that make. 1/2 mile, 10 miles, 30 miles, you're totally sober, so why bother bringing it up?

Like you say, people know the difference between "fine", "cool" and "too much." So when he is consistent with the numbers, why would I doubt him? That isn't absolving him from what I consider to be very poor behavior on his part. I just happen to take him for his word when he says he wasn't all f*cked up and driving.

Let's give Rovers a break and a hug. He obviously had a rough day and came to the tailgate to vent. Let's not beat a dead horse or make it any worse for him. I think enough has been said. Time to laugh this off, please.

Oh pshaw. This was a 'look at me thread' gone horribly wrong. It couldn't possibly last more than another page.

In disney movies and what a lot of drunk guys tell themselves but not in reality. Besides, you going to be able to judge the other person's twitch muscle capabilities along with tenacity and / or fighting background while driving your car? Size is a good indicator of how much damage someone "could" do. If you aren't more than average size it's better to grow some patience than to think about rocky movies.

this I can agree with but your first post made it a bit cut and dry..

I guess (maybe just around here) I don't feel that 'white trash' is a racial slur at all. I would compare it more to somebody calling me an a$$hole.

I don't believe there is a way to offend a white person racially...

if someone makes a racial slur at me...I just laugh because racial insults are funny anyways....

like earlier today I went to the dutch market for lunch for some chicken and the black woman in front of me asked for half of one chicken in particular......so when it was my turn, I said "I want the other half of what she picked out"......when in doubt, always go with the expert :shrug: