[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Payton suspended for a year

BillyBalata

It's one thing if the Saints got busted on their own, but Shockey turned them in because he's a bitter b***h. I'd like to see him play again just so I could see him get blown up on the field again by a defensive player from any team.

Is Warren Sapp the only source for this? If Sapp is wrong, then it's mighty irresponsible of him to say something like that. Shockey has denied it and said he would take a lie detector test.

I wonder if the punishment might have been harsher still if the results of their bounties had been worse. What if the had disabled Rodgers for the season last year, or hadcrippled Favre. What if they had paralyzed Warner who was Tim Tebow before Tim Tebow was.

Was the punishment tailored to the crime, the outcomes, or a compromise considering both? Just how does Goodell think? Was this so future litigation directed that the first considerations do not even matter?

If you were a Q.B. who played the Saints during the last few years and didn't have a bounty are you insulted? Does this mean you are not elite?

I haven't really been able to make up my mind on how I feel about all of this. I think it is harsh but that is what it needed to be.

I will say this... I have a feeling that God ell is not losing any sleep about bringing the hammer down on Payton. God ell has been and still is IMNSHO a cocky, arrogant, CHEETO. With that being the case he was up against someone in Payton who can match that personality in spades. Problem for Payton is that God ell is the man with all the power.

This will be tough on the Saints but to say it takes them out of playoff contention is ridiculous. This was a not just a good offensive team last year but a record breaking offensive team. The Saints sucked on the defensive side of the ball. That is the side that is going to get hammered next. The Saints outlook for this coming season will have a lot more to do with how that is addressed than the loss of the draft picks and the management suspensions.

Losing Payton from the play calling standpoint late in games will be noticed but anyone who thinks the scripted plays aren't going to be running through him before they get to the field is kidding themselves.

I think that the Saints making the Super Bowl this coming season and winning it would be the ultimate FU to God ell. I also think he may want a little extra security around him while visiting our fair city next feb. I doubt he will be seeing much of our southern hospitality.

As far as Shockey goes? Who cares? He talks a lot and it wouldn't surprise me much if he dropped a dime on his old team. Doesn't matter as I believe the damage was already done with out him. He would be out 6 games after a pillow fight so i'm pretty sure the Saints didn't target his fragile ass.

I haven't really been able to make up my mind on how I feel about all of this. I think it is harsh but that is what it needed to be.

I will say this... I have a feeling that God ell is not losing any sleep about bringing the hammer down on Payton. God ell has been and still is IMNSHO a cocky, arrogant, CHEETO. With that being the case he was up against someone in Payton who can match that personality in spades. Problem for Payton is that God ell is the man with all the power.

This will be tough on the Saints but to say it takes them out of playoff contention is ridiculous. This was a not just a good offensive team last year but a record breaking offensive team. The Saints sucked on the defensive side of the ball. That is the side that is going to get hammered next. The Saints outlook for this coming season will have a lot more to do with how that is addressed than the loss of the draft picks and the management suspensions.

Losing Payton from the play calling standpoint late in games will be noticed but anyone who thinks the scripted plays aren't going to be running through him before they get to the field is kidding themselves.

I think that the Saints making the Super Bowl this coming season and winning it would be the ultimate FU to God ell. I also think he may want a little extra security around him while visiting our fair city next feb. I doubt he will be seeing much of our southern hospitality.

As far as Shockey goes? Who cares? He talks a lot and it wouldn't surprise me much if he dropped a dime on his old team. Doesn't matter as I believe the damage was already done with out him. He would be out 6 games after a pillow fight so i'm pretty sure the Saints didn't target his fragile ass.

I too believe Payton is likely to cheat on his suspension. That will lead to his lifetime ban and much more severe sanctons to the Saints if that story breaks. He better get much more sophisticated at covering his defiance, or he, and the Saints, are toast. Of course he could take the honorable road and obey the letter and spirit of the edict.

I too believe Payton is likely to cheat on his suspension. That will lead to his lifetime ban and much more severe sanctons to the Saints if that story breaks. He better get much more sophisticated at covering his defiance, or he, and the Saints, are toast. Of course he could take the honorable road and obey the letter and spirit of the edict.

:okay:

If you think a small percentage of teams are doing it, then you'd be wrong. I hear Alfred Williams on the other day and he was explaining how the payouts were like peanuts. Players would volunteer at times just to get the big hit. Have you ever listened to Lyle Alzado's interviews. He was blatant about it. Heck, the raiders would advertise it dang near.

This is a league wide issue and damaging a single team so severely is outlandish. I mean it really puts a hurt to that franchise. And remember, these were the NFL darlings just 2 years ago!

you do realize he played 40 yrs ago? like when black people could not vote? so we should be ok wit it cause it happened all the time? are you really that dense? its called progress, get on the train or get off the tracks!

Is Warren Sapp the only source for this? If Sapp is wrong, then it's mighty irresponsible of him to say something like that. Shockey has denied it and said he would take a lie detector test.

Yeah, I should know better than to believe a guy like Sapp. Honestly I hope we never find out who it is if it's a player.

Lessons learned:

1. Be accountable

2. Don't intentionally hurt players

3. Don't sanction #2

4. Don't lie to the Commish's face when he investigates

5. The first rule of Bounty Club is you do not talk about Bounty Club.

Feaux the Saints and the apologists. Chris Kluwe said it best in his twitter rants on the topic:

about 11 hours ago in reply to PaulCharchian

ChrisWarcraft Now I'm going to go listen to Aenema by Tool and run off some excess energy. #effallyouguntotinghipgangstawannabees

about 11 hours ago

ChrisWarcraft Try doing the right thing for once and standing up for what's important in life - the proper treatment of your fellow man. #SNICKERSingCHEETOs

about 12 hours ago

ChrisWarcraft SNICKERS you and your degradation of ethics and morality. SNICKERS you and your short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrisy. SNICKERS you and your idiocy.

about 12 hours ago

ChrisWarcraft To everyone who thinks the source was a "snitch" and a bad person - SNICKERS you. SNICKERS you and your glorification of criminality.

about 12 hours ago

ChrisWarcraft It's rant time! Hold on tight boys and girls, it's about to get dangerous in here.

about 12 hours ago

ChrisWarcraft Commish sent the right message. It's one thing to break the rules. It's a completely different one to consistently lie about it for 3 years.

about 12 hours ago

If you were a Q.B. who played the Saints during the last few years and didn't have a bounty are you insulted? Does this mean you are not elite?

:rofl:

you do realize he played 40 yrs ago? like when black people could not vote? so we should be ok wit it cause it happened all the time? are you really that dense? its called progress, get on the train or get off the tracks!

/face palm

Wow..... Um, the 15th amendment of the constitution granted African Americans the right to vote in 1870..... Granted, their liberties were still thwarted until the civil rights movement in the early 60's but this is WAY off topic.

And Alzado retired in 1985... /double face palm

Point being, this has been part of the game, and will continue, until they initiate the flag football rule. Even in their contracts they have bonuses on performance. Hitting players hard earn them raises all the time and you KNOW they play to hurt other players. That's their crank...