[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clint Eastwood is 82

chester

MSNBC has a poll entitled "vote for his best film" on their website and then the poll is "what is your favorite CE movie" Sounds like 2 different polls to me.

If somebody feels like making a poll, go ahead and delete this one, but I want to know:

What is his best film?

What is your favorite film?

Best: Gran Torino

Favorite: Josey Wales

Unforgiven could take over either of those categories for me with a tiny bit of argument.

I pretty much ditto on all of this but another fave of mine would be "Paint Your Wagon" :D

I pretty much ditto on all of this but another fave of mine would be "Paint Your Wagon" :D

I had to look that one up. Is it as bad as it appears?

My dad had the soundtrack to that movie (I've seen that movie maybe 142 times) and we would listen to it on long trips... repeatedly. You ever been in a car on the way from GA to MI listening to that album? Somewhere south of Louisville you feel like throwing yourself out the car. It's even worse if you start listening to it around Indianapolis. That stretch between Kokomo and Southbend is enough to make you wanna kill yerself even if you aren't listening to "Hand me down that can of beans" for the 17th time...

BTW.... Lee Marvin was excellent in that flick.

My dad had the soundtrack to that movie (I've seen that movie maybe 142 times) and we would listen to it on long trips... repeatedly. You ever been in a car on the way from GA to MI listening to that album? Somewhere south of Louisville you feel like throwing yourself out the car. It's even worse if you start listening to it around Indianapolis. That stretch between Kokomo and Southbend is enough to make you wanna kill yerself even if you aren't listening to "Hand me down that can of beans" for the 17th time...

BTW.... Lee Marvin was excellent in that flick.

that's all i rember bout it :coffee:

That they didn't include one of the Sergio Leone "Man with No Name" Trilogy is incredibly disappointing.

Best: Gran Torino and Josey Wales are his best performances IMO.

Favorite: Fistful of Dollars --> " You see the mule he just doesn't get it. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you all apologize like I know you're going to... I don't think it's nice you laughin'. " Perhaps my favorite scene in any western.

Paint Your Wagon is actually OK just because it's Clint and Lee Marvin. They seem to be having a great time, and it's a musical! Funny stuff.

Where Eagles Dare is also a really damn good flick.

My favorite of his spaghetti westerns is High Plains Drifter, seen it about 10 times.

A movie that gets overlooked is Pale Rider, another I've seen a bunch. Definitely steals the mysterious stranger element, but it's damn entertaining.

Another good one not mentioned: Hang 'em High.

I could watch 5 or 6 of his old westerns on a good hungover Sunday.

Wow, very limited selection of options. Only one of the spaghetti westerns? Heartbreak Ridge was good, but not in the class of some of the others. (Have to admit I haven't seen some of the newer onces, Grand Torino was great but could have had a better title like "Angry White Guy".)

No mention of 2 Mules For Sister Sarah? That's another good one, really enjoy all those movies and watch them frequently.

I think I'd have to go with Josey Wales for my favorite, not sure about his best, probably one I haven't seen.

Gran Torino? Really? Good movie? Sure. But the acting was absolutely horrible. The spanbish kid was bad, Eastwood wasnt great, and just about everyone in it acted terrible. Eastwoods voice was Cristian Bale-ish from Batman...

You're smoking crack.

Best: TGTB&TU, but not all for Clint, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef were just as memorable. One of the great motion picture achievements.

Favorite: TBTB&TU, but I'll actually go with Dirty Harry. Very immensely entertaining.