[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TB Coach calls 2 Timeouts to pound victory formation

Cowboyz1

You know, I was all for playing 60 minutes but this is crap. Calling 2 timeouts to pound Victory formation. This isn't college footbal pal. These guys are playing for a living and you had the whole game to win this one and I mean the Whole game. To pull that chicken $hit stuff with seconds to play is stupid. Your embarassing yourelf and your players with that college football crap. These are pro's that know how to take a snap under pressure. Go back to college with that Offense and that last second BS.

Wait til one of your players snaps a knee or ankle with that crap. Worse you do that to another teams linemen. You obviously not ready for this league yet.

Edited by DMD
  • Like 1

Can't wait for the first team that decides to say screw victory formation, goes two minute offense and ram another TD down Schiano's gullet. If I were an opposing coach, that's exactly what I would do... since he's not stopping until the final whistle, neither am I. Gonna run that score up on the Bucs and not feel one ounce of bad about it.

• Like 3

Can't wait for the first team that decides to say screw victory formation, goes two minute offense and ram another TD down Schiano's gullet. If I were an opposing coach, that's exactly what I would do... since he's not stopping until the final whistle, neither am I. Gonna run that score up on the Bucs and not feel one ounce of bad about it.

This is exactly what Schiano wants probably -- for a team to use emotion instead of logic when the game is virtually over. The second they do that is the second they open the door of opportunity for the Bucs.

• Like 1

You know, I was all for playing 60 minutes but this is crap. Calling 2 timeouts to pound Victory formation. This isn't college footbal pal. These guys are playing for a living and you had the whole game to win this one and I mean the Whole game. To pull that chicken $hit stuff with seconds to play is stupid. Your embarassing yourelf and your players with that college football crap. These are pro's that know how to take a snap under pressure. Go back to college with that Offense and that last second BS.

Wait til one of your players snaps a knee or ankle with that crap. Worse you do that to another teams linemen. You obviously not ready for this league yet.

It is definitely BS. I don't think they allow that in college. Would be BS there as well.

I would throw a quick slant to Dez, watch him score and flip the whole Tampa Bay team off if I was Jason Garrett.

On the second one I was thinking the same thing. Sneak someone out on a slant and waltz in the end zone. But I agree with above, that is exactly what the Bucs want is to emotionally try to get back.

Wait. DAL eked out a W at home against one of the weakest teams in the NFL, and you're :crybaby: about completely nonconsequential plays in it? And we've got another thread going about a ref dropping his hat where a DAL player stepped on it during a play. Really? I mean, REALLY?

I think after seeing DAL the past couple of weeks that this will end up being way down the priority order on your whining list by the end of the season.

Edited by Bronco Billy

They were one score away from a tie. It wasn't a blowout and the game wasn't in hand until the very end. Schiano wants his team to play hard the full 60. You guys are wrong. Go watch lingerie league if you want teams to give up before the game is over.

Bush league fans is more like it.

They were one score away from a tie. It wasn't a blowout and the game wasn't in hand until the very end. Schiano wants his team to play hard the full 60. You guys are wrong. Go watch lingerie league if you want teams to give up before the game is over.

I agree but I also want to watch the lingerie league...I'm confused

In the 40+ years that I've been watching football, never seen a team do this when a team takes the "victory formation". But that's cool. Teams now know what to expect from this coach and hopefully will adjust accordingly. I say you are wrong, but I still will watch lingerie football if I want.

I have a difficult time watching fans of a team whose QB is notorious not showing up for even 45 minutes on any given week, bitch about a team playing a full 60, when the game is one more RomoBumble away from a tie and subsequent kick for a win.

Especially when they'll be the first to whine about the team not being a man's sport anymore. :rolleyes:

So your saying it's a smart play and a sign of toughness to line up when a team is planning on kneeling on the ball and plow into them hoping for a fumble. Now in all my years of watching NFL football not once have I seen a fumble out of victory formation. Not Once. And to think it could happen when the other team knows your going to bull rush is pretty stupid to me.

Now when one of his Multi-Million dollar linemen gets his leg snapped or his knee bent in half under the pile on that play, I suppose you will say that was good money spent to show the team how to play to 60. Well to each his own but to risk one of your players on a play like that, is a waste of time and a damn waste of money. I would rather those guys play the other 59 minutes harder so you don't get to that position.

But hell what do I know. I may just go out and pan my whole back yard for gold, hell nobody's done that either. I may get lucky.

So your saying it's a smart play and a sign of toughness to line up when a team is planning on kneeling on the ball and plow into them hoping for a fumble. Now in all my years of watching NFL football not once have I seen a fumble out of victory formation. Not Once. And to think it could happen when the other team knows your going to bull rush is pretty stupid to me.

Now when one of his Multi-Million dollar linemen gets his leg snapped or his knee bent in half under the pile on that play, I suppose you will say that was good money spent to show the team how to play to 60. Well to each his own but to risk one of your players on a play like that, is a waste of time and a damn waste of money. I would rather those guys play the other 59 minutes harder so you don't get to that position.

But hell what do I know. I may just go out and pan my whole back yard for gold, hell nobody's done that either. I may get lucky.

You may

He has made it clear that as long as the game is within reach they will "pound the victory formation". :shrug: so be it.

He is also asking every team in the league to keep their foot on the gas when the victory is in hand. Eventually they will run into the team that would normally take a knee to end the game when they have a 3 score lead but choose to run a play to the EZ ... and I can't wait.

we'll see if your opinion stays the same if one of the Bears get a knee snapped in this situation..

I have a difficult time watching fans of a team whose QB is notorious not showing up for even 45 minutes on any given week, bitch about a team playing a full 60, when the game is one more RomoBumble away from a tie and subsequent kick for a win.

Especially when they'll be the first to whine about the team not being a man's sport anymore. :rolleyes:

Then take the play out. The reason the play is there is so teams can save their bodies for the few extra meaningless seconds. I mean if they want to beat their fool heads into a wall praying for a miracle so be it. But I tell you what I would do. I would send my back up linemen in there and go knee hunting if they want to play that way. Hell it's easy to pin a guys leg and have a guy fall hard on it making it go the other way.