[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TB Coach calls 2 Timeouts to pound victory formation

Cowboyz1

I checked out their bona fides and it gave me a bona. Definately a lot of brazilians on those chicks. It was like the DNC, no bushes allowed.

They were one score away from a tie. It wasn't a blowout and the game wasn't in hand until the very end. Schiano wants his team to play hard the full 60. You guys are wrong. Go watch lingerie league if you want teams to give up before the game is over.

Bush league fans is more like it.

The go-to play for those defending the undefendable is to question the manhood of those that disagree. There's nothing tough or hard-nosed about calling a timeout so you can take another shot at the other guys. You wanna impress someone with how "tough" you are, dominate the other 59:45 so that you're not defending the Victory formation two weeks in a row. Bush League.

This is exactly what Schiano wants probably -- for a team to use emotion instead of logic when the game is virtually over. The second they do that is the second they open the door of opportunity for the Bucs.

Ding Ding Ding....winner, winner, winner!!!!

At least they are not getting blown out (like last year) and playing a physical brand of football. We could debate this all night but honestly, who cares. He said they were going to do it so don't act surprised (or cry to your mother) when it happens.

If I was that desperate to win, I'd do the same damn thing. Teams fumble snaps in the NFL once in a while. I would bet this happens a lot more than you think. It isn't about taking cheap shots on the QB, it is about desperately trying to win a game, even if the chances are less than .1%. Whine whine whine.

I'm just pissed because with all the injuries piling up in an already all out violent game and the limited game day rosters, it's just a play begging for someone get a season or career ending injury when they had all game to pound their chest but he decides to go all out with 15 seconds to play. It is especially weak when your challenging the most basic play with PRO players. Now in college maybe, High School kids maybe but you praying a Pro QB and a Pro center not get the snap off in Victory formation knowing your going to be stupid.

Sorry, it just embarrasses your team, yourself and the game of Professional Football IMO. Moreover, how to explain to the guys family you ended the career of your player on a stupid play like that. Come on man, that's just stupid, I mean really stupid.

It reminds me of the girl who caught a cab in the marathon then got out and sprinted the last 1/2 mile to the finish. Or Mike Tyson biting the Holyfields ear because he was getting his arse kicked. He put himself and his team in that league...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

Meh, the game is 60 minutes long. Would you rather they just stand there and not try? Or should the NFL just declare the game over when a team can't stop the clock before the game would end within the first three downs?

I have no problem with a coach encouraging maximum effort from his players through the last seconds. How is this any different than the "running up the score" complaints people made about the Pats in 2007? Maximum effort for 60 minutes.

Motivation by humiliation.......Yeah the Military uses that pretty well.

How about just enjoy the undeserved win, cuz your schtick is quickly going from mildly humorous to just embarassing.

I just really can't understand getting butthurt about a coach asking his players to fight to the last snap (especially given that he took over a team that had completely given up)

You know, I was all for playing 60 minutes but this is crap. Calling 2 timeouts to pound Victory formation. This isn't college footbal pal. These guys are playing for a living and you had the whole game to win this one and I mean the Whole game. To pull that chicken $hit stuff with seconds to play is stupid. Your embarassing yourelf and your players with that college football crap. These are pro's that know how to take a snap under pressure. Go back to college with that Offense and that last second BS.

Wait til one of your players snaps a knee or ankle with that crap. Worse you do that to another teams linemen. You obviously not ready for this league yet.

Didn't Jerry say that he wanted the celebration formation banned?

I don't see a problem with it. You play until the final whistle blows. If you think about it, kneeling the ball at the end of the game is like a fighter tapping out because they're ahead on all of the judges cards. Run the score up on them if you're upset about.

How about just enjoy the undeserved win, cuz your schtick is quickly going from mildly humorous to just embarassing.

I just really can't understand getting butthurt about a coach asking his players to fight to the last snap (especially given that he took over a team that had completely given up)

Then why bother reading or posting for that matter. And as I said before, I feel worse about today's win then I do about last weeks loss and this BS at the end of the game just chapped my arse further.