[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TB Coach calls 2 Timeouts to pound victory formation

Cowboyz1

I, for one, am more appalled by Tampa's play-calling. Um, if you're down by two scores you might want to pass it a few times before there's 2 minutes to go in the game.

Nonetheless, I'm not aghast by his end of game tactics, but do think it's rather bush and reeks of poor sportsmanship.

I, for one, am more appalled by Tampa's play-calling. Um, if you're down by two scores you might want to pass it a few times before there's 2 minutes to go in the game.

Nonetheless, I'm not aghast by his end of game tactics, but do think it's rather bush and reeks of poor sportsmanship.

Was thinking the same thing when they handed off to Martin on 1st and 3rd down closing in on the 2 minute warning. That just doesn't compute, and it made me think TB had already conceded the game.

+1,000,000 and thank you. Everyone's getting fired up about crashing a victory formation when the real story was that TB made NO ACTUAL EFFORT TO TRY AND WIN THE GAME IN THE 4TH QUARTER. :furious:

Does Schiano think you get points for effort? Honestly, it was worse than Dungy at his absolute most conservative - even Aikman picked up on it.

So two weeks in a row the guy has shown he is a douchebag. Ok I guess everybody knows what to expect now and can take action appropriately.

Against the rules, of course not. Legitimate play, questionable. Poor sportsmanship and bush league play, absolutely. Like many here I've been watching football for a long time, and this is the first time I've seen somebody going hard like that while the other team is trying to take a knee. And all those backing him or justifying it with the "play a full 60 minutes" BS are being silly. This isn't playing hard it is acting like a dick.

I agree with some of the other posts, I hope teams start doing stuff to embarrass the hell out of this coach. I didn't hear any remarks from him after this week, but after the Giants game in week 2 he sounded like an CHEETO.

There's nothing illegal about what he's doing, so I could really care less. It was actually the most interesting 60 seconds of a very boring game.

I just can't wait until some team runs up the scoreboard bigtime on the Bucs because it will cause even more discussion about unwritten rules that clowns like Joe Buck can talk aimlessly about for hours on end with no opinion, point, or conclusion.

Edited by faceplant

Was thinking the same thing when they handed off to Martin on 1st and 3rd down closing in on the 2 minute warning. That just doesn't compute, and it made me think TB had already conceded the game.

You're obviously not paying attention then, because at Rutgers, we play to the final snap! But, apparently doing so means you need to conserve your energy by mailing in most of the 4th quarter.
  • Like 1

I guess when people play this guy the line needs to know that they have to fire off the ball to close out the game :shrug: You can still take a knee but your O line needs to treat it like a real play. In the case of Dallas , they will probably false start just at the thought of running a play at game speed

Meh. He is a new coach trying to turn around a crap team. If stuff like this helps, good for him.

They're 1 and 2, with that win being an ugly win against a team whose only win is against a winless team who has given 3, 1-2 teams their only win.

Harbaugh ruffled a few feathers with his approach last year, but they were winning. So that's when you say, "What the hell, it's working."

They're 1 and 2, with that win being an ugly win against a team whose only win is against a winless team who has given 3, 1-2 teams their only win.

Harbaugh ruffled a few feathers with his approach last year, but they were winning. So that's when you say, "What the hell, it's working."

If it helps him win over his locker room and improve a terrible team by building unity then I can say "what the hell it is working" when improvement is shown

I don't know how many Tampa Bay games you saw last year, but they have definitely improved, especially in defense The wins will come soon enough, IMO.

I guess when people play this guy the line needs to know that they have to fire off the ball to close out the game :shrug: You can still take a knee but your O line needs to treat it like a real play. In the case of Dallas , they will probably false start just at the thought of running a play at game speed

Bingo. People acting here like they're lining up to blow up a victory formation with brass knuckles hidden in their pads. It's a snap like every other snap in the game. And you've got a bumbling fumbling QB back there and are down by 6. Oh no, they played 60 minutes. Horrors!!

Can't wait for the first team that decides to say screw victory formation, goes two minute offense and ram another TD down Schiano's gullet. If I were an opposing coach, that's exactly what I would do... since he's not stopping until the final whistle, neither am I. Gonna run that score up on the Bucs and not feel one ounce of bad about it.

Better yet...go into V formation and then pop a long one over their heads.

See how that plays.

And apologies if this has been suggested....didn't read all 3 pages og repsonses yet.

Its a offensive play in a professional football game.

I don't see why the play selection of the team on offense should dictate the amount of effort that the defenders put into the play. :shrug:

If the offensive team is overly concerned about injuries or whatever, they can run a real football play.

No matter what you do, in that situation, Unless you spread them out and fake your going to run a play, the center is going to get shot out of a cannon backwards. 900 pounds of stupidity against 300. Hard to snap and really get off the ball with a wedge formation in front of you. Cook just got plowed. Luckly his legs were free to go with him.

Something tells me your gonna see something really funny next time this happens. I can see last minute the team goes to spread formation and watch the TB Bucs scramble and get all excited they may have a play to defend, then snap and take a knee. Then the O laugh their arse off.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I have a difficult time watching fans of a team whose QB is notorious not showing up for even 45 minutes on any given week, bitch about a team playing a full 60, when the game is one more RomoBumble away from a tie and subsequent kick for a win.

Especially when they'll be the first to whine about the team not being a man's sport anymore. :rolleyes:

exactly. we're talking about tony romo here, his odds of fumbling, bumbling, or somehow f*cking up in the last minute of the game change the equation dramatically.

He is also asking every team in the league to keep their foot on the gas when the victory is in hand. Eventually they will run into the team that would normally take a knee to end the game when they have a 3 score lead but choose to run a play to the EZ ... and I can't wait.

obviously he's inviting that, but it is too his advantage. running an actual play is a lot more likely to be disrupted to TB's favor than a victory kneeldown. that increases his odds of pulling something crazy off. the downside is, what, losing by 10 instead of 3?

I don't mind him playing out the game...it's a bit d-baggy, but I certainly understand his perspective.

but I was thinking, this bruhaha has got so suck for schiano on some level. nothing says "Loser" like being the coach who is far and away best known for how he defends the "victory" kneeldown.

That's for sure. :rofl:

obviously he's inviting that, but it is too his advantage. running an actual play is a lot more likely to be disrupted to TB's favor than a victory kneeldown. that increases his odds of pulling something crazy off. the downside is, what, losing by 10 instead of 3?

And, yes. To those saying "that will show him!", that's just plain dumb. You'd be much better off just having your offense congratulate their D on yet another well-executed defense of the victory snap.

I don't mind him playing out the game...it's a bit d-baggy, but I certainly understand his perspective.

but I was thinking, this bruhaha has got so suck for schiano on some level. nothing says "Loser" like being the coach who is far and away best known for how he defends the "victory" kneeldown.

What exactly is his perspective? That somehow blasting the OL is going to cause a fumble?

As I said before, never have I seen another couch do this. The guy isn't some kind of revolutionary coach with a genuis plan on how to defend the kneel down.

What exactly is his perspective? That somehow blasting the OL is going to cause a fumble?

As I said before, never have I seen another couch do this. The guy isn't some kind of revolutionary coach with a genuis plan on how to defend the kneel down.

Yes. It is to cause a fumble

I have also never seen a couch do this. They tend to be quite sedentary.

The point of who is at QB when this is being put in to play takes some of the starch and credibility from your argument . You either play to the bell or you dont. Saying they are doing this because it was Romo is pretty weak sauce. They did it to Eli last week and it seems they would do this to anyone back there