[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else doing something different next Sunday?

Bronco Billy

It doesn't really matter if we watch or don't watch. The NFL has already been paid for the TV contract, and the sponsors won't bail out. It's too good of a deal. A slight dip in the ratings won't mean anything to those fat cats.

I would like to see the PLAYERS strike, and tell the NFL that they won't play until they settle the thing with the refs.

Then there really wouldn't be any football to watch.

It doesn't really matter if we watch or don't watch. The NFL has already been paid for the TV contract, and the sponsors won't bail out. It's too good of a deal. A slight dip in the ratings won't mean anything to those fat cats.

I would like to see the PLAYERS strike, and tell the NFL that they won't play until they settle the thing with the refs.

Then there really wouldn't be any football to watch.

I think many of us would like to see the players, coaches, or owners take some action to resolve this. But since we are not them, the best we can do is stop watching. Sure nobody will really notice, but even a small dip in ratings could provide a spark. If nothing else we'll enjoy our days doing something else we like, and not be frustrated by the inferior officiating that is ruining the games.

Wow. Pretty bleak Sunday without football. I think I will try it out by skipping Thursday night first. Then not watching any pregame at all. I do not think I can manage to not watch the Packers though. I just don't think I can give that up. But I think I will skip Thursday, and Sunday pregame, and the early games. Tune into GB-NO, and then skip the late game, and MNF, too. Bleak. But it's time. The NFL gave up on me, a fan, who apparently is also expendable. So I am done with the NFL. But not my team, I can't do it.

I am steadily breaking the all-day-Sunday habit because the weather is so nice deep into October. I'm also sick of commercials and, despite the NFL's blathering about reducing the length of games, they are actually getting longer and longer and longer. The product is now so distended that it's easy to lose interest and wander off elsewhere.

See, this is why DVR is football's best friend. I still get out and enjoy the day with my kids and then I can hunker down and watch 4 games from about 3PM onwards. I'm on comcast right now, which doesn't have the most awesome DirecTV jump ahead 30 seconds. With that DirecTV function, the second they go to commercial, hit the button 4 times and you're past the commercials and back at the next snap.

And there is really no chance I can give up football Sunday, despite the horror show.

And I am a big EPL fan.

Would you be boycotting Thursday's game if it were a non-laughable matchup? Half the fans who would normally watch a competitive game will likely not give a crap anyway unless they have a Raven or Richardson on their fantasy team.

I won't be boycotting any NFL games. Yes, they are tedious to watch because of all the extra(and egregious) penalty calls but I'd still rather watch the games than not. This is not the first NFL game with horrid officiating. I've seen the Seahawks lose a playoff spot to the Testaverde helmet TD call and lose a Super Bowl to multiple blown calls. With the regular refs I might add. Were any of you up in arms over those games? At least this time, the Seahawks weren't the ones getting shafted. So go ahead, boycott away and feel liberated for awhile. The NFL will still be there when you come back.

Meh. I still enjoy fantasy football, and football in general, but my passion has dwindled enough as it is.

Monday and Thursday night games are "watched" from work computer... just on Yahoo's box score/play-by-play updates. I usually catch the last quarter of these games at home.

Sunday is spent watching whatever I can, usually the Saints (wife's team) or Bears (mine) or whatever the best matchup is. I find it easier to just have the laptop open to occasionally check my teams and the games I'm not watching.

Recently, we've been doing family stuff in the afternoon, so usually miss at least a half if not more of either the early or late games, or both.

I'll catch the majority of the Sunday night game, typically.

That all said, this issue has to find a resolution. The replacement refs are way over their heads and the NFL needs to sack up and remedy the situation ASAP. I'll still keep to my normal schedule regardless, though.

Two friends and I are going go ride this

Then we're going to head into Winston-Salem and grab some beers at my favorite brewery in NC, Foothills Brewery. If there's a game on, I'm certainly not going to avert my gaze.

My wife's at the Grand Canyon with a friend for a week, so I'm going downtown with a buddy or two and hit a few restaurants.

I think I'll be OK.