[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else doing something different next Sunday?

Bronco Billy

It is fun to watch games when you have "your guys" going, but I realized long ago they would score or not score whether I watched them or not.

I think it is important for the "customers" to make some sort of statement to let the NFL know we will vote with our checkbooks if necessary. The only power we have is to not watch their product until they fix it.

I propose a Thursday night boycott for those of us who are not Browns or Ravens fans.

• Like 1

I am steadily breaking the all-day-Sunday habit because the weather is so nice deep into October. I'm also sick of commercials and, despite the NFL's blathering about reducing the length of games, they are actually getting longer and longer and longer. The product is now so distended that it's easy to lose interest and wander off elsewhere.

It is fun to watch games when you have "your guys" going, but I realized long ago they would score or not score whether I watched them or not.

I think it is important for the "customers" to make some sort of statement to let the NFL know we will vote with our checkbooks if necessary. The only power we have is to not watch their product until they fix it.

I propose a Thursday night boycott for those of us who are not Browns or Ravens fans.

I'm in.

I am steadily breaking the all-day-Sunday habit because the weather is so nice deep into October. I'm also sick of commercials and, despite the NFL's blathering about reducing the length of games, they are actually getting longer and longer and longer. The product is now so distended that it's easy to lose interest and wander off elsewhere.

Yeah, I've been this way for awhile. Even when the Chiefs are on I have the TV on in the garage but am usually in the yard playing with the kids or just hanging out.

I'm considering the flip side, watch Thursday (I am a Browns fan) then skip Sunday & Monday.

CD - too funny, but many of us are gluttons for punishment.

Of the Thursday night games, I was only really excited about the Saints - Falcons game anyway, and now with the Saints looking awful, I probably won't watch much of those games at all. Maybe a drive here and there while I'm surfing and playing on my phone. The Monday night schedule isn't much better, but I'm still good for at least a half if the matchup isn't horrendous. On Sundays I watch the whole Giants game if they are on, and Red Zone for the rest of the afternoon. The night game is usually good so I watch that too.

Now I'm as disturbed as anyone about last night's fiasco, and I'm concerned about the integrity of the game the longer this drags on. But at this point I'm not ready to decide categorically that I won't have my ass glued to the couch at 1:05PM this Sunday, frosty 40oz. Movie Tavern mug filled with delicious beer in hand. Then again the weather has been great, I've got brush to clear out back, and I see the Giants play the Eagles Sunday night. So it's possible I'll work outside all morning and into the afternoon, jump in the pool and watch the late games.

Now back to Giants @ Philly Sunday night, any of you who decide to skip that game on principle because of the scab ref fiasco, while I certainly understand your frustration, in the back of my mind I'm wondering if maybe you're just a little bit of a homosexual. NTTAWWT of course. I think my wife watches Real Housewives on Sunday nights, so you always have that option.

I'm considering the flip side, watch Thursday (I am a Browns fan) then skip Sunday & Monday.

CD - too funny, but many of us are gluttons for punishment.

Just skip something you would normally watch. Send some kind of message.....

I, too, will boycott the game on Thursday Night as the integrity of the game is at odds with the quality of officiating on the field.

Speaking of odds, Cleveland is 13 pt underdogs. I'm thinking Baltimore wins rather easily, as the "better teams" have killed it the first couple of Thursday nighters.

I was back and forth on this idea until I just read the NFL's statement affirming the Seattle win and discussing ongoing negotiations with the refs. It's the usual blameless rhetoric and negotiation posturing - they (the owners/NFL hierarchy) just don't get it. So you insult our intelligence repeatedly? Message received.

First stop: no Thursday night game and no NFL network. This is not a boycott - this is voting with the pocketbook.

Just curious are you tuning in to learn what players are valuable, or just to watch who is scoring? Because somebody asked me "so you don't play fantasy football" when I told them I might quit watching games. As if you have to watch, or your players don't score.

I don't consider fantasy football to be a good reason to watch football, I watched it before and would continue watching even if I didn't play fantasy. It may help me gain some insight about players, but honestly I can get all of that from a million other sources that know their CHIPS AHOY! better than I do (like DMD and his staff).

I enjoy watching my guys play so yeah, I guess to watch who is scoring - I'm 43, work my a s s off all week, golf saturday and then do work around the house yard from the time I get home til kickoff - I enjoy the relaxation

I cant imagine giving it up. My wife watches with me so we have a good time - have some beers and fire up the crock pot.

Plus Im a Raiders fan so I havent had much to watch since 2000.

As I have gotten older, I have become less and less reliant on Sunday football. Some of it has to do with my kids schedules playing into my Sunday afternoons, but other factors (and I am not even sure what) are limiting my enjoyment. I dropped out of a BotH league for no real reason, and left my local of 22 years....and don't miss either one bit. In fact now, I wonder how I ever let myself get so wrapped up in FF...kinda like a recovering addict likely feels when they have kicked the habit.

I have a couple leagues I play in for fun, but the days of being glued to the TV (and computer) for 10-12 hours are over....thank God.

With Anakin Skywalker's voice: I hate you!

Haven't decided exactly what I'll be doing next weekend yet, but I'll set my line ups and then not check FF stats, or look for the score of a game until Tuesday morning. I'll either be golfing, or in my workshop building something on Sunday afternoon!!!

After last night, I cannot watch the debacle this upcoming weekend!! Since I really don't believe the NFL will act until their's a hit to their almighty ratings, I'll do my part by not watching, and may hold true to these actions until the real refs come back.

I hope I don't go through too many symptoms of withdrawal!! :unsure:

Edited by Big Dogs

did anybody see the titans lions game? was that not entertaining? Sure, the refs suck but isn't the NFL still the best thing going? No NHL for the foreseeable future. Baseball is good but still nowhere close to NFL. NBA...? Meh

I guess maybe I am just an addict justifying my addicition - thoughts?

did anybody see the titans lions game? was that not entertaining? Sure, the refs suck but isn't the NFL still the best thing going? No NHL for the foreseeable future. Baseball is good but still nowhere close to NFL. NBA...? Meh

I guess maybe I am just an addict justifying my addicition - thoughts?

Don't bogart that NFL my friend, pass it over to me. After the game Monday, I was already looking forward to Thursday! You're in fine, decrepit company.