[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else doing something different next Sunday?

Bronco Billy

I've decided that I'm going to find an alternative way to pass next Sunday rather than watching the NFL, for the first time in 45 years, +/-. It's not just last night's game, but the sudden deterioration of the product as a whole this season. The games are getting way too long and the replacement officials are clearly in way over their heads. Then you get the announcers piling on and it's a game that is just unwatchable right now.

The weather is too beautiful and life is too short to be inside on Sunday watching this crap. Hard to believe that the NFL thinks they are making any kind of point by not paying the regular officials. It's pretty obvious even to the moderate football fan how much this has affected the game.

On that note, I'm clearing next Sunday of watching games (as well as Thursday amd Monday nights) and will find a much better and more entertaining alternative. Even cleaning out the garage would beat this ####.

• Like 1

I've decided that I'm going to find an alternative way to pass next Sunday rather than watching the NFL, for the first time in 45 years, +/-. It's not just last night's game, but the sudden deterioration of the product as a whole this season. The games are getting way too long and the replacement officials are clearly in way over their heads. Then you get the announcers piling on and it's a game that is just unwatchable right now.

The weather is too beautiful and life is too short to be inside on Sunday watching this crap. Hard to believe that the NFL thinks they are making any kind of point by not paying the regular officials. It's pretty obvious even to the moderate football fan how much this has affected the game.

On that note, I'm clearing next Sunday of watching games (as well as Thursday amd Monday nights) and will find a much better and more entertaining alternative. Even cleaning out the garage would beat this ####.

You know BB, last night might have been the final tipping point for me too. This thing has been building up for the last few years, with the greed and arrogance and attitude of: "Screw the fans. They'll still watch."

Because every action over the last few years has come to that. And that's when I'm done with it.

I think I may start just by skipping Thursday night and seeing how that goes. Quitting cold turkey may have severe ramifications. The wife may think Sunday is now in play. Can't have that. A delicate balance has been acheived and should not be disrupted....

I would support a fan boycott of some kind. The NFL needs to act.....

• Like 1

I think I may start just by skipping Thursday night and seeing how that goes. Quitting cold turkey may have severe ramifications. The wife may think Sunday is now in play. Can't have that. A delicate balance has been acheived and should not be disrupted....

Of course, this is a very good point. :thinking:

The wife may think Sunday is now in play. Can't have that.

That's a very good point and certainly a serious unintended consequence. Going to have to figure out a work around. Maybe get together for a poker game instead and tell the wife I'm going out with the guys. Would kill two birds with one stone and not be lying either...

I started to tune out after last week's MNF took 2 hours for the first half to complete. It took all of 5 minutes last night before I tuned out again and am I glad given the events that transpired. Instead I did a little gaming on the laptop with a Mentalist rerun on in the background. In hindsight: I found the f'n Mentalist ?!?! more worthy than MNF? I'll probably DVR and watch my Bengals, but I will not watch live NFL until they get the regular refs back and meanwhile I think I'll refresh my Netflix queue.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I hardly ever get to catch much of the action on Sunday's, so nothing new for me. I've got my flag football league that has games sometime between 9am-1pm (PST), so while we are checking scores regularly, I usually end up with not just the game and the obligatory post game beers with the guys, but usually a bit of a honeydo list from the wife. Usually catch part of the night game. So, no, not really changing anything up.

As I have gotten older, I have become less and less reliant on Sunday football. Some of it has to do with my kids schedules playing into my Sunday afternoons, but other factors (and I am not even sure what) are limiting my enjoyment. I dropped out of a BotH league for no real reason, and left my local of 22 years....and don't miss either one bit. In fact now, I wonder how I ever let myself get so wrapped up in FF...kinda like a recovering addict likely feels when they have kicked the habit.

I have a couple leagues I play in for fun, but the days of being glued to the TV (and computer) for 10-12 hours are over....thank God.

I haven't caught a whole

As I have gotten older, I have become less and less reliant on Sunday football. Some of it has to do with my kids schedules playing into my Sunday afternoons, but other factors (and I am not even sure what) are limiting my enjoyment.

I have a couple leagues I play in for fun, but the days of being glued to the TV (and computer) for 10-12 hours are over....thank God.

This. After two possessions by the Cowboys Sunday, I decided the weather was too nice to sit around watching that crap so I got a head start on next week's honey-dos and took the kids for an ice cream cone.

The first game I caught start to finish all season was last night's game and that was only becasue of TiVO. Seattle would have won the game anyways if it weren't for the BS interference call on GB's second TD drive.

I watch the EPL on Sunday mornings and shake off my hangover from partying the night before. TWO hours boys, in and out. BTW - I am also in an EPL fantasy league (it helps).

Unless it's a big game OR I go to bars to watch ALL the games, I'll NEVER sit down and watch a single NFL game.

Best case, I'll couch surf on my laptop during Sundays and Monday nights, and keep it on as background noise.

I watch the EPL on Sunday mornings and shake off my hangover from partying the night before. TWO hours boys, in and out. BTW - I am also in an EPL fantasy league (it helps).

Unless it's a big game OR I go to bars to watch ALL the games, I'll NEVER sit down and watch a single NFL game.

Best case, I'll couch surf on my laptop during Sundays and Monday nights, and keep it on as background noise.

Erect Penis League?

Uh, no thanks.

Im 3 and 0 and playing for 850.00, I'll be tuned in. If the NFL gave in to the refs, then we'd be btching about them too - what are we supposed to do here. Its still an enjoyable product and the situation is what it is.

Just curious are you tuning in to learn what players are valuable, or just to watch who is scoring? Because somebody asked me "so you don't play fantasy football" when I told them I might quit watching games. As if you have to watch, or your players don't score.

I don't consider fantasy football to be a good reason to watch football, I watched it before and would continue watching even if I didn't play fantasy. It may help me gain some insight about players, but honestly I can get all of that from a million other sources that know their CHIPS AHOY! better than I do (like DMD and his staff).

I wrestled when I was a kid. The coach said that if you get all po'd after a match, you can't leave the gym. If it gets so bad that I (the coach) leaves, then you can leave, it never got that bad.

Hey if Aaron Rodgers has to be there next week, then the fans can be there too. Although everyone has a right to. Watch or not to watch this crapola league save a few dollars each and every week.