[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ron Burgundy Interviews Peyton Manning for ESPN

MustOfBeenDrunk

did he say that he yells jack off when the players on the defense move

did he say that he yells jack off when the players on the defense move

Peyton was actually embarrassed and cracking at that point in the interview. That phrase was never uttered in Archie's house. Although Eli is doing a lot of it now on Sunday afternoons.

Ferrell is always funnier when he plays the straight guy. He was funny in Old School, Elf and The Other Guys where he was more subdued. He was also very good in Stranger than Fiction.

He is also good in small doses, which is why he was funny in SNL skits and in movies Wedding Crashers where his character has limited scren time.

For the most part, I enjoy him, but I do think he is overrated as a comedic actor. But he will go down as one of my top 5 SNL cast members ever.

That was not the whole interview

Will Ferrell’s scheduled appearance on ESPN as the loveable sleazeball from the movie Anchorman got sidelined by a disturbing real-world story: Allegations of sexual assault by Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston.

THR reports that the Florida State Attorney’s office scheduled a press conference on the alleged assault for Thursday at 2 p.m. ET, four hours before Ferrell, in character as Ron Burgundy, would take the SportsCenter desk alongside Anchorman co-star David Koechner, in character as Champ Kind, the sportscaster with a penchant for 5-gallon cowboy hats.

An ESPN spokesperson tweeted that the appearance was cancelled, “in light of the potential implications of any news from the State Attorney’s press conference in Fla.

I think he is one of the funniest humans alive, but I also understand how/why people don't find him funny at all. Nothing worth debating as people have different ideas of what is funny.

The funny parts of that video are when he called him a succulent baby lamb, and Peyton's reaction to him saying check off.

I thought Ron Burgundy was Michael's Vick's alter-ego many years back.

No wait, that was Ron Mexico.

Ron Burgundy, Ron Mexico and Carlos Danger form a rock band - The Strolling Bones

Wait, someone takes him seriously? I was speaking to his complete void of comedic talent.

Maybe you and BeeR can talk about it over some senior specials at Denny's before going home to watch Matlock. Or was it Murder She Wrote? Don't forget to shake your fists at the kids and tell 'em to get off your lawn. Bah humbug, Metamucil and cranberry juice.

• Like 1