[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots release Thompkins

ts

To be fair, I don't get this move unless is it to free up roster space for more LBs or DB, or OLs or whatever ... watching the NEP games last season, Thompkins appeared to have less raw talent than others on the roster, but for sure seemed to be trying much harder than his contemporary Dobson - the latter had no hands (but better speed) and while neither was a consistent route runner, Dobson just seemed (to me at least) to be totally freakin' lost unless he was running a streak route & had no clue as to the game plan/his role on any given play that was not designed from the start to be a pass in his direction ... and IMO he gave up way early on far more plays than Thompkins did, albeit it what I watched was a very limited sample size. Anyways, hard to go nuts trying to sort out the release of a WR4/5 player ... but on a team like the NEP where a dude like Edelman is the clear WR1 and Gronk/Vereen are just maybe the best overall passing targets on the squad ... letting Thompkins go is not adding up unless there is more to this story than I am seeing.

I thought I heard somewhere that Thompkins had a run in with o-coordinator McDaniels, yelling at him. Maybe that's why he's gone, internal rift?

I thought I heard somewhere that Thompkins had a run in with o-coordinator McDaniels, yelling at him. Maybe that's why he's gone, internal rift?

That was Dobson

Which was widely discredited by all involved; Dobson, Bill, Josh, and even the reporter.

oh well if the Pats said it never happened, I believe them ;)

Those aren't the droids you want either......

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 1

oh well if the Pats said it never happened, I believe them ;)

Those aren't the droids you want either......

I dunno, if anything the fact that it's the Patriots we're talking about there makes me more inclined to believe it. If he had been disciplined for mouthing off, the Patriots strike me as a franchise that wouldn't ever give a crap who knew or didn't know it and certainly wouldn't comment on it. That they issued a statement, which is not very Patriot like, kind of makes me think they really were interested in making sure the correct info got out there.

Put another way, if the Patriots had truly disciplined a player for insubordination, does anyone really think Belichick would give a flying F who knew it or would be interested all in commenting on it?

FWIW ... from Roto:

Patriots activated WR Brian Tyms from suspension.As the Pats need all the help they can get on the perimeter -- and seem down on Aaron Dobson -- Tyms is worth a look in 14- and 16-team fantasy leagues. He should be owned in all Dynasty settings. A 25-year-old preseason star, Tyms is an insane athlete. At 6-foot-1, 203, Tyms ran 4.48 with a highly explosive 10-foot-10 broad jump and 39 1/2-inch vertical at Florida A&M's 2012 Pro Day.

FWIW ... from Roto:

Patriots activated WR Brian Tyms from suspension.As the Pats need all the help they can get on the perimeter -- and seem down on Aaron Dobson -- Tyms is worth a look in 14- and 16-team fantasy leagues. He should be owned in all Dynasty settings. A 25-year-old preseason star, Tyms is an insane athlete. At 6-foot-1, 203, Tyms ran 4.48 with a highly explosive 10-foot-10 broad jump and 39 1/2-inch vertical at Florida A&M's 2012 Pro Day.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious: