[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle has the 31st best Defense

dougsul

In reality they have one of the best two or three defenses in football, but fantasy they are rank just above New Orleans in 31st place behind Jacksonville. They dont get any sacks or cause turnovers or have a single touchdown. I only start them at home but even that needs some consideration.

A guy in my 12 team league drafted Seattles D with the 1st pick of the 6th round!? I gave him so much crap. I was surprised because he is usually a good player and actually won the league last year.

I always draft kicker and Defense with my last 2 picks unless there is still someone else available that intrigues me, then I'll wait and see how things play out the rest of the preseason and add drop accordingly.

Edited by Finn5033

This is why I try to wait until late to draft a defense ... they value as fantasy defenses is very difficult to predict from year to year

Case in point is the emergence of the Chiefs last year.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

A guy in my 12 team league drafted Seattles D with the 1st pick of the 6th round!? I gave him so much crap. I was surprised because he is usually a good player and actually won the league last year.

I always draft kicker and Defense with my last 2 picks unless there is still someone else available that intrigues me, then I'll wait and see how things play out the rest of the preseason and add drop accordingly.

I don't wait that late because many guys draft 2 defenses and I don't want to be stuck with OAK and JAC. SEA was drafted at 6.04 in my local, I drafted CAR at 8.05. I would have liked to wait longer and maybe I should have ... 3 out of the 5 weeks have been good weeks for CAR defense, the other two weeks they sucked and sucked hard.

I drafted the Bills who pre-season were not ranked that high (not SEA, CAR like) but have done pretty well. D and kicker are the two craziest and least worth chasing points.

I picked up the Chargers this week ... that have scored well so far and I'm going to see if they can keep it up. It helps their defense tremendously that the offense is actually scoring points.

I picked up the Chargers this week ... that have scored well so far and I'm going to see if they can keep it up. It helps their defense tremendously that the offense is actually scoring points.

Yep I was looking at the Chargers too but not availalbe, Bears are also doing pretty well and am considering them to fill my bye

I got the Seahawks as the 2nd D off the board (KC was first). Luckily I got them in round 14 of a 16 round draft so their lack of performance hasn't hurt all that much since I didn't have to reach for them like many did.

Of course as a hugh homer I wanted them on my team. But while guys were picking Sea D in rounds 6-9, I was picking guys like Mike Wallace, Maclin, P.Thomas, E.Sanders and even scooping up Luck. I truly believe that avoiding D's (and TEs for that matter) until late in drafts has helped me be in 1st and 2nd place in most of my leagues (well, that and not having many injuries...knocks on wood).

Edited by heehawks

Yup i dont pick def or k til last 2 picks. I usually stream a different def every week and have been having good success with it.i was nervous last week having to go against sea def and garcon with a 20 pt def but it worked in my favor for once. Carolina burned me a cpl weeks ago scoring 0 points as i lost by half a point..was hoping for a stat correction lol.

I traded for Seattle and they will be fine. Most fantasy owners are not patient...considering what a crap shoot streaming defenses is, I will wait until the ball starts bouncing Seattle's way a bit. They have some great matchups along the way.