[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

other random 2015 NFL player movement

stevegrab

Despite not knowing if this was a purely financial decision on the Vikings part, and even if that was the reason, I don't like this move at all.

Releasing Jennings that is. Thought I hit the quote button but apparently not.

Edited by SeductiveNun

Browns sign CB Tramon Williams, reported to be 3 years for $21 million.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/tramon_williams_cleveland_brow.html

Browns also signed DT Randy Starks to a 2 year $8M deal.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/randy_starks_agrees_to_2-year.html#incart_story_package

Both were positions of need after losing Buster Skrine and possibly Ahtyba Rubin (UFA).

Browns sign CB Tramon Williams, reported to be 3 years for $21 million.

http://www.cleveland...eland_brow.html

Browns also signed DT Randy Starks to a 2 year $8M deal.

http://www.cleveland...t_story_package

Both were positions of need after losing Buster Skrine and possibly Ahtyba Rubin (UFA).

I like both pickups. Especially Williams.

• Like 1

Do you think the Cowboys end up signing Hardy ?

I think so. A few teams have dropped him a line, but Dallas seems to be the only one actively pursuing him right now.

ETA: Just saw this, looks like he's going to choose between the Cowboys and the Bucs. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12505929/greg-hardy-pickdallas-cowboys-tampa-bay-buccaneers-agent-says

Edited by bud29

Boys signed Hardy. For too much $. Although now I'm reading he will only count 2.6 against the cap this yr

Seriously what does it take to get fired for good in the NFL? Someone should remind Jerrah that the Devil always gets paid.

And if were the Panthers I'd be pissed. A player becomes so toxic he has to be cut, then another team can just sign him and off they go?

Edited by stethant

Seriously what does it take to get fired for good in the NFL? Someone should remind Jerrah that the Devil always gets paid.

And if were the Panthers I'd be pissed. A player becomes so toxic he has to be cut, then another team can just sign him and off they go?

well FWIW, he was suspended for 15 games and became a RFA, not cut. His case was dropped so he has not pending charges and basically got off Scot free yet the league is still planning on suspending him in addition to the 15 game he missed for being arrested and then acquitted.

well FWIW, he was suspended for 15 games and became a RFA, not cut. His case was dropped so he has not pending charges and basically got off Scot free yet the league is still planning on suspending him in addition to the 15 game he missed for being arrested and then acquitted.

He should be going to prison. How fortunate that the woman disappeared. Wonder how much money it takes to pay a woman you tried to kill to let you walk.

I hope no parents ever buy his jersey. I also hope any adult that does gets beat by smarter men.

Edited by MorningMud
  • Like 1

I wonder if these contracts will have clauses to save the team more money if he's suspended for a significant number of games.

From what I hear it's a very low-risk contract for Dallas. 9 million in roster bonuses and a million in incentives, so if he misses time due to suspension it's not a big problem.

He should be going to prison. How fortunate that the woman disappeared. Wonder how much money it takes to pay a woman you tried to kill to let you walk.

I hope no parents ever buy his jersey. I also hope any adult that does gets beat by smarter men.

I never heard any reports that she disappeared or he attempted to kill. But it's nice to know that you have tried him and found him guilty. Well done, Roger

I'm not saying he didn't do anything or is innocent but the backlash of penalties from the NFL has become comical when someone who won't even be proven guilty of a crime can be suspended for multiple years

• Like 1

I never heard any reports that she disappeared or he attempted to kill. But it's nice to know that you have tried him and found him guilty. Well done, Roger

I'm not saying he didn't do anything or is innocent but the backlash of penalties from the NFL has become comical when someone who won't even be proven guilty of a crime can be suspended for multiple years

Technically he was convicted, then he appealed and it was dismissed because the victim was no longer able to be located (won't come forward and testify again). Out of this, Rice, and Peterson; Hardy appears to be by far the most heinous and absolutely should of been punished to the full extent of the law. I also recall him having assault charges prior to this but have been having troubles googling anything past the recent trial.

Technically he was convicted, then he appealed and it was dismissed because the victim was no longer able to be located (won't come forward and testify again). Out of this, Rice, and Peterson; Hardy appears to be by far the most heinous and absolutely should of been punished to the full extent of the law. I also recall him having assault charges prior to this but have been having troubles googling anything past the recent trial.

I still don't actually know what exactly he did and if it really is more heinous than Rice, who also had no conviction