[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is all luck

frenzal rhomb

its still to early 3 games wont make or break your season, all you need to do is make the playoffs then records dont matter.

Im going to play it out but already 0 - 3 and then down a tiebreaker to the three teams I lost to is going to be tough to recover from - I have had three great weeks and lost all three so Im due for a few clunkers coming up - this is gonna be a tough hole to dig out of

Im going to play it out but already 0 - 3 and then down a tiebreaker to the three teams I lost to is going to be tough to recover from - I have had three great weeks and lost all three so Im due for a few clunkers coming up - this is gonna be a tough hole to dig out of

This is another case study on why H2H is a terrible tie breaker in H2H leagues. Doubling down on randomness.

Edited by BA Baracus

We adjusted the playoff system to the top 6 in power rankings get in, meaning your score has a lot to do with it, and your record is only one of 3 determining factors. We did it for this very reason.

Good idea, we use total points as a high level tie breaker (after division record). I've also thought having a system where one wild card slot goes to the team with highest points remaining of non division winners would aid that "I scored well but faced a better team" problem.

Dude, at least you're putting up points, so you're in the hunt....don't give up!

In the league I run, here is what doomed looks like:

We had a doubleheader this week and my team crapped the bed for the second week in a row ...I'm now 1-3, eighth in points scored and completely out of it thanks to some key injuries and a couple draft picks that didn't pan out. The first place team in my division owns the tiebreaker over me, his roster is healthy top to bottom. The benches in the league are deep (20 spot 12 teamer),so there's really nothing out on the WW to help.

Thankfully, this is just one of three money leagues, and I'm fairing well in the others. This will be the league where I play out the string to the bitter end, and focus elsewhere. Being the commish, I really can't even try for a trade that will boost another team while filling out my depleted roster (I have Julio, might consider trading, he's my only weapon now...but the owners will howl if i let him go). Them's the breaks.

To further elaborate, CBS, which is my main league, takes into account a third component which I love. This is the "Breakdown" -- it takes into account your record vs. teams you're not playing. So if you lose 205 to 200, but the other 10 players in your league scored 199 or less, the "breakdown" scores your record for that week as 11-1 which accumulates over the year.

This has reduced any/all complaints of teams scoring in high volume and missing the playoffs.

Edited by Chloroform Rx
  • Like 1

Dude, at least you're putting up points, so you're in the hunt....don't give up!

In the league I run, here is what doomed looks like:

We had a doubleheader this week and my team crapped the bed for the second week in a row ...I'm now 1-3, eighth in points scored and completely out of it thanks to some key injuries and a couple draft picks that didn't pan out. The first place team in my division owns the tiebreaker over me, his roster is healthy top to bottom. The benches in the league are deep (20 spot 12 teamer),so there's really nothing out on the WW to help.

Thankfully, this is just one of three money leagues, and I'm fairing well in the others. This will be the league where I play out the string to the bitter end, and focus elsewhere. Being the commish, I really can't even try for a trade that will boost another team while filling out my depleted roster (I have Julio, might consider trading, he's my only weapon now...but the owners will howl if i let him go). Them's the breaks.

Not giving up and going to play it out. Like I said, its just about luck. Put in a lot of research, drafted a good team, come here for some solid advise when I need it and am scoring well. Just gets frustrating when week after week I would have beaten 7 or 8 of the other teams out there. Not banking on this in place of my 401 k but the prize money is a factor (that's what we play for) as well as the satisfaction of winning and beating your friends. Would like to get away from the head to head stuff.

To further elaborate, CBS, which is my main league, takes into account a third component which I love. This is the "Breakdown" -- it takes into account your record vs. teams you're not playing. So if you lose 205 to 200, but the other 10 players in your league scored 199 or less, the "breakdown" scores your record for that week as 11-1 which accumulates over the year.

This has reduced any/all complaints of teams scoring in high volume and missing the playoffs.

Yeah, I tried to implement this after last year when a couple of owners complained. Hell those guys won't even do away with divisional play. The Spruce Goose stayed in the air longer...

I like h2h. If we are trying to mirror nfl, it should be this way. An nfl team can go undefeated but lose first game in playoffs, why should it be different in fantasy?

I agree with this in a sense and understand - difference here is in fantasy you cant play defense. Your just subject to what gets thrown at you

Fantasy football is a lot like poker. In any given season luck plays a big factor but over the course of time the skill of a player will usually shine through. This is why you used to see most of the same guys always at the final table of the WSOP back in the old days when there wasn't 8,000 people playing.

Here is an amazing story no one will care about but it just goes to show you that there must be some skill in this game. In my first ever re-draft local league I started way back in 1990 I somehow have gone 25 straight seasons without ever having a losing year. It is probably my most impressive fantasy football accomplishment when you think about how many times my teams could have been knocked out by injuries, bad picks or bad luck yet somehow every year I have won 7 games. I started 3-0 this year on my quest for 26 years in a row.

• Like 2