[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

I'm off this freaking train. Tired of the soap opera. Got an offer today of TJ Yeldon for Michael and I took it. I think Yeldon has a chance to come on strong in 2nd half when Jax schedule lightens up and he gets over his groin thing. I am just good and tired of reading all the crap coming out of Dallas...one day he's gonna tote the pig the next day nothing changes bla bla bla. Good riddance.

Nice article here: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/friday-film-room-christine-michael

"I wish I could find something on film that indicates why the Seahawks would give up on Michael, but it's not there. Sure, he fumbled in the team's first preseason game this summer, but he busted a few runs around the edge, too. I've read that Michael kept running into the backs of his offensive linemen—and have said as much on my podcast—but a repeat viewing of the film really doesn't show this. No, whatever went wrong for Michael went wrong for him off the field. And I should make it clear: just because I believe the only thing we can really go by without locker room access is actual on-field performance doesn't mean I think off-field stuff can't be a factor. My contention is simply that we're never going to know the truth, because nobody has incentive to tell us. Seahawks coaches talked to the media about "consistency" and "dependability," which may be code for Doesn't Work Hard or Is A Knucklehead, but it may be code for other stuff, too. We can't know."

Or maybe it's because they got tired of waiting for him to learn simple things, like being able to switch hands with the ball while running. He's got (or at least HAD) loads of potential, but didn't really progress one bit from the time they drafted him, until they moved him.

Meanwhile, the Hawks favor far less "talented" guys, like Turbin (and now Rawls), because they show the propensity to learn within the system, and at least show some sign of being able to progress if given the chance. Michael didn't do that. There comes a point in time where you've waited long enough, and he's just taking up a roster spot that they could use elsewhere. So they cut bait (and were fortunate to still be able to get something for him when they did so).

• Like 2

Or maybe it's because they got tired of waiting for him to learn simple things, like being able to switch hands with the ball while running. He's got (or at least HAD) loads of potential, but didn't really progress one bit from the time they drafted him, until they moved him.

Meanwhile, the Hawks favor far less "talented" guys, like Turbin (and now Rawls), because they show the propensity to learn within the system, and at least show some sign of being able to progress if given the chance. Michael didn't do that. There comes a point in time where you've waited long enough, and he's just taking up a roster spot that they could use elsewhere. So they cut bait (and were fortunate to still be able to get something for him when they did so).

Nah, he just needed a change of scenery ... in Dallas everything is going to magically "click" for him and he will pile up the yards and TDs

• Like 1

Good post. The sports vice piece on Michael having "issues off the field instead of on the field" is mostly on target, but the writer seems oblivious to how those mental issues affected on field play. They aren't mutual exclusive.

The only catch of his career thus far was as a Seahawk, 2nd and 13, he makes a swift move to avoid initial tacklers. But, as he nears the first down marker he could easily lean forward and initiate contact with his 220+ pound body to get the first down, he inexplicably runs out of bounds. Then C-Mike immediately goes into a ridiculous celebration and yelling mode while not picking up the first down. Michael attempts to waive off Lynch coming into the game on 3rd and 1 and Seattle has to take a timeout to get Michael off the field.

That pretty much was his MO while in Seattle; plays like that. And, as you mentioned, he was a consistent fumbler in pre-season as he would never switch the ball to his left hand when going to the left. He fumbled again this pre-season doing the same thing - in his third year in the NFL. It's really odd because switching the ball to your off hand, away from tacklers, should be one of the most instinctive things as a runner.

Pete Carroll is one of the most talent to intelligence risk coaches in the NFL. They picked CMike in the second round. And Michael's lack of brain is why he didn't make it in Seattle. That is why I chuckle at the optimistic 'change of scenery, what happened in Seattle didn't matter' optimism.

Edited by Bobby Brown

All CM will have to do to cement his role is run a few decent gashes through the middle. Despite all the Coach Speak, they are tired of Randle either running for 1.2 yards, wussing out and trying to get around the outside, or running into the back of his tackles instead of waiting for a hole to develop.

Football intel won't matter one lick if Jerry Jones sees this guy pop off a few big runs through the middle.

I'm not saying he will. It's just as likely that he sucks. But Dallas is VERY predictable. Jerry Jones LOVES production and cult heroes above ALL ELSE, (including off the field issues like wife beating, burglary, drug abuse and brains) so if CM does well today, he will get more work.

Just saying.

Edited by Alphashado