[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

never ignored anyone in all the yrs I've been here. That may change soon

Same here bro, but I broke down about 1/2 way through last season. My one and only ignore. Let me tell you how pleasant it is! Only time I see the drivel is when poor souls quote him in other posts.

Well here's the situation. We have Average Joe Randle, Darren Mcfadden, and the mega hyped Christine Micheal. Randle has MAJOR issues between the ears. DMC is the consensus injury risk, and CMike is the consensus overhyped, Seattle cast off that somehow is suppose to be our savior but has similar issues between the ears.

Randle infuriated his RB coach and the head coach with is ballerina, one armed 180 twist at the goal line which ended up being a TD but just as easily could have ended up a fumble. Not only was he scolded for doing that a similar move in practice, followed up by another defiant goal line jump last week in which both the coach, GM and RB coach told him during the week just before Sunday "not to do that again", yet there he was again on Sunday night going up with one hand, backwards with the ball in one hand.

So you'd think he would be apologetic after this last bit of defiance yet his response........ "It was 6".

Leaving the RB coach on the sidelines kicking the bench, yelling and screaming while Average Joe just smirks wondering what all the hub bub is all about. After getting benched for the remainder of the game after getting the first two series of the second half, you can see Average Joe all by himself, away from teammates, pouting.

So here's the quandary. We need Average Joe and if he gets benched for DMC or CMike and loses his starting gig they might loose him mentally for the season. He's a fragile minded kid that won't be able to handle the public demotion and humiliation. So if we do what everyone knows should happen and that's either start and stay with DMC or CMike, we lose a player we need to perform this year if something should happen to the other two.

So what you are going to see is Average Joe Randle start to keep him mentally involved, like a child you have to placate in order to keep them engaged while DMC or CMike gets the lion shares of carries, short yardage and Goal line.

Bottom line, I would be very surprised if we ever see Randle in goal line duty the rest of the season thus limiting his TD stats. DMC and CMike will share short yardage and goal line duties until one emerges as the guy.

Until either Weeden starts making some plays down field or Romo gets back the running game is going to be difficult to depend on as teams continue to squeeze the box and play single safety high looks.

I love how pre-season over-hyped Joseph Randle is now Average Joe Randle.

I didn't hype him. If you recall I though he was a bum and never wanted him even on the team let alone starting. He's a head case, immature player and I said as much to anyone who would listen. I wanted DMC to start and I may get my wish at some point.

He got picked up on waivers this week in my league, figured he probably would be. I wasn't high enough on him to use my #3 waiver order pick on him, got Tavon Austin instead to help a weak WR bench.

It really depends on what you need or are looking for, if its a long shot stash that has a small chance to do something, go ahead. If you need somebody to replace a guy like Dunbar (who I had and dropped to add WR) you go for somebody like Vereen, Riddick, Starks [all available in my league with deep benches) that ARE already involved and getting touches.

Guys like Herron & Bradshaw (if he signs) are comparable to CMike in my view. Other than maybe for keeper/dynasty league where there's an outside chance that he comes in and breaks out giving a valuable asset long term. But for me week 5 is early to be thinking that long term, the bottom guy on my roster depth is going to be cut in the next 2-3 weeks to deal with byes anyway.

Edited by stevegrab

He got picked up on waivers this week in my league, figured he probably would be. I wasn't high enough on him to use my #3 waiver order pick on him, got Tavon Austin instead to help a weak WR bench.

It really depends on what you need or are looking for, if its a long shot stash that has a small chance to do something, go ahead. If you need somebody to replace a guy like Dunbar (who I had and dropped to add WR) you go for somebody like Vereen, Riddick, Starks [all available in my league with deep benches) that ARE already involved and getting touches.

Guys like Herron & Bradshaw (if he signs) are comparable to CMike in my view. Other than maybe for keeper/dynasty league where there's an outside chance that he comes in and breaks out giving a valuable asset long term. But for me week 5 is early to be thinking that long term, the bottom guy on my roster depth is going to be cut in the next 2-3 weeks to deal with byes anyway.

I just dropped Michael to scoop up Hankerson...hoping I can flip him with something else in a few weeks...

I hope that I am able to scoop Michael back up and if that happens it means he has some value....

All it came down to is the last roster spot seeing more value in Hankerson than Michael at the moment...

I love coach speak, starting CMix-A-Lot:

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett confirmed RB Joseph Randle will remain the starter.

Randle found himself in the doghouse after almost fumbling while trying to reach the ball over the goal line against the Saints last week. Randle had just four carries against New Orleans following the play. Despite being the "starter," Randle has just 25 total carries over the last two games and eight carries total in the second half the last two weeks. In a game the Cowboys are expected to lose big against the Patriots, Randle is a risky play.
Edited by DaFreak

do you think he'll be getting his shot this week? :ball:

I think they reel out the leash a little bit, maybe 4-6 carries? I guess if the Pats are wiping up the field with them by the second quarter, Garret might give him more to see what he can handle. If the 'Boys can somehow keep it close, he probably gets less.

Things are about to get real:

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said Friday the team will "ride the hot hand" at running back against New England this week.

Jones said Joseph Randle would get the nominal start, Darren McFadden will enter "a couple series later," and Christine Michael will enter thereafter. Whomever performs the best in his early-game opportunities will lead the backfield the rest of the way. We'll be interested to see just how much running Dallas will actually be able to do against the Patriots, who are coming off a bye week. Without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant available to control the clock on offense, Rod Marinell's defense has been shredded in back-to-back games.