[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

Chrissy hasn't played any special teams for either Seattle or Dallas.

Ok, then maybe they're going to work Rod Smith into the mix ;) Or they think signing Seattle castoffs is the road to RB success. Maybe they should give Shaun Alexander a call :rofl:

• Like 2

Ok, then maybe they're going to work Rod Smith into the mix ;) Or they think signing Seattle castoffs is the road to RB success. Maybe they should give Shaun Alexander a call :rofl:

and, let's not forget Ricky Watters and Curt Warner! :tup:

A source tells NFL Network's Ian Rapoport the Cowboys will "definitely" use Christine Michael more after their bye week.

The source also said not to be surprised if Michael plays as many snaps as Joseph Randle even if he's not the starter. With Darren McFadden still getting consistent third-down work, this is shaping up to be a full-blown running back by committee. A wait and see approach would probably work best but Michael is certainly worthy of roster consideration in 12 and 14-team leagues. The Cowboys return to action against the Giants in Week 7.

A source tells NFL Network's Ian Rapoport the Cowboys will "definitely" use Christine Michael more after their bye week.

The source also said not to be surprised if Michael plays as many snaps as Joseph Randle even if he's not the starter. With Darren McFadden still getting consistent third-down work, this is shaping up to be a full-blown running back by committee. A wait and see approach would probably work best but Michael is certainly worthy of roster consideration in 12 and 14-team leagues. The Cowboys return to action against the Giants in Week 7.

What???? A full blown RBBC??? Who would have thought?

Rocking out with his cock out! (maybe, unless he doesn't)

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/321267/cowboys-were-going-to-let-c-mike-rock

Cowboys: We're going to let C-Mike 'rock'

Cowboys RBs coach Gary Brown says the team wants to take the "reins" off Christine Michael and "let him rock."

"I think he's where he needs to be, and we want to take the reins off him and let him rock," was Brown's exact quote. The Cowboys have correctly determined they aren't getting enough big plays from Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden, and want to see what Michael can do as they wait for the returns of Dez Bryant and Tony Romo. There's a reason Michael has been mothballed for the first two and a half years of his career — he's been a slow developer, and has sometimes lacked feel for the game — but his athletic ability is off the charts. He could make something happen behind Dallas' dominant offensive line. Michael should be owned in all 12-team leagues. We'll have a better idea of how things will shake out in Week 7 once the Cowboys return from their bye.
Oct 15 - 3:04 PM

LOL ... slow developer that sometimes lacks a feel for the game ... but so very athletic; i.e. he has great physical skills but lacks the mental capability to compete at the NFL level. Looks GREAT in practice, but not in the real games. Yeah, I can see how this guy is going to get the job done.

LOL ... slow developer that sometimes lacks a feel for the game ... but so very athletic; i.e. he has great physical skills but lacks the mental capability to compete at the NFL level. Looks GREAT in practice, but not in the real games. Yeah, I can see how this guy is going to get the job done.

I hear they're bringing in Crash Davis as a consultant.

I don't like to insult people on forums; such things are trivial in nature. However, if you're looking at Christine Michael on your waiver wire with the understanding that he is going to get more touches and possibly land into a starting roll, with all of his athleticism playing behind a great offensive line, and you are making jokes about how you aren't touching him...

... you're an idiot.

WHO CARES if he gets his shot and fails miserably. Drop him and pick Ruben Randle back up. You take shots in FFB, even long ones, and you win leagues when you hit.

It's as simple as that.

• Like 3

I don't like to insult people on forums; such things are trivial in nature. However, if you're looking at Christine Michael on your waiver wire with the understanding that he is going to get more touches and possibly land into a starting roll, with all of his athleticism playing behind a great offensive line, and you are making jokes about how you aren't touching him...

... you're an idiot.

I would agree. But ur not gonna convince the rational experts around here

Devonta Freeman was drafted in the 8th round in my 12 team league.

He didn't do much last year.

Tevin Coleman was the shiny new toy of a new coaching staff.

Best case scenario, Freeman played a limited role in a messy time share.

Nobody predicted what he is doing now.

Nobody.

Yet the guy that drafted him in the 8th round because he was the next scrub on his cheat sheet is riding him into the playoffs.

Anything can happen and any potential starter is worth a flyer. If CM can hold onto the ball and has more burst between the tackles than Randle does (which won't take much), then all of a sudden CM is the starting RB behind a very good O-line.

Very much worth your bottom roster spot. And as mentioned above, if he fails, then so what.

It was your bottom roster spot.

Edited by Alphashado

We're not even half way through the season yet folks. A lot can happen and often does during the second half of the season. Teams that start out fast begin to fade while other find their stride and begin to play good football. At this point the Cowboys haven't found their identity yet. While I suspect the defense is going to be dialed in and dominant, the offense could become anything in the next two quarters of the season. From hapless to high powered should one of these backs take control of this backfield and once Romo gets back start to dominate again on offense. Now who that back might be is anyones guess but you can't rule out any of them save Randle. He's just not ever going to be more than a pouty kid. Just an average Joe. I could see any of the other three taking hold or even being a RBBC the rest of the season. Even this new kid Rod Smith could become the starter.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Update: looks like those of you who picked up CM are in luck. Talk is that he's going to get his shot at the title. They are starting Cassel instead of Weeden, Collins is taking over for Leary at guard and yes, CMike is going to get a shot at running the rock against the Giants. Randle has lost favor for dancing in the hole and doing a pour job at being patient and following his blocks. The tape shows he has been especially poor when it comes to plays that are completely blocked up outside but instead, can't hold his nerve and turns it up field and into either his own linemen or a defender. They are also concerned about his psyche and his attitude after being chastised about his goal line antics. I wonder if they are tired of worrying about him checking out for the season if he gets benched like a pouty little brat. Supposedly he went on a rant with some other players about the goal line jump but was told to shut up by two vets one being Witten.. This was after Shouting "All I know is it was 6, so I don't know that the F... day trippen on".

There is talk that Mcfadden was chastised for going low on two A gap blitzes that produced a sack and a QB hurry. I was very surprised by the blocks because DMC has always stood up strong in the hole and chested blitzing LB. He is also running with no balance and not finishing runs like he did in preseason which is also not like him at all. They are also very puzzled by DMC's performance thus far because he didn't run the way he is now in training camp or preseason. However, they feel he is still the best replacement for Dunbar in the passing game and underneath stuff. CMike will get his opportunities against the Giants but he better not fumble. They just signed Rod Smith who is a 6' 3" 227lb rookie RB from Seattle. It's Cmike's change to own the starting job and put Randle on the bench and DMC as change up third down and short yardage back. He had better shape up or Rod will be coming in on short yardage.

Got a lot of this from local pal in dallas and confirmed by Dallas cowboys beat writers.

FYI, just dropped Randle in all leagues.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Update: looks like those of you who picked up CM are in luck. Talk is that he's going to get his shot at the title. They are starting Cassel instead of Weeden, Collins is taking over for Leary at guard and yes, CMike is going to get a shot at running the rock against the Giants. Randle has lost favor for dancing in the hole and doing a pour job at being patient and following his blocks. The tape shows he has been especially poor when it comes to plays that are completely blocked up outside but instead, can't hold his nerve and turns it up field and into either his own linemen or a defender. They are also concerned about his psyche and his attitude after being chastised about his goal line antics. I wonder if they are tired of worrying about him checking out for the season if he gets benched like a pouty little brat. Supposedly he went on a rant with some other players about the goal line jump but was told to shut up by two vets. One being Witten.

There is talk that Mcfadden was chastised for going low on two A gap blitzes that produced a sack and a QB hurry. I was very surprised by the blocks because DMC has always stood up strong in the hole and chested blitzing LB. He is also running with no balance and not finishing runs like he did in preseason which is also not like him at all. They are also very puzzled by DMC's performance thus far because he didn't run the way he is now in training camp or preseason. However, they feel he is still the best replacement for Dunbar in the passing game and underneath stuff. CMike will get his opportunities against the Giants but he better not fumble. They just signed Rod Smith who is a 6' 3" 227lb rookie RB from Seattle. It's Cmike's change to own the starting job and put Randle on the bench and DMC as change up third down and short yardage back. He had better shape up or Rod will be coming in on short yardage.

Got a lot of this from local pal in dallas and confirmed by Dallas cowboys beat writers.

Great insight Cowboyz, thank you. As soon as I heard CMike might get a chance to start, I snagged him in my three leagues.

Supposedly the reason it took so long to get him in the game was he is a "slow learner" and if the game requires changes to play calls or hurry up offense he just wasn't ready. Coach Garret said as much in his presser. In so many words saying, once the game got into comeback mode or 2 minute drill he didn't have enough grasp of the offense to be incorporated. Seattle reported similar issues with his ability to know what to do on the field at all times.

Edited by Cowboyz1