[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hardy Audio. See, jumping to the wrong conclusions again.

Cowboyz1

Yep, he's a leader.

NFL Network's Ian Repoport reports Cowboys RE Greg Hardy was late for practice last Thursday and didn't call anyone on the team to let them know.

Hardy missed a ton of practices while at Ole Miss, leading him to being a 2010 sixth-round pick, and was also the "far and away leader" of missed practices while with the Panthers. His talent has let him skate by to this point, and this has only made the news because of Hardy's sideline blowup with Dez Bryant on Sunday. Hardy has made an on-field impact through two games with his new team, and Dallas will simply continue to put up with it as long as Hardy produces.

Rotoworld

Yep, he's a leader.

Rotoworld

Coming from a guy that is Banned from Dallas facilities. Ian and the Cowboys are on non speaking terms. He's lied so much trying to create stories he's no longer allowed on any Cowboys events. The beat writers call him a hack and he is. The guy is a total sleaze ball. I don't believe a thing this guys says.

Coming from a guy that is Banned from Dallas facilities. Ian and the Cowboys are on non speaking terms. He's lied so much trying to create stories he's no longer allowed on any Cowboys events. The beat writers call him a hack and he is. The guy is a total sleaze ball. I don't believe a thing this guys says.

Gotcha, must be lying cause there is no precedence. :rolleyes:

Are all Cowboys fans such Hardy advocates? I like to take things with a grain of salt too, but sometimes you got to wonder.

Gotcha, must be lying cause there is no precedence. :rolleyes:

Are all Cowboys fans such Hardy advocates? I like to take things with a grain of salt too, but sometimes you got to wonder.

Why isn't anyone else reporting it? Nobody at all and this happened LAST WEEK!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20150403-cowboys-de-greg-hardy-a-curious-mix-of-talent-inconsistency-alter-egos-free-spirit.ece

This piece(written by a Dallas sports reporter) talks to players and coaches who are naturally going to give a biased opinon(in Hardy's favor) about him, and despite this there are mentions of him missing practices/team meetings/classes at all three levels he's played at. High School, "He remembers when Hardy wouldn’t show up for practice and he’d have to go looking for him", College, Hardy "was suspended two weeks during his sophomore season by coach Ed Orgeron, reportedly for missing team meetings and classes", and the NFL, "Greg was late for a meeting or two". Remember, these are reports by a Dallas beat reporter by coaches and players who would give Hardy the benefit of the doubt. I personally think there is something off with him mentally/socially as the article suggests, but there isn't any hard evidence of this, and I won't pretend like I have some insider knowledge of him or his life.

Side note: yelling "help me" insinuating that no one else was working/trying? Sounds like an EGO, not a LEADER. imo

Ok is there someone on that line that has anywhere near the talent he has? Sounds like he knows he's the leader and the best player on the D line and needs some help to kill the QB. I call for them all to help him too. Help him, help you!

Sounds like a Dill Josh Gordon bag. Help me? It sounds like calling out his teammates for losing the game. All this for a guy who has played two games for Dallas.

And a real leader would never conduct himself like he did after the game. No comments, next question? Really? A leader would step up and speak like a man. I can't stand Romo, but I would bet my bottom dollar that Romo would have manned up and answered every and all questions like a professional.

Unless Dallas wins every game the rest of the season, I expect to hear more stories about Greg Hardy, and none of them positive.

Sounds like a Dill Josh Gordon bag. Help me? It sounds like calling out his teammates for losing the game. All this for a guy who has played two games for Dallas.

And a real leader would never conduct himself like he did after the game. No comments, next question? Really? A leader would step up and speak like a man. I can't stand Romo, but I would bet my bottom dollar that Romo would have manned up and answered every and all questions like a professional.

Unless Dallas wins every game the rest of the season, I expect to hear more stories about Greg Hardy, and none of them positive.

Good, if we don't win he's going to be pissed off just like the rest of us. Good. I hope he kicks all their a$$es after each game until we win one. Maybe it's time we had some Kraken Law around here.

Law 1. The penalty for mistakes is pain.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Good, if we don't win he's going to be pissed off just like the rest of us. Good. I hope he kicks all their a$$es after each game until we win one. Maybe it's time we had some Kraken Law around here.

Law 1. The penalty for mistakes is pain.

Good you want your players to act like little children and have a fit when they lose, yell at their teammates to "help me" (since apparently he's the only doing anything and they're all sitting on the sideline jacking off). What a joke, but hardly shocking given some of your other posts.

Maybe other teammates should get pissed that Jerry signed this piece of manure, walkt into his office and kick his ass. Now that would be awesome.

Good you want your players to act like little children and have a fit when they lose, yell at their teammates to "help me" (since apparently he's the only doing anything and they're all sitting on the sideline jacking off). What a joke, but hardly shocking given some of your other posts.

Maybe other teammates should get pissed that Jerry signed this piece of taco, walkt into his office and kick his ass. Now that would be awesome.

You're being a bit melodramatic with this. This happens on every team, every week in the NFL. Since it's the Cowboys, Jerry Jones and Hardy, it's somehow news. A player was fired up, pissed off and wanted his team to come together and fight harder. What's wrong with that?

You're being a bit melodramatic with this. This happens on every team, every week in the NFL. Since it's the Cowboys, Jerry Jones and Hardy, it's somehow news. A player was fired up, pissed off and wanted his team to come together and fight harder. What's wrong with that?

Nothing really wrong with his behavior, yes it happens on other teams and yes the Cowboys get tons of extra attention. But it is hillarious that you consider this behavior to be good team leadership. I read Browns fans saying this stuff too, how they want to see some players get mad, get angry, throw some manure, yell at some people. "I'm pissed we're not winning, why are these guys pissed?" I just think its amusing that people think the players (coaches, managers, even owners) should act like the fans. I consider guys that lose it on the field like that to be a liability, some opposing player sees that and figures they can get in the guys head and get them to act out and get a penalty or worse.

I remember when LeBron left the Cavs to sign with Miami, and owner Dan Gilbert published this open letter that sounded like a heart broken teenage girl crying over a breakup. Even going so far as to promise the fans that the Cavs will win a title before LeBron does :rofl::shocking::thinking::rolleyes: The fans ate that up, loved every word and believed it. A few saw it as the PR stunt it really was.

Said it on another thread ... I never understood why when a player throws a hissy fit this is considered leadership. Emotional outbursts like Hardy's and countless other players in the NFL is not a display of leadership ... it is a temper tantrum on a national stage.

How many parents out there would congratulate their child on his display of leadership when he threw a temper tantrum?

Players throw tantrums and slap clipboards out of the hands of coaches on every team, every week?

• Like 2

I think it's time for you guys to watch the sidelines during games a bit. Seriously, you guys are missing a lot of action.

I was behind the Chiefs' sideline at the game on Sunday, and I assure you there was no clipboard slapping :lol:

I can't say I've ever expected much in the way of manners, composure, and self-control from most professional football players. These guys got where they are by being aggressive and competitive to a fault. So some player gets heated, loses it, and goes off for a minute, and people are surprised? Even coaches do similar things (Harbaugh-Schwartz conflict).

Personally, I enjoy a little chaos and anger in my football.

Edited by timeconsumer