[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis to the Broncos

Inziladun

So he's 31 but as one of the most athletic TEs of this generation, I'd say he's primed for a major career resurgence if Manning has a couple years left in him.

I mean, Manning has a "dead arm" right? More of those shorter, underneath looks... he made Green and Daniels look pretty good last night, imagine what a once-stud like Davis would look like in that offense.

Well, we don't have to imagine, we'll see it soon. I wouldn't be shocked if he put up top-10 weekly numbers here on out.

Edited by darin3

So he's 31 but as one of the most athletic TEs of this generation, I'd say he's primed for a major career resurgence if Manning has a couple years left in him.

I mean, Manning has a "dead arm" right? More of those shorter, underneath looks... he made Green and Daniels look pretty good last night, imagine what a once-stud like Davis would look like in that offense.

Well, we don't have to imagine, we'll see it soon. I wouldn't be shocked if he put up top-10 weekly numbers here on out.

Agreed, he should be added in all leagues.

Yep his arm looked really dead in those long passes to DT that were right on the money.

I just heard this. It sounds like he is going to be in a 4 TE mix as a Bronco. That sounds like a fantasy headache to manage to me. That is great news for Vernon Davis though.

It won't be long before Davis is leading DEN in targets at TE, they just don't have anybody good. Daniels is ok, but not better than Davis. I doubt DEN signed him to just be in the mix.

Good for him glad he got outta this hell hole. Hope he does good there if anyone can resurrect his career it's that guy. He's not burning DBs on wheel routes anymore but he should benefit on underneath throws. Could see him being a 8-10 catch guy with 60-70 yards and possible redzone TD any given week with Peyton. Thanks for the memories predator God speed!!

he may be 31 but he's still a beast ..... and this is the epitome of the old "change of scenery" theory.

It wouldn't surprise me if hes top 5 TE from his first full game on.

I bet he skipped all the way to Denver when he got the news.

he may be 31 but he's still a beast ..... and this is the epitome of the old "change of scenery" theory.

Gronk, Eifert, Olsen, Kelce... I suppose he could be the next one ROS, but honestly, with Thomas/Sanders there, I think that'd be a stretch.

I could see him in the next tier, though, with the likes of Gates, Bennett, Barnidge, Graham, etc.

Edited by darin3

Good for him glad he got outta this hell hole. Hope he does good there if anyone can resurrect his career it's that guy. He's not burning DBs on wheel routes anymore but he should benefit on underneath throws. Could see him being a 8-10 catch guy with 60-70 yards and possible redzone TD any given week with Peyton. Thanks for the memories predator God speed!!

Davis strikes me as a dude that 'needs' the locker room...like he will be one of the first guys to check out if the team goes to hell. I wonder if he might regain a half step or two coming to a contending team.

Edited by BA Baracus

You obviously haven't watched him every game he is much slower now all the leg injuries he's had calves hammys etc. have taken a toll on his lower half. He can't and doesn't drag people around anymore like he used to he goes down to 190 lb DBs. He is not gonna magically get those aspects back. What he will get is a QB that will allow him to succeed in space and give him those opportunities unlike kaeps tunnel vision ass.

Davis strikes me as a dude that 'needs' the locker room...like he will be one of the first guys to check out if the team goes to hell. I wonder if he might regain a half step or two coming to a contending team.

He may but even when the niners were succeeding he still besides the one good year just wasn't his old self anymore. I watched him every minute of every game since his rookie year he is not the same guy. If he is then he's one helluva flopping actor.

Gronk, Eifert, Olsen, Kelce... I suppose he could be the next one ROS, but honestly, with Thomas/Sanders there, I think that'd be a stretch.

I could see him in the next tier, though, with the likes of Gates, Bennett, Barnidge, Graham, etc.

maybe top 5 was a bit much ... you are probably right