[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Bryant looks to be done for season

michaelredd9

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/328723/dez-bryant-not-expected-to-play-against-bills?ls=roto:DAL:topheadlines

Dez Bryant not expected to play against Bills

Bryan Broaddus of the Cowboys' website does not expect Dez Bryant (foot, ankle) to play Sunday against the Bills.

Broaddus isn't necessarily a reporter, but he works closely with the team and is almost unfailingly correct with his Cowboys-related predictions. Broaddus believes Bryant is done for the season. The Bills should be able to control Sunday's game with Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins, and their running game. With Kellen Moore under center, Dallas is painfully short on talent.
Dec 25 - 3:00 PM

Cowboys fan from Canada going to see my first ever game this weekend in Buffalo. I was already bummed out because this game doesn't mean anything for both teams & Romo isn't playing, but all that was digested. Dez is my favorite player on that team and I'm going to be rocking his jersey during the game so it would suck for him not to play :tdown:

I have Dez in 33 of my 77 leagues. I drafted him in the 1st round of 26 of my 69 re-draft leagues and I have him in 7 out of my 8 dynasty leagues. I am still alive for a championship in only 1 of the 7 dynasty leagues that has Dez and last year I had won 5 out of 8 dynasty championships.

I won 2 championships out of 26 re-draft leagues so far and still am alive for one more.

Pretty safe to say my favorite player wrecked my season this year but the oddest thing about all this my best team the one that is currently sitting #1 overall in RTS for $200K I took Dez in the 1st round. This was one of the 2 leagues I won the regular season championship as well.

Also my NFFC team that stands 15th overall right now also had Dez in the 1st round but did not win that league championship.

Julio had this same injury and then a few years later in 2013 he re-broke his foot so not sure what the chances are of it happening again to Dez in the future and what are the chances Romo has of re-injuring his clavicle.

It will be very interesting to see where Dez will be drafted next year I imagine there will be a lot of people backing way off.

It was one hell of a run from 2012-2014 and he helped me win 200K last year so I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this guy.

Cowboys fan from Canada going to see my first ever game this weekend in Buffalo. I was already bummed out because this game doesn't mean anything for both teams & Romo isn't playing, but all that was digested. Dez is my favorite player on that team and I'm going to be rocking his jersey during the game so it would suck for him not to play :tdown:

Be like Dez, throw a fit at the game. Get down to the sideline and yell at him to get his but on the field. You paid good money to see the Cowboys not some group of replacement players, :-)

Good, bad, or doesn't matter for McFadden?

It probably doesnt make much difference. Nobody was respecting Dez anyway with Cassel under center. Not sure Kellen was putting much fear in anyone

It probably doesnt make much difference. Nobody was respecting Dez anyway with Cassel under center. Not sure Kellen was putting much fear in anyone

True, but at least Moore was locating his #1 weapon in the short time we saw him.

Not to turn this into a WDIS, but this news makes me think about starting Beasley (over Roddy White -- due to Alshon Jeffery being doubtful).

How the hell do you manage 77 leagues??

It's a lot of work for sure especially Wednesday's which I hate because I have to spend around 6 hours every Wednesday putting in waiver wire claims but I do have several teammates as I usually split teams with several people so they help out on waivers. This year I was doing about 50 teams for waivers and my teammates helped out in the other 27 teams most weeks.

At the end of every year I am usually so burnt out from football I am usually happy it is ending but strange this year I really don't feel that way. I guess after 2012 and 2014 I was so relieved to have pulled out the miracle big wins I was glad it was over and even in 2013 while not winning a big one I had great success winning 20 out of 64 leagues but this year after so many injuries (which everyone has had) and my struggles in the post season after such great regular season success I feel like I have not met expectations so unless I someone pull another miracle and win another 200K this season will be a failure to me.

As much as want to win the big contests my local leagues and dynasty leagues mean just as much to me. Heck on last Monday night I was rooting my heart out to win my local work IFL league playoff game as I needed Cooks to get that last catch on that last drive to pull it out so while I am rooting to win a $100 game I may have been rooting against myself to win 200K but I have no idea because to keep sanity I think it's best to never look at the overall standings during the week and never look at all the other teams lineups so I have no idea who they are playing and let the chips fall where they may. The only time I will look will be after all the games are over going into Sunday night at that point I will look to see who people have left to see who I need to root against for SN and MN football.

In reality Dez was done for the season when he figured out Romo was not going to be there and the playoffs weren't happening. Dez had an opportunity to step up into a big leadership role by putting this team on his shoulders and doing his best to make whomever was at QB look good. But instead of stepping up, Dez stepped down.

• Like 1

In reality Dez was done for the season when he figured out Romo was not going to be there and the playoffs weren't happening. Dez had an opportunity to step up into a big leadership role by putting this team on his shoulders and doing his best to make whomever was at QB look good. But instead of stepping up, Dez stepped down.

Gonna cast this line out again eh? The hook came up empty the 1st time you tried with this bait. :rolleyes:

Giving it all? Maybe not, he can be a bit of a primadonna like alot of wr's in this day n age. Putting the team on his back and carrying them with the garbage he played with at QB? Stop it. And he hasn't been healthy all yr either fwiw

Whether he would have succeeded or not is largely irrelevant ... the fact that he didn't even try speaks volumes about him. Lack of effort = lack of leadership.

ahh this sucks. Dez is one of my favorite players to watch and this season hasnt been as exciting as last year with the cowboys in turmoil. i loved watching the trio of romo, murray and dez last year and it sucked to see murray leave and ruin his career. dez and murray complimented each other so well. i was surprised the cowboys let him leave. i wonder if Dez will be a cowboy next year...

I joined a keeper league this year and inherited a last place team. J.Charles and Dez were the big keepers for me. I was on my way to at least a 1.2 pick when another owner proffessed his man crush for Dez. I told him it would cost more than he would be willing to pay. We made the deal 3 weeks ago. I got his 1st/2nd and 3rd round picks next year plus Alshon Jefferies for Dez and my 4th/5th and 9th. Bye Dez!!

• Like 1

I joined a keeper league this year and inherited a last place team. J.Charles and Dez were the big keepers for me. I was on my way to at least a 1.2 pick when another owner proffessed his man crush for Dez. I told him it would cost more than he would be willing to pay. We made the deal 3 weeks ago. I got his 1st/2nd and 3rd round picks next year plus Alshon Jefferies for Dez and my 4th/5th and 9th. Bye Dez!!

That's some highway robbery right there. I'd rather have Alshon than Dez straight up.