[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Carson Wentz wants out of Philadelphia

Wolverines Fan

15 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

"waaaaahhhh...  The other guy is about 36 times better than I am and I cant blame the rest of the team anymore!"   - C Wentz.

If he had any pride he would renegotiate his contract and eat some of the money to go play ball elsewhere.  

Or, like LChamp said, get gloves for all the clipboard work.  

Agree. I still think he can be a very good QB, just not in Philly. 

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

If it weren't for the $$ in that heavy contract, he's got Indianapolis Colts written all over him.   Would be an ideal fit reuniting with Frank Reich.  

Agree Shortty. Frank Reich absolutely loves Carson Wentz and he thrived in Reich's offense. It was all downhill for Wentz once Reich left. 

Bears are buying.  Trade Mitch and Foles back for Wentz.  Just so the Bears can keep being 8-8 is our thought.  -Pace & Nagy

We'll even throw in this fantastic pretend RB to help replace all the drops you lost from Agholor.

Edited by SNOWBOUND33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's not a rumor, he definitely wants out. Unfortunately his contract makes it almost impossible that he's somewhere else next year. It's too much dead money for Philly to do anything with him. I hope he learns how to hold the young Bucks clipboard.

Somewhere some Browns fans are still complaining that we didn't make the moves to draft him...of course he didn't flame out as fast as the guy we did pick Corey Coleman, 

1 hour ago, gijoerock said:

Hopefully they are not going to the Jets or Jaguars.

Joining the Jets = entering Hell.  I don't recommend it to any player considering coming to this team.  Hell created by the Woody and Chris Johnson, both of whom adore Adam Gase.  Then again, if you are a carpetbagger like Trumaine Johnson or CJ Mosely, then the Jets are easy targets.

Edited by Dcat

57 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

If i was a gm and i was drafting a qb at #1, if trade all my good players necessary to build a pro-bowl OL

You might only be a GM for a couple years going that route as that is a lot easier said than done . 

If you are drafting a QB at #1 overall; you probably don't have many good players to trade in the first place.  And if you are going to build an O line through the draft; you are going to need some fortune.  GMs have been whiffing at a high rate, for a number of years, when drafting offensive tackles and guards early.  Even established vets through FA have some downfalls (i.e..salary cap concerns and coming up to speed with a new system).   

This article is 3 years old but still relevant I think:  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/2/16596392/offensive-line-crisis-league-midseason

4 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

They are but by how much???

I love how Gase had one job to do the last few weeks of the season, NOT WIN! And he managed to do exactly that. Now the Jets will be in football purgatory for another 10 years because they missed out on the chance to get Trevor Lawrence who is a once in a lifetime type football talent. Unreal isn't it?