[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots cut Edelman, announced retirement.

Big John

On 7/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, League_Champion said:

Who the hell is he to ask for anything? 

A first round draft pick who feels he isn't getting a shot with all the other receivers the Pats signed in the off season. 

It probably isn't a wise decision, nor likely to happen considering his own ability to perform is just as much a problem injuries as bad QB play.

Notice it says he "asked" not "demanded".  

42 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

It probably isn't a wise decision, nor likely to happen considering his own ability to perform is just as much a problem injuries as bad QB play.

He's one of the worst receivers in the game. Who in their right mind would trade for him? His handlers aren't doing him any favors. 

17 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't pretend to know that much about contracts and leverage but seems to be in a pretty bad spot to demand anything. his trade value is garbage, he hasn't done anything. I feel for the guy in terms of having Newton throwing to him but he had a year of Brady and did nothing either. 

I think he had a couple of injuries his 1st yr, another rookie coming in from the off season not in game shape and pull something that sets them back by months 

Having said that, he is a former 1st round pick, and several teams could use wr depth, I bet he gets a chance elsewhere, shows just slightly more than he did in new England and gets a 2nd yr with them until they draft a.depth wr to replace him 

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Big John said:

Got his wish after a year later.  Traded to the Bears for a 2024 7th.

As a Bears fan I kinda like this.  A 7th is a total throw-away pick anyways, so why not take a stab at a guy who was once heralded as a potential stud?  Especially after losing Allen Robinson.  If he doesn't show anything, easy cut.  Definitely worth the 7th.  :tup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

When was the last time the Patriots drafted a WR that did much?  Edleman?

Seriously, and they just took a flier on him as an ex-QB that had some quicks.

The Pats have been downright terrible at evaluating WR talent the past decade or more.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

As a Bears fan I kinda like this.  A 7th is a total throw-away pick anyways, so why not take a stab at a guy who was once heralded as a potential stud?  Especially after losing Allen Robinson.  If he doesn't show anything, easy cut.  Definitely worth the 7th.  :tup: 

It reminds of a fantasy football when owners just throw out random lowball trades and wake up in the morning to see someone actually accepted.:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Holding Mooney I don't like this.  And I feel bad for Harry, I doubt he'll get a shot to shine in that offense. Going to have a short career.

He was way overdrafted by the Patriots and unfortunately that's what people think he is, a first round talent. He really should of went 3rd or 4th round 

52 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

The round only matters on draft day and that first contract. He is a bust, regardless of what round he was taken in.

He was definitely a bust for the Patriots, especially since they drafted him late first. But I think it's good for the Bears, they basically get a free look and he gets a second chance. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...