[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers wants out of GB

darin3

Curious when exactly is this nearly done deal going to happen? All these informed sources telling us how its a near certainty, and then repeating that claim after it should have happened (during the draft, in the days after the draft, etc.)

Amazing that tweets like this one https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1391815799560491014  don't get the promotion that all the "Rodgers is leaving the Packers" ones do. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah but that doesn't make for good discussion.

No doubt, just look at the Huddle News reporting that he's in talks with the Packers on a long term contract, but the Huddle take (Huddle Up) reads "Not much to see here. Rodgers is about the No.3 to No. 5 QB to target in fantasy."  I guess "not much to see" boils down to "Rodgers fantasy value as a top QB is not impacted by being traded". But posts about him being a good fit in Denver didn't say "not much to see". ;)  

Another one of the million stories of "could Rodgers land here" that explains it is very unlikely, but won't outright say it isn't happening, have to leave that bit of intrigue open. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/las-vegas-raiders/post/_/id/25636/are-the-las-vegas-raiders-players-for-aaron-rodgers-should-they-be

Edited by stevegrab

Just to throw more gas on the fire, Davante Adams is in the final year of his contract. He was on NFL Now and just said he'd have to think about re-signing in GB if no Aaron Rodgers. He'll be 29 and has one more big contract left to sign in his career. Imagine GB with no Rodgers or Adams next year.

2 hours ago, DMD said:

Just to throw more gas on the fire, Davante Adams is in the final year of his contract. He was on NFL Now and just said he'd have to think about re-signing in GB if no Aaron Rodgers. He'll be 29 and has one more big contract left to sign in his career. Imagine GB with no Rodgers or Adams next year.

Another report that really means nothing and which the media is blowing up like he will certainly leave and its about loyalty to Rodgers.. Its about playing with a HOF QB, he knows that helps his career, so if that QB is gone he will have do some "extra thinking" (his actual words).  What was he supposed to say "If they get rid of Rodgers it won't change my plans"?  That would be complete BS and we all know it. 

The most relevant point is that he's a free agent next year. So, this all better be resolved because I'd think GB would want to extend him and not let him test free agency.

30 minutes ago, DMD said:

The most relevant point is that he's a free agent next year. So, this all better be resolved because I'd think GB would want to extend him and not let him test free agency.

Adams?  They would just franchise him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but some random d00sh said that Schefter said it, but no where on Adam's account did he say it. So, you (and many others) were trolled by some a-hole. 

You’re right. My intent wasn’t to post a false report. I will delete my post. Thanks 

• Like 1

Wow looks like I missed the breaking news..

The replies to that Tweet are hilarious, some people believed it and were thanking Rodgers or bidding him good riddance. I'd rather be a super pessimist than get duped like this.

Ron Wolf cannot believe Rodgers is such a diva.....OK grandpa tell us what it was like a few decades ago...

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/ron-wolf-ex-packers-gm-cant-believe-aaron-rodgers-is-such-a-diva/

I wonder did he think his buddy Favre was being a diva when he forced the Packers to trade him? 

Imagine that some players are not happy with their situation after signing a long term deal, and apparently its a new thing and only happens with diva QBs. This guy has been living under a rock if he didn't notice this happening before this season. 

Oh and Rodgers is going to make a media appearance and whether he mentions the Packers or not he'll be saying something we need to hear...

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers-will-make-a-media-appearance-and-its-going-to-send-a-message-regardless-of-what-he-says-033211764.html